George Bush Rules!!

PChamp119

He is soo hilarious!

"If Kerry is president, will we more likely be attacked?" Bush's answer: "No... I don't think so... cuz I'm gonna win ;) "

Kerry talks about all these things he's gonna do if he's president. Bush's Rebuttle: "I don't know how my opponent is gonna do all that. We have a budget *squeezes fingers together* "

All Kerry does is focus on the same thing : war in Iraq. The rebuttle on being attacked if elected, Kerry talks about going into Iraq. What an idiot!

Kerry just focuses on Bush's "mistakes" but Bush talks about everything with positives and mentions lot of stuff we don't hear in the papers all the time.

Bush is funny and positive and sticks to his word. Kerry is boring and just dwells on negatives that he THINKS are wrong to him.

IMHO, Bush is winning this debate. Tho there is no winner/loser really, I think he is doing better informing us.

Bush is not just winning.... he's killing him. Kerry can't help but say contradicting things.

It has been and hour and 15 minutes, and I still have NO clue what Kerry is going to do, except for "call a summit". Hmm, sounds like something Neville Chamberlain would say...

Did i miss something???? In Kerry's closing statements he said he wasn't leaving Iraq... bt isn't that what he has been preaching all along and based his campaign on???? Taking troops out of Iraq....

In my mind, the debate wasn't even much of a contest. Kerry was full of crap in nearly every empty statement he made. However, I bet a lot of ignorant people took the outright lies and "I have a plan" statements to heart. That is what worries me about this country, the inability to decipher between the obvious truthful person and the phony senator marauding tax payer dollars.

Did i miss something???? In Kerry's closing statements  he said he wasn't leaving Iraq... bt isn't that what he has been preaching all along and based his campaign on???? Taking troops out of Iraq....

106517[/snapback]

Thanks for confirming what I suspected...you haven't been listening to Kerry, you've only listened to Bush.

Thanks for confirming what I suspected...you haven't been listening to Kerry, you've only listened to Bush.

106523[/snapback]

It's hard to listen to nonsense for an hour.

I watched a chunk of it. I was totally bored with it myself. If Kerry says "Mislead" one more time, or if Bush says "Strong" or "Resolute" one more time, I will lose it.

Kerry: "I have a plan for..."

Lehrer: "Describe that plan Mr. Kerry."

Kerry: "Did I tell you that I fought in Vietnam and have three Purple Hearts?..."

I really wish they would take the gloves off and debate. This was a watered down, directed stump speech from both of them.

I was frankly bored for most of it.

1) Kerry is so weak on National Defense it is scary. "I will call a Summit." For what? To take a cheerleader/student government popularity poll?

2) Bush, Make the "Iraq was a supporter of terrorism" link and make it stick for crying out loud!

3) Bush: What is a Moo-lah?

4) Kerry: Why dont you actually admit that France and Germany may be part of the problem? Who the @#$% do you think sold Iran and Korea the nuclear materials processing equipment Mr. Kerry?

Sheesh, I was not that impressed with either one. Both will claim victory. I am really bored with all this now. Someone please end this campaign!

It was a mixed bag for me. Kerry did better in terms of the skill of debating. Much better than Algore. Better than Bush tonight. Bush repeated himself too much and let huge openings to smack Kerry with his own words pass without comment.

Whether Kerry made any substantial gains, I don't know because I don't think he was really any clearer on things than he has been in the past. But he debated better tonight for what it was.

Kerry: "Did I tell you that I fought in Vietnam and have three Purple Hearts?..."

Huh? I missed this exchange. Is this from the RNC spin room? Karen "I wear the pants in this relationship" Hughes?

Huh? I missed this exchange. Is this from the RNC spin room? Karen "I wear the pants in this relationship" Hughes?

106543[/snapback]

Well I guess you must have missed it. Kerry is as clear as mud on most subjects.

Economy: "The Economy is great, But we can do better, I am not Bush!"

How can we do better Mr. Kerry? By increasing taxes and putting more people out of work? Show us where in the past raising taxes helped anyone?

We are at war and we have to spend the money to protect America. Gutting the military and intelligence, Kerry's 20 years in the Senate PROVE HE WOULD, will

not make us safer to terrorism. Holding another worthless 'cheerleader/student government popularity contest' will not make one soul safer to terrorism. :no:

I have to agree with what I heard Dick Morris say about Bush. That is, Bush seemed distracted. At the time, I was getting kinda hacked off at this.....how could he NOT be ready for this ? Then I hear there is a major offensive going on in Iraq, with US and Iraqi forces having killed 80-90 terrorist.

