Who are we still waiting on to qualify?

austudnt23

Not trying to speak too ill of the last staff buy man it's a nice change of pace to have virtually all of our guys qualify...

ain't that the truth with this staff, they seem to do their homework and get these young men on campus

Not trying to speak too ill of the last staff buy man it's a nice change of pace to have virtually all of our guys qualify...

Well, I think much of the previous staff's problem was getting burned out. They weren't as willing to put forth the max effort on the recruiting trail, so they mostly signed the players that were easier to pull (lower ranked players with potential to be a diamond in the rough, which they were great at finding, along with high profile players who were academically questionable).

a few years back, i was starting to wonder if there was such a thing as a full class of elite athletes, who had high character, drive and good grades.  well the last few classes have confirmed that you can pull in 25 kids like that.  how refreshing!

Well, there have been some (not many, some) whose caracter wasn't the greatest.

very true!  I should have qualified my post ... that was one of the things that i really did appreciate about tubbs.  we rarely had kids showing up in the news for bad stuff.

I guess I should have said that we have a whole lot more of the "total package" than we did, primarily the ability to qualify and the drive to stick around.  tubbs did a decent job of running off the riff-raff.

I was wondering the same. 

Is there a running list of who is on campus?

Blackson, Mason, Denson, Fulse, Therezie & Swain are the only ones left to be cleared.  All of the others have been cleared and if they're not on campus already they will be by June 21st.

Blackson, Mason, Denson, Fulse, Therezie & Swain are the only ones left to be cleared.  All of the others have been cleared and if they're not on campus already they will be by June 21st.

Woe, what's up with Denson, Fulse, Therezie & Swain???  That's the first I have heard about any grade issues with them.  Are they in summer school or something??  Seems to me like they should know by now if they are ok unless they have some classes to make up this summer.  I know Mason is ok. 

Woe, what's up with Denson, Fulse, Therezie & Swain???  That's the first I have heard about any grade issues with them.  Are they in summer school or something??  Seems to me like they should know by now if they are ok unless they have some classes to make up this summer.  I know Mason is ok. 

Just becuase spring semester is over doesn't mean that the NCAA has reviewed all the athletes. Remember that Daren Bates didn't get throug until three days into fall practice and I don't think he had to take any classes over the summer. I beleive I saw earlier where there was some concern about Therezie but that he did make his grades. I haven't heard concerns about the others though

Nobody said anything about grade issues with those guys.  Some just take longer to qualify than others.  I was just responding to the question of who’s on campus and noted that those (6) guys haven’t gotten final confirmation on being cleared.  Mason said he’s qualified (probably because he got the grades and/or test scores he was told that he needed), but he hasn’t gotten final clearance.

Nobody said anything about grade issues with those guys.  Some just take longer to qualify than others.  I was just responding to the question of who’s on campus and noted that those (6) guys haven’t gotten final confirmation on being cleared.  Mason said he’s qualified (probably because he got the grades and/or test scores he was told that he needed), but he hasn’t gotten final clearance.

Oh, ok.... thanks for clearing that up.  Just glad their clearance is not pending any grade issues. 

Archived