My letter to Mike Herndon about his "nothing to see here" article today

Tiger Oak

Mike,

Glad to know you guys are so concerned with actual evidence in the T-Town Menswear case. Tell me, with all of the attack pieces that have been written about Auburn over the last year in an attempt to have Cam declared ineligible where was the hard evidence that he was paid by someone at Auburn? Where was the deep probing journalism into the shady Kenny Rogers character and the evaluation of what his true motives were? Where was the article to clarify if Cecil Newton shopped his son around or if he listened a little too long to offers being thrown at him by the likes of Kenny Rogers? For that matter, since it is reported as fact that MSU coaches spoke with Cecil about buying Cam where is the LOI the NCAA sent to MSU? Since Dan Mullen was the only coach at MSU that Cam had a relationship with where were all of the questions during SEC media days about "what he knew and when did he know it?" Now Bama has been caught with their hand in the cookie jar. Just like in the text book case Bama is saying nothing to see here folks. However, even with a quick look at what came out yesterday it is obvious that the store owner is using his CLOSE relationship with players and coaches to promote his business. Richardson being pictured sitting at a table in his store signing jerseys is an obvious promotion for the store which is against NCAA rules. You better have a very big broom if you want to sweep all of this under the rug. If it is I think GA Tech may be just a little upset. Lastly, exactly when did Bama report this to the SEC and the NCAA? What's that you say, they didn't? Well didn't they get burned by not reporting the text book scandal? Tell me, how has the NCAA responded to schools who cover up violations over the last year? Yeah, you're right, nothing to see here folks. A raging three alarm fire is nothing to see. Is there such a thing as journalistic integrity?

Applauding your initiative!  For all the naysayers out there about "nothing's gonna happen"...remember, there was also no way that Mr. Bobby Lowder was going to leave his position on the AU Board of Trustees, either.  Let us with humility continue to do whatever we're led to do to see any truth, anywhere come to light...and trust the law of reaping and sowing to continue to reveal what needs to be revealed.  While we do so, let's remember to reflect the demeanor and disposition of Coach Chizik and company...may our coaches/staff/players/families be as proud of their fans as we are of them!

Finally a letter that was very well written from a fan that seems to be very knowledge on the topic he wrote about. Too many times have I come on here and seen a letter written to a sportswriter using the term "Updykes" to describe Alabama.. Bad move if they wanna get their point across.

But anyways I'll stop ranting :laugh: Great job Tiger Oak

Archived