Varnadore will be back

....or so he claims now

Link here he claims he has no plans on MLB yet and will be a tiger next year. I know it's been a disappointing season but he has been one of our brightest spots. At least we know who will be the ace next year

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/05/patterson_and_auburn_expected.html

....or so he claims now

Link here he claims he has no plans on MLB yet and will be a tiger next year. I know it's been a disappointing season but he has been one of our brightest spots. At least we know who will be the ace next year

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/05/patterson_and_auburn_expected.html

Do what?!?

Look, Varny was our best pitcher by far this season and has some talent, but I don't think any of our pitchers are good enough to be considering skipping their SR seasons for the MLB draft.

Is this guy getting looks from scouts or something? That's great for him if so, but while he was good, he wasn't dominate this season.

Varnadore has a chance to be dominant as a senior.  Slade Smith has a "chance" to be very good.  Jon Luke Jacobs made progress as a starter and had some nice outings.  We need more arms in our bullpen that the coaches can have confidence in.  I think CJP was reluctant at times to pull the starter due to the lack of quality pitching behind them.  I think Ortman can become our dominant closer...

Slade Smith pitched great at the end of the year. When he didnt get wins it was usually because the offense couldn't hit the ball. JLJ also pitched great this year. His problem was definitely lack of offensive support.

Slade Smith pitched great at the end of the year. When he didnt get wins it was usually because the offense couldn't hit the ball. JLJ also pitched great this year. His problem was definitely lack of offensive support.

I'd also add that errors cost all three of those pitchers some games. I really hope that problem sees improvement next season, because instead of progress this season, I think it was worse.

Juniors have far more draft leverage. If they don't like the contract they are offered, they can always say, "Give me what I want or I am going back to school." He will likely at least explore his options when he is picked. They all do. Hopefully he decides to come back.

Archived