Networks don't agree to Debate Terms

CarolinaTiger

The networks are balking at some of the agreed upon restrictions the candidates have come up w/.

It would be fine by me if the candidates said, "ok", no debate. the news networks are claiming 'journalistic standards".

regardless of which side of this issue you fall on, once again, the NEWS PEOPLE are as much of the news as the things upon which they are to be reporting.

ct

Put it on PBS only. They can only afford one camera anyway. As long as we don't get sick from the camera swinging from side to side. And during the breaks, PBS can ask for money and try to sell you copies of the debate with the swinging edited out. :big::rolleyes:

Kerry's people have already threatened to bring screwdrivers in to disconnect the time limit lights that have been installed. It seems he finds them too distracting when he attempts to babble on and on.

Calling these dual press conferences "debates" is a joke. I can't believe I agree with the networks. The two camps have ruined the spirit of a debate with all their rules and limitations. True debaters will cringe when they see this spectacle tonight.

The undecided voter won't hear anything but the same old stump speech. A real waste of everyone's time.

I think Rush had a good term for the debates. He called them a 90 minute special edition of "Meet the Press".

Kerry's people have already threatened to bring screwdrivers in to disconnect the time limit lights that have been installed. It seems he finds them too distracting when he attempts to babble on and on.

106352[/snapback]

AGREED!

http://www.pbs.org/now/debate.html#

Archived