Charles Robinson Tweet on the "10" story.

DThriftWarEagle

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Saban walked into the perfect situation.  Bama had a system of corruption in place so he didn't have to build it. 

Maybe that's why they had to go so far down their list of candidates to find a coach who would say yes :zapbama:?

I think Saban walked into the perfect situation.  Bama had a system of corruption in place so he didn't have to build it. 

Maybe that's why they had to go so far down their list of candidates to find a coach who would say yes :zapbama:?

I'd say yes to both of those....along with the expectations of a poisonous fan base being an issue also.

One thing that NEVER gets any legit probing coverage is the difference in classes knee high had at LSU versus bama. OK, LSU has ZERO competition in LA for recruits and the same HC goes to bama recruiting against Auburn and has consistently brought in top notch classes better than he had at LSU ? He is a "good" recruiter, but he is NOT THAT GOOD. Don't tell me it is because bama has more tradtion because these recruits are looking at more MODERN day history, not NCs claimed in BC days with "the rock" WAS a rock ! Besides, LSU under Les 800Meters has turned out better classes than knee high. Seriously, if bama does get exposed there will be plenty of dirt to "process". 

War Eagle !

I think a lot of it has to do with the "hype" that Saban gained after the national title at LSU, and then coaching in the NFL.  Once he went to BAMA, he was talked of as almost legendary status (deserved or not), and that really bolstered his recruiting.

I think a lot of it has to do with the "hype" that Saban gained after the national title at LSU, and then coaching in the NFL.  Once he went to BAMA, he was talked of as almost legendary status (deserved or not), and that really bolstered his recruiting.

I am not sure that is entirely accurate when weeman arrived in 2007. The national media was crushing him when he took the bama job. He was called every name in the book: liar, weasel, gasbag, used car salesman and so on. He was torn apart when he took the bama job nationwide EXCEPT in turdville. No one liked him and the knock was he could not win without supperior talent. His first season at bama, he lost the team. They quit on him. He got bashed in the national media all year, he lost the last 3 games of the season (MSU, LM, AU) to finish the year 6-6. Bama went to Shreveport and got EXTREMELY lucky against Colorado when a blown call gave them the game late. Throw in the fact the bama program was being laughed at and turned down by every coach they went after, the ridicule and disdain for weeman, and an aweful season including the "Pearl Harbor" comparison he was ripped for and it was a total embarrasment. Then 5-6 weeks later, bama signed probably the best class in their entire history. Consensus #1 on every service. Then half the class shows up driving new cars. Hell, even the assistant coach for Clemson said something about the new bama signees driving around in Escalades all the gasden car dealership stuff, etc.

Add it up and...

I have to give him props as a recruiter.  I haven't seen any better in assessing and recruiting defensive talent.  He is good to average on the offensive side.  He is an excellent defensive coach, and average on offense.  His biggest challenge moving forward is retooling his defensive philosophy to match the spread, and he has to do something on offense.  He needs to be able to score points.  I truly believe that Gene Chizik and staff have found the secret sauce.  They have a perfect blend of recruiting, defense, offense and atmosphere.  Wouldn't trade our staff for any in the country.

War Eagle Coach Gene Chizik.

Since Charles Robinson is a MSU Alum, then he knows he Coach belittle recruits.  Remeber MSU was one of the finalist for Albert Means, his lead recruiter for MSU was Bobby Williams, who I think is still at uat now.

If CR cares about Michigan State, he might be out for bama after the beating they gave Michigan St. in the bowl game. He said they had been on the story since about a month or two after the bowl game.

I have heard some rumblings that the "10" story may center around Ohio State and possible point shaving in college football. There has been an FBI investigation under way which is how the whole OSU scandal was uncovered to begin with. I have also heard it may involve more than just OSU. Anyone else hearing the same thing?

I have heard some rumblings that the "10" story may center around Ohio State and possible point shaving in college football. There has been an FBI investigation under way which is how the whole OSU scandal was uncovered to begin with. I have also heard it may involve more than just OSU. Anyone else hearing the same thing?

Haven't heard that it was about OSU. It doesn't seem like anything would be 10 because of their situation already. Also he was on top of the OSU story and would have told anything else he had when the story took off.

Not heard it, and have no solid evidence, but I have suspected the gambling/point shaving issue for a while... way too much money involved for the potential for abuse...

The state of AL has the highest number of gamblers per capita in the country, as per DS...

Mostly UAT* fans....

Just saying... :dunno:

Archived