2012 5* DT Eddie Goldman

TMAN2499

New update, if you want to call it that, on 247 says that appears FSU has the lead with AU running a close second. His HS coach says that they are all even and Eddie is "still thinking". Don't really like the sound of this one.

FWIW they say "the rumor is FSU leads with AU a close second." Last I saw BM was still confident, that still gives me hope.

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you are right.  I love when "they" say somthing when "they" really don't have a clue!  I don't doubt this staff at all when they go after someone.

I think you are right.  I love when "they" say somthing when "they" really don't have a clue!  I don't doubt this staff at all when they go after someone.

Well this staff is "going after" some guys really, really hard and they have been for quite a while now.  I guess we'll have to see the fruit of their labors in about a week.

Is Shanks even a possibility if FSU gets Goldman..

No. Takes too many plays off and Prattville did not even have him in games on big defensive plays in the playoffs.

Doubtful. It's Goldman or bust.

Who is this Bust kid??  Link??     ;D

This is "Bust".

http://www.themorgan.org/exhibitions/gw/images/houdon-bust.jpg

:thumbsup:

Wow good looking kid!!  Looks to be solid and chiselled.  :rolleyes:

This is "Bust".

I was going to go a whole different direction with "bust".....man I gotta grow up. 

This is "Bust".

I was going to go a whole different direction with "bust".....man I gotta grow up. 

that makes 3.5 billion of us ;)

Anyone know what the "Eddie Golman Update" from PM says?

He is still thinking - will anounce at 11am on signing day - FSU, AU, UAT (in that order) we are most serious threat to FSU.

This is "Bust".

The bust pictures you were thinking of are a few pages back.

Hopefully this will turn out like Corey Lemonier. FSU guys think they get him, all the experts say FSU and then he signs with us!

Thats right!!!! I forgot about that.

We have lost more battles to FSU over the years than I care to remember when Auburn & FSU were the last two schools standing for a recruit's services. I think plenty of this was FSU being more consistent on the field than we were.  I think RIGHT NOW that Craig & Gran have used their Auburn experience to their advantage. I am certain if any of our staff was X-FSU they would do the same. I am not saying negative recruiting, but being persuasive down playing Auburn's strengths and bringing attention to our areas of need let’s say. FSU has a very solid class and is in position for a top 3 to top 5 finish. Given most of our BIG targets are an AU vs FSU battle we either rock on NSD or wind up scrambling with some plan B action. I hope Lemonier was the start of Auburn finishing first and we owe FSU some serious pain !

War Eagle !

But kids should realize that there is not a single person on staff that was there when either EG or DC was at Auburn. Well I guess technically CGC and CEG were assistant together, but none of the coaches or Jay Jacobs were there during DC's tenure as a player. Even if things were bad, its not the same time period. Different day, different management style.

I feel like Goldman has all the potential to be our next Lombardi/Outland Award winner.

I think Goldman has the potential to win the Lombardi and/or Outland Award, the only issue I have with your statement is the use of the word "next"...:tease:

I feel like Goldman has all the potential to be our next Lombardi/Outland Award winner.

I think Goldman has the potential to win the Lombardi and/or Outland Award, the only issue I have with your statement is the use of the word "next"...:tease:

Well who do you think will be next then, Red?

Well who do you think will be next then, Red?

I think we have a few candidates, actually. Corey Lemonier, Jeffrey Whittaker, and Gabe Wright have all impressed me as having that kind of potential.

We've got some good young talented DEs & LBs on the roster.  I think what we need is most is more beef in the middle of the DL, and Goldman appears to be the type that can consume several blockers, plug the middle and free up the speed guys on the edge.  

Archived