We've already seen what a slick talker can do in office. Times have changed now ,and we need a strong leader, not a used car salesman. Kerry won the debate, but this is real life, not some gorram after school function.

Personally, I thought Kerry at least held his own. President Bush didnt seem too presidential last night. I was a little frustrated. I'd say Kerry and Bush were neck-in-neck with Kerry finishing slightly ahead of Bush. I am a Bush supporter, but Bush stayed on the defensive all night. NOT something an incumbent should have to do.

106543[/snapback]

Well I guess you must have missed it. Kerry is as clear as mud on most subjects.

Economy: "The Economy is great, But we can do better, I am not Bush!"

How can we do better Mr. Kerry? By increasing taxes and putting more people out of work? Show us where in the past raising taxes helped anyone?

We are at war and we have to spend the money to protect America. Gutting the military and intelligence, Kerry's 20 years in the Senate PROVE HE WOULD, will

not make us safer to terrorism. Holding another worthless 'cheerleader/student government popularity contest' will not make one soul safer to terrorism. :no:

106560[/snapback]

Shades of the old Hannity and Colmes thread. DWK's interpolations passed of as someone's positon.

Texas, I think most people here are intelligent enough to know hyperbole and sarcasm when they see it. David is not claiming that Kerry actually articulated the words "I'm not Bush". But to many people there is this underlying implication to just about anything he says that "I am not Bush" captures pretty well.

Look, Kerry did well last night in terms of debate style. I feel like in that respect, he "won" the debate. But I didn't see any knockout punches and he still keeps talking about this grand "plan" but doesn't give even a skeleton framework of what it would be or how he would accomplish it (for instance, claiming he'll get our "allies" involved in Iraq when France and Germany have already said they will not be committing any troops even if Kerry is elected).

Look, Kerry did well last night in terms of debate style. I feel like in that respect, he "won" the debate. But I didn't see any knockout punches and he still keeps talking about this grand "plan" but doesn't give even a skeleton framework of what it would be or how he would accomplish it (for instance, claiming he'll get our "allies" involved in Iraq when France and Germany have already said they will not be committing any troops even if Kerry is elected).

I agree Titan. On articulation Kerry "won" the night. I think some of the substance of what he said was a bit lacking.

I totally disagree that Kerry lacked substance last night. I think he showed the American people that he truely does have a plan in Iraq. Whether you agree or disagree with the plan is a whole other story, but he proved he does have a plan. President Bush looked very flustered, and honestly, did much worse than I expected him to.

A key moment for me was when Kerry discussed his plan on Iraq, and the only rebuttal from the President was that the plan wouldn't work, he never went into detail about what his plan is.

Here are the Kerry quotes from the debate regarding his "plan":

I have a better plan for homeland security.  I have a better plan to be able to fight the war on terror by strengthening our military, strengthening our intelligence, by going after the financing more authoritatively, by doing what we need to do to rebuild the alliances, by reaching out to the Muslim world, which the president has almost not done, and beginning to isolate the radical Islamic Muslims, not have them isolate the United States of America.  

I know I can do a better job in Iraq.  I have a plan to have a summit with all of the allies, something this president has not yet achieved, not yet been able to do to bring people to the table. 

We can do a better job of training the Iraqi forces to defend themselves, and I know that we can do a better job of preparing for elections.

All of these, and especially homeland security, which we‘ll talk about a little bit later.

Now, we have a choice here.  I‘ve laid out a plan by which I think we can be successful in Iraq:  with a summit, by doing better training, faster, by cutting—by doing what we need to do with respect to the U.N.  and the elections.

That‘s why, in my plan, I add two active duty divisions to the United States Army, not for Iraq, but for our general demands across the globe. 

I also intend to double the number of special forces so that we can do the job we need to do with respect fighting the terrorists around the world.  And if we do that, then we have the ability to be able to respond more rapidly.

I have a plan for Iraq.  I believe we can be successful.  I‘m not talking about leaving.  I‘m talking about winning.  And we need a fresh start, a new credibility, a president who can bring allies to our side.

I also have a plan to win the war on terror, funding homeland security, strengthening our military, cutting our finances, reaching out to the world, again building strong alliances.

