2012 5* DT Eddie Goldman

TMAN2499

We've got some good young talented DEs & LBs on the roster.  I think what we need is most is more beef in the middle of the DL, and Goldman appears to be the type that can consume several blockers, plug the middle and free up the speed guys on the edge.  

Jeff Whittaker, Gabe Wright, Angelo Blackson and Ken Carter all say, "Hi."

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:laugh:

Who is this Bust kid??  Link??     ;D

This is "Bust".

http://www.themorgan.org/exhibitions/gw/images/houdon-bust.jpg

:thumbsup:

I was going to go a whole different direction with "bust".....man I gotta grow up. 

The bust pictures you were thinking of are a few pages back.

Is Shanks even a possibility if FSU gets Goldman..

Doubtful. It's Goldman or bust.

Who is this Bust kid??  Link??     ;D

This is "Bust".

http://www.themorgan.org/exhibitions/gw/images/houdon-bust.jpg

:thumbsup:

Boys.............Meet Bust.  That is exactly what this one will be doing to defenders for the next couple of years!

I feel like Goldman has all the potential to be our next Lombardi/Outland Award winner.

I think Goldman has the potential to win the Lombardi and/or Outland Award, the only issue I have with your statement is the use of the word "next"...:tease:

Well who do you think will be next then, Red?

I think we have a few candidates, actually. Corey Lemonier, Jeffrey Whittaker, and Gabe Wright have all impressed me as having that kind of potential.

I don't disagree that our next Lombardi/Outland winner is already on the team just wanted to see who you were thinking of. My choice would be Wright. The bowl game really showed me that he was serious about putting forth the effort to make us possibly say Nick who in a couple years.

BMatt has him to FSU in his latest picks.

Think he's right.  AU felt pretty good about him 2-3 weeks ago, but the in-homes told the tale on this one and got him back to FSU. Not over, but I get the impression it's almost over.  Darby isn't helping us either.

When are recruits going to see that the ACC is the black hole for talent? No matter how many top recruits their teams bring in they are still only a slightly more talented version of C-USA. 2-6 in bowls games shows how they compare to the other conferences.

Well that sux... for Goldman!  :laugh:  :wareagle:

That's fine.  As long as we get 1 of the 2 of Williams and Goldman, we will be fine.  There was no way we were getting both anyways.  I say we land Williams like most believe.  

BM is giving his thoughts if signing day were today.  7 days can change minds.  For example, I think I'll be having lo mein tonite, next Wednesday, who knows?  gator on a stick, maybe.  I just hope Goldman goes for the good guys next week. 

I didn't know where to put this but apparently a FSU source says he doesn't believe Goldman or Darby are leaning either way between FSU and AU.  :we:

Also, I've heard Louis and Darby are pretty close so switching Louis back could help Darby decide to come to AU

I didn't know where to put this but apparently a FSU source says he doesn't believe Goldman or Darby are leaning either way between FSU and AU.  :we:

Also, I've heard Louis and Darby are pretty close so switching Louis back could help Darby decide to come to AU

Well at this point that would be the first time in a couple days a published report did not say they were leaning to FSU.

They aren't that close, but close enough for Louis to get in his ear.  Doubt it'd sway his choice too much.

Archived