2012 5* DT Eddie Goldman

TMAN2499

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just love that our coaching staff goes after the big time recruits that they feel will fit well at AU. There's no half-stepping--they go hard after 'em! And don't take a back seat to anyone!

We either get him or we don't get him.  That's a 50% chance in my book.

That's what I thought too.  ;D

Thinking is not your strong suit.  Birds have REALLY small brains.  But in your defense they did figure out how to drop pebbles to make the water rise so they could drink.  :tease: :tease:

FREE read on EG.  Insight about him and his defensive role.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=6695373

Somebody save this quote for when he commits to AU...

"My role is more of a shield right now from the negative recruiting -- street agents and the pop-up mentor,"

I didn't really get that feeling, although he didn't single us out, from what he is looking for I'd say we have as good a shot as anyone as long as we get him back on campus.

The only reason Auburn seems to be left out a bit is because the writer made a mistake and didn't include us under "schools he has visited".  Don't read into that imo. 

• 4 weeks later...

Visiting AU, bama, Florida, and FSU I believe. If he had a top five I would guess it would be Miami, AU, uat , FSU, and maybe UF or USC

Visiting AU, bama, Florida, and FSU I believe. If he had a top five I would guess it would be Miami, AU, uat , FSU, and maybe UF or USC

His final 3 will be AU, uat, and FSU. FSU has a very strong D-Line right now. But, I really think the Coaches will make Eddie feel at home. He's a star, he knows this. We have other stars to go alongside him right now, Eguae and Lemonier. Plus, the Coaches are hot on the trail early for some Top '13 talent. He will easily be reassured that he will have the talent around him. I have a good feeling about him.

I gotta say...I want this guy on our line, BAD. He is a beast and would be able to play from day 1 IMO.

So how did his trip go?

So how did his trip go?

He hasn't made it in just yet. Hopefully this weekend. Last we heard, we will make his final cut.

Cool but he is on a southern tour if he somehow skips then making his final whatever wont mean much. We need this visit now.

So how did his trip go?

He hasn't made it in just yet. Hopefully this weekend. Last we heard, we will make his final cut.

Cool but he is on a southern tour if he somehow skips then making his final whatever wont mean much. We need this visit now.

So how did his trip go?

Completely agree. And for Eddie to make the effort to make yet another unofficial visit shows a lot. I think we have a very good shot at him. We should make his final 3, and hopefully be the hat he puts on come either his All-Star or NSD.

So how did his trip go?

He was supposed to in Gainesville for FNL this weekend, but canceled to extend his stay at FSU.

• 4 weeks later...

JHokanson Justin Hokanson

RT @rivalsmike Eddie Goldman's top 7 are #Alabama, #Auburn, #Clemson, #Florida, #USC, #Miami and #Maryland -- stunned no #FSU

Hoke changed it.

» JHokanson Justin Hokanson

RT @rivalsmike Crud, text from Goldman's coach came in all wacked... Top 7 is #auburn, #Alabama, #cal, #FSU, #Miami, #Maryland #Clemson

Archived