LA Times Column

AUCrete

"Last year's run to the national title was about as improbable as Vanderbilt winning it."

They should stick to West Coast things, like watching hump back whales mate or petting the dolphins.

"Last year's run to the national title was about as improbable as Vanderbilt winning it."

They should stick to West Coast things, like watching hump back whales mate or petting the dolphins.

I would prefer that they pet the sharks!  ;D

The best use for this article would be to use it to fertilize one's garden!

Interesting to find out that Cam Newton and Nick Fairley won the BCS Championship all by themselves. Maybe the rest of the team should give their rings back since they played ZERO part in the "Cam and Nick BCS Championship Run". This article is about as much BS as I have read about us in the last two years. Probably just another butthurt USC fan crying about his team getting hammered for actual NCAA rules violations. And let me guess, the LA Times #1 team will be bammer, saying that THIS bammer team is the most talented and most powerful team the college football world will have ever witnessed and that saban is the most genius coach to ever walk a sports field. Pure crap. Come on September.

The only thing that is improbable is these west coast idiot writers having a clue about college football ... I hope they enjoy their wine and cheese tailgate before the next UCLA game.

Interesting to find out that Cam Newton and Nick Fairley won the BCS Championship all by themselves. Maybe the rest of the team should give their rings back since they played ZERO part in the "Cam and Nick BCS Championship Run". This article is about as much BS as I have read about us in the last two years. Probably just another butthurt USC fan crying about his team getting hammered for actual NCAA rules violations. And let me guess, the LA Times #1 team will be bammer, saying that THIS bammer team is the most talented and most powerful team the college football world will have ever witnessed and that saban is the most genius coach to ever walk a sports field. Pure crap. Come on September.

like last year huh? :laugh:

Comparing us to vandy is a huge slap in the face, to compare us to a team that has an all-time losing record is just asinine....I want USCw bad

The only thing that is improbable is these west coast idiot writers having a clue about college football ... I hope they enjoy their wine and cheese tailgate before the next UCLA game.

They don't have a clue. They think the beach volleyball championship is important.

They don't have a clue. They think the beach volleyball championship is important.

It ISN'T?  AWwwww....gag me with a spoon!

Seriously, not even going to read the article...ya'll's posts are so much more informative!  Since so much happened that defied "logic" last season, I SURE wouldn't expect the Valley Crew to get it.  Love JodyBro's dolphin post, agree about the sharks, and let me just add...there's no season like CROW season!  AubCali...take them out to the woodshed for us!  :wareagle:

What article did y'all read?  I don't see why everyone is so offended by this.  They got it pretty much right.  We did lose two game changers, not to mention a truck load of senior leadership and talent.  We do have a brutal schedule.  Outside a few folks deep in the program and a bunch of internet bandwagoners who want everyone to believe "they knew it", no one in America thought AU was going to run the table last year.  And the likelihood of us doing it again this year is pretty slim.  Heck, they even accurately pointed out that the Newton issue was at MSU, not AU, but that doesn't mean a lot of America just can't resolve in their mind that some rule wasn't broken and that Cam shouldn't have been allowed to play.  This article wasn't that far off, if at all.  At least it wasn't the usual junk we see full of rumor and innuendo.

What article did y'all read?  I don't see why everyone is so offended by this.  They got it pretty much right.  We did lose two game changers, not to mention a truck load of senior leadership and talent.  We do have a brutal schedule.  Outside a few folks deep in the program and a bunch of internet bandwagoners who want everyone to believe "they knew it", no one in America thought AU was going to run the table last year.  And the likelihood of us doing it again this year is pretty slim.  Heck, they even accurately pointed out that the Newton issue was at MSU, not AU, but that doesn't mean a lot of America just can't resolve in their mind that some rule wasn't broken and that Cam shouldn't have been allowed to play.  This article wasn't that far off, if at all.  At least it wasn't the usual junk we see full of rumor and innuendo.

I have to agree with you. It was better written than the drabble that comes out from local media and BSPN. More factual that speculation. I just don't think we will have as bad a season as everyone predicts we will. after all we do have the MAD GENIUS GUS! If he can turn Chris Todds rubber arm into a record breaker he can do amazing things with any of the QB's we have. Look to Overachieve everyones expectations.

Archived