Smoke just keeps on rising!

AUSandman

Well congrats l'll 3.0 tiger! I know you must be smart! I'm sure that those of us with multiple degrees and post grad degrees are really dumb to feel like we do. I guess it comes from being apart of the Auburn family for as long as we have been. I love Auburn for what it is, what it stands for, and for the influence that it has had in my life and the live's of my children and grand children! It may not bother you what the updykes say about our " Family" but it does bother me. I don't let it consume me, but it does bother me, and I doooooooooo love to see them squirm! So now that we know that you are smart 3.0 gpa and i am so dumb, we will just have to agree to disagree and be nice to each other since we are Family. Makes know difference if you are a cub or a Mod. We all have opinions and we have the right to own them. No offense intended to anyone on this wonderful site. WDE to all and forever! :zapbama:

I have no idea where you got the idea that I was calling you dumb from. I was talking about my friends from high school that went to bama not being able to graduate on time and with GPA's less than 3.0.

EVERY single one of my close friends from high school went to bama, coincidently I was the only one to graduate on time and with a GPA over 3.0 but that's another story.

I'm not saying I'm the smartest person out there I'm far from it, but I'm pretty proud of my 3.2 GPA in college. I started school, way back in 3rd grade, in special ed and worked my tail off to get out of special ed by my senior year of high school. I'm very proud that I can say I may have made a few C's while I was at Auburn but I made more A's than C's. I'm also very proud to say that I did it in four years while my friends are taking 5, 6, even 7 years to finish undergrad. Not that there is a problem with taking more time, as long as you finish with a degree it's not wasted time.

AUSandman, sorry if you took offense to that but it was not directed at you or anyone on this site. None of us are bammers!!!

I just know they are going to say what they want to say and there is nothing that I can do to stop it. I can only control what I say and I try to make sure it's always respectful. That's just the way I was raised.

We are good to go! WDE.

Now can somebody give me a LOGICAL reason as to why this isn't being shouted from ever news agency in the country. As much as I hate SBB he has the pictures to go along with the NCAA bylaw that says it's a violation and still everybody acts like there is nothing there! Drives me insane that I had to deal with bs about Cam from TMZ to the NYT and no solid proof of anything and then this comes along WITH PROOF and nothing said!!!!

I think the REC controls the media of the entire universe.  They can put a lock-down on how information gets released to the nation, and they obviously want this locked down.

It seems like the media members are scared.  There will be someone to bust this thing wide open besides a two bit blogger.  Give it time.

Also, please please please stop acting like these pictures mean anything solid. YES they do look suspicious and YES they've probably done something against the rules, but there can be an explanation (good or bad) for the pictures. Let's let it go and stop acting like the rest of college football did about the Cam situation.

That said, less than three weeks until Auburn football starts, WDE everyone  :yay:

You are wrong. The pictures show a relationship with a booster and several star players, and they show that current athletes were knowingly allowing their signatures to be used to promote that boosters business, which IS an NCAA violation, regardless of whether or not compensation was provided or can be proven. Just the act of knowingly allowing it is a violation.

Julio Jones and Mark Ingram lost their eligibility over accepting illegal benefits and had to repay the amount of those illegal benefits to a charity to get their eligibility reinstated during the summer of 2009.  This brings up a couple of questions:

1) Has the NCAA ever had two players from the same team ruled ineligible for accepting illegal benefits a second time?

2) You don't suppose those two went to see their bud at the mall and signed a few things to get the money to pay off their fine to get reinstated, do you? ;D

3) Would the NCAA frown on that or would they be understanding?

I have often wondered where those kids, especially Julio, got the $$$$$ to pay those fines. That's a lot of money for a jobless college kid.....and considering that Mark's daddy is in prison,and Julio's Mom works at a fast food place, it has always seemed a little questionable to me. ;)

Also, please please please stop acting like these pictures mean anything solid. YES they do look suspicious and YES they've probably done something against the rules, but there can be an explanation (good or bad) for the pictures. Let's let it go and stop acting like the rest of college football did about the Cam situation.

That said, less than three weeks until Auburn football starts, WDE everyone  :yay:

You are wrong. The pictures show a relationship with a booster and several star players, and they show that current athletes were knowingly allowing their signatures to be used to promote that boosters business, which IS an NCAA violation, regardless of whether or not compensation was provided or can be proven. Just the act of knowingly allowing it is a violation.

How do you know they knew what was going on? Football players can be pretty dumb (especially ones who play on the west side of the state).

How do you know they knew what was going on? Football players can be pretty dumb (especially ones who play on the west side of the state).

Are you serious?

They go to the store over and over and sign dozens and dozens of articles. Stacks of the same jersey over and over and over, time after time, on visit after visit to the store. Then SOME of the same articles they sign are being sold less than 50 feet away at a kiosk. Not to mention the advertising in the store display window as they walk in the store.

And you are asking how do they know what was going on?

Again, are you being serious?

Are you serious?

They go to the store over and over and sign dozens and dozens of articles. Stacks of the same jersey over and over and over, time after time, on visit after visit to the store. Then SOME of the same articles they sign are being sold less than 50 feet away at a kiosk. Not to mention the advertising in the store display window as they walk in the store.

And you are asking how do they know what was going on?

Again, are you being serious?

All I'm really trying to say is every time I see someone say something like

"Those pictures PROVE that Bama cheats and that's a FACT and bama's going to get the death penalty and have to give back their title and their Heisman trophy and they're never going to win another game ever again har de har de har"

They sound exactly like the people who said things like

"There's no way Cam didn't know what his father was doing, it's only a matter of time before the FACTS come out and Auburn's going to get the death penalty and have to give back their title and their Heisman trophy and they're never going to win another game ever again har de har de har."

Can't we just let the NCAA make those decisions? That's all I'm saying.

Come on you know and I know that if pictures of cam in a similar situation existed he would have been suspended posthaste.  If pictures of cam eating dinner at kr's/booster's home, signing memorabilia/cars, or in their place of business had surfaced cam would have been done at least till an invesitgation was concluded.  There would have been no quick reinstatement.

Archived