I'm sorry, but that doesn't sound like a detailed plan to me. The closest thing to "detail" he gave was that he wants to add two more Army divisions. The next closest thing is this notion of some kind of "summit". Other than that, it's a lot of puffery and saying he can do things the current admin is already doing, just saying he can "do it better", but gives no concrete examples of how his approach is different, much less better.

I didn't listen last night but was curious about what is Kerry's plan for Iraq?

106586[/snapback]

1. Convene a summit of the world's major leaders and key arab nations to discuss Iraq

2. Train Iraqi's quicker by doublin classroom and require follow-on field training

3. Internationalize reconstruction to help share costs

4. Convene a regional conference with Iraq's neighbors to help secure a pledge of respect for Iraq's borders and non-interference in Iraq's internal affairs

1.  Convene a summit of the world's major leaders and key arab nations to discuss Iraq

Noted above.

2.  Train Iraqi's quicker by doublin classroom and require follow-on field training

Translation: We're already doing this, I can just do it better and faster. At least that's what I'll claim now.

3.  Internationalize reconstruction to help share costs

Two words: Good luck. And frankly, if he would pay a little more attention to the under the table deals France and Germany had with Iraq (which better explains their opposition to the war than any notion of principle or "wanting peace"), then perhaps Kerry would see why rewarding those countries with contracts is ridiculous.

4.  Convene a regional conference with Iraq's neighbors to help secure a pledge of respect for Iraq's borders and non-interference in Iraq's internal affairs.

Aww. "Let's all just get along"?

I'm sorry, just because you can distill some vague, untested, and (in some cases) ill-informed notions into four bullet points doesn't make them a detailed plan.

1.  Convene a summit of the world's major leaders and key arab nations to discuss Iraq

Noted above.

2.  Train Iraqi's quicker by doublin classroom and require follow-on field training

Translation: We're already doing this, I can just do it better and faster. At least that's what I'll claim now.

3.  Internationalize reconstruction to help share costs

Two words: Good luck. And frankly, if he would pay a little more attention to the under the table deals France and Germany had with Iraq (which better explains their opposition to the war than any notion of principle or "wanting peace"), then perhaps Kerry would see why rewarding those countries with contracts is ridiculous.

4.  Convene a regional conference with Iraq's neighbors to help secure a pledge of respect for Iraq's borders and non-interference in Iraq's internal affairs.

Aww. "Let's all just get along"?

I'm sorry, just because you can distill some vague, untested, and (in some cases) ill-informed notions into four bullet points doesn't make them a detailed plan.

106596[/snapback]

Its still much more detail than Bush went into. He just said, that won't work. He never substituted what he is doing that is working, and what he will do if re-elected. Will he do anything differently?

I have a better plan for homeland security.  I have a better plan to be able to fight the war on terror by strengthening our military, strengthening our intelligence, by going after the financing more authoritatively, by doing what we need to do to rebuild the alliances, by reaching out to the Muslim world, which the president has almost not done, and beginning to isolate the radical Islamic Muslims, not have them isolate the United States of America.  

I know I can do a better job in Iraq.  I have a plan to have a summit with all of the allies, something this president has not yet achieved, not yet been able to do to bring people to the table. 

We can do a better job of training the Iraqi forces to defend themselves, and I know that we can do a better job of preparing for elections.

All of these, and especially homeland security, which we‘ll talk about a little bit later.

Now, we have a choice here.  I‘ve laid out a plan by which I think we can be successful in Iraq:  with a summit, by doing better training, faster, by cutting—by doing what we need to do with respect to the U.N.  and the elections.

That‘s why, in my plan, I add two active duty divisions to the United States Army, not for Iraq, but for our general demands across the globe. 

I also intend to double the number of special forces so that we can do the job we need to do with respect fighting the terrorists around the world.  And if we do that, then we have the ability to be able to respond more rapidly.

I have a plan for Iraq.  I believe we can be successful.  I‘m not talking about leaving.  I‘m talking about winning.  And we need a fresh start, a new credibility, a president who can bring allies to our side.

I also have a plan to win the war on terror, funding homeland security, strengthening our military, cutting our finances, reaching out to the world, again building strong alliances.

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

That one had me in tears last night. "THE PRESIDENT ALMOST DIDNT PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN LAST NIGHT!!!!!"

What a moroon!!

Archived