Finebaum Leaving?

watsontiger98

Anyone heard a rumor that Finebaum may be leaving JOX?

Hope so.  I'm ready for less drama, and more realism on my drive home everyday. 

BTW, where did you hear this from??  Could be the affects of the new AU radio station starting up!!  :thumbsup:

He's been building for a national audience for a long time.  Business acumen says .....TIME TO MOVE ON ! 

He's pitted AU vs. UA to build himself which is what I've emphasized for a long time.  He may be a homer but he's a PF homer first.

WDE !!!

If it were to happen it would probably just be Sirius/XM buying his show from Citadel but WJOX would still probably retain some kind of syndication rights so we'd still probably hear him every afternoon at 2:00

If it were to happen it would probably just be Sirius/XM buying his show from Citadel but WJOX would still probably retain some kind of syndication rights so we'd still probably hear him every afternoon at 2:00

I hope the hell not...I want my radio dial clear of any Finebaum...loser.  :devil:

BTW, where did you hear this from??  Could be the affects of the new AU radio station starting up!!  :thumbsup:

What Au radio show? I would love to have something decent to listen to from 2-4.

Didn't you hear?  Finebaum is leaving JOX to host the new Auburn radio show  :laugh:

Didn't you hear?  Finebaum is leaving JOX to host the new Auburn radio show  :laugh:

Don't toy with my emotions... >:(:(:o:rolleyes::-[ :'( :);):tease::thumbsup::bow::dunno::banghead::devil:

What Au radio show? I would love to have something decent to listen to from 2-4.

This may help

http://www.auburneagle.com/WEAForum/index.php?topic=36182.0

Guys, I'm actively searching for programming to list at the 2-4 slot.  Haven't found AU programming so I'm now searching for good general programming.

Open for suggestions.

WDE !!!

I could believe that Sirus might buy out but not a change of formats or cities.

He has a formula and it would have to be proven that it could fly if hosted in another market.

First of all Paawwl does not have a clue  about sports.

He knows people who are and can get them on to  talk .

And he knows how to incite the inmates who supply endless call ins.

But, if you have ever heard anyone ask him a serious question concerning the ins

and outs, he doesn't know them.  He is well practiced with some set language and voice inflections

but he knows he doesn't know and is not about to let it be obvious.

Paawwl is about catering to a  local base of callers that allows him to get away with that, 

Bamrs. 

If he moved he'd have to learn something, get more guests but lose the characters and call in audience or

find some locals  who either are or could  become "Bamr Like".

As we all know , Bamrz are Special and one of a kind.  (Cue  Dueling Banjos and bring up Volume.....) 

:party: :party: :party:

I heard the station was getting bought out and they didn't want to pickup the finebaum show  :dunno:

I also heard the new company doesn't like three man radio shows.  This came directly from one of the folks on the Opening Drive. 

I heard the station was getting bought out and they didn't want to pickup the finebaum show  :dunno:

I also heard the new company doesn't like three man radio shows.  This came directly from one of the folks on the Opening Drive. 

Well, that just screws up their whole schedule doesn't it.  :(  :'( 

Interesting.  The first 2 shows both have 3 hosts.  I've known for a while that there was a buyer for the station, but I haven't heard any of the other info.  Hard to believe they would mess with the OD, because I believe it is one of the top rated sports shows around.

Hard for me to believe he could truly go national.  I listen to some of the other sports shows on XM and most of the other guys treat PF as a joke....and have even less respect for his regular callers who fit everyone's idea as a typical southern redneck.

Hard for me to believe he could truly go national.  I listen to some of the other sports shows on XM and most of the other guys treat PF as a joke....and have even less respect for his regular callers who fit everyone's idea as a typical southern redneck.

The world is crazy for people like PF.  Never thought HStern's style would have made it on satellite.  Oh well !

I think I remember hearing PF say a few years ago he would like to host a political talk show.  I could see him hosting a nationally syndicated political talk show.  My guess is he has plenty of money and is getting bored of hearing the same old rants every day. 

I think I remember hearing PF say a few years ago he would like to host a political talk show.  I could see him hosting a nationally syndicated political talk show.   My guess is he has plenty of money and is getting bored of hearing the same old rants every day.   

Now this, is something he would do VERY well at.  He can talk circles with the best of them.

I think I remember hearing PF say a few years ago he would like to host a political talk show.  I could see him hosting a nationally syndicated political talk show.   My guess is he has plenty of money and is getting bored of hearing the same old rants every day.   

Now this, is something he would do VERY well at.  He can talk circles with the best of them.

he would be successful like keith olberman ... oh, wait never mind ... pf would have to be on radio, no one would be able to stand to look at the ugly snarky mug AND listen to him

I hope to heck he leaves. There will always be a hate between us and the turds. However I believe he is a major contributing factor to where the rivalry between the fanbases has escalated to. It would be great for the rivalry if he decided to focus his ignorance into a different direction. I know people say he is in it for himself and that is what he is all about. I disagree 100% with that. I have read to many things he has said or insinuated about us. I have only read two of his articles and listened to his show less than a handful of times. This is when Coach Tub owned them and bama was mediocre at best. It took no time to hear him say, or write, one backhanded compliment after another lobbed towards Auburn. He is a gumpdyke at heart and that makes him just a worthless piece of garbage in my book.

Yeah....he changed when spanky arrived at the crapstain. He has been all updyke since then. No question..

Thats for sure.  PF has hinted many times he is working on something.  Mentioned he quit writing so he could work on whatever it is.

The PFBN has painted itself into a corner...where does it go from here? It's the most ridiculous sports talk show around. I hope it goes away completely. I will be extremely angry if Coach Dye goes back on "THAT" show this season. I will always remember how bad Finebaum treated Neil Calloway when he was on the show for the first time, as the coach of UAB...he tried to make a fool out of Calloway.

When he divided the to two fanbases, I stopped listening. I personally don't see how his show will survive locally. What's the point of his format...he can't continue bashing Auburn, it gets old and people grow tired of the same rumor and innuendo. It's the law of diminishing returns. I say good riddance to the PFBN. I offer up a big  :we: to you.        

The PFBN has painted itself into a corner...where does it go from here? It's the most ridiculous sports talk show around. I hope it goes away completely. I will be extremely angry if Coach Dye goes back on "THAT" show this season.

Doesn't Coach Dye have a contract with CraneWorks and as part of the contract, he gets paid to appear on Finebalm?

Archived