Smoke just keeps on rising!

AUSandman

http://www.mlive.com/sports/flint/index.ssf/2011/08/report_links_flints_mark_ingra.html

It worked for me.

"FLINT, Michigan — According to multiple reports on Sports By Brooks, an independent sports blog, Flint's Mark Ingram has been linked to a memorabilia/NCAA rules violation scandal involving a Tuscaloosa, Ala. menswear store owner.

Sports By Brooks reports that Ingram, who left Alabama after his junior year to enter the NFL Draft, was used to advertise T-Town Menswear, owned by disassociated Alabama booster Tom Al-Betar, who, on the web site, is photographed next to an in-store advertisement ("The Mark Ingram Heisman Suit") of Ingram, a Flint Southwestern grad, which was intended to market clothing.

Photos of Ingram-signed memorabilia, including football jerseys, can be seen on Sports By Brooks, along with items signed or allegedly worn by a handful of other current and former Alabama players like Julio Jones, who was drafted by the Atlanta Falcons in the 2011 NFL Draft, and Trent Richardson, who is slated to return to Crimson Tide's backfield this fall."

ready for this bomb to go ahead and blow....tired of waiting

Now can somebody give me a LOGICAL reason as to why this isn't being shouted from ever news agency in the country. As much as I hate SBB he has the pictures to go along with the NCAA bylaw that says it's a violation and still everybody acts like there is nothing there! Drives me insane that I had to deal with bs about Cam from TMZ to the NYT and no solid proof of anything and then this comes along WITH PROOF and nothing said!!!!

I'm really not trying to burst anyone's bubble here, but just because someone else referenced SBB on their blog  doesn't mean anything. If the NCAA was going to do anything about it, they already are, and it's going to take a while (they do have their hands full after all). Waiting for ESPN or Yahoo or a major media outlet to finally report on it is not going to change anything. I'm waiting to hear a concrete report that the NCAA is investigating, and I'll be skeptical even then until a ruling comes down. And if one does, it won't be before this season is over.

Also, please please please stop acting like these pictures mean anything solid. YES they do look suspicious and YES they've probably done something against the rules, but there can be an explanation (good or bad) for the pictures. Let's let it go and stop acting like the rest of college football did about the Cam situation.

That said, less than three weeks until Auburn football starts, WDE everyone  :yay:

People love a great story that is all about redemption. A guy really messes up and then turns things around. We love that. brooks may go down in history as one of the all-time great redemption stories. Last year everyone on here called him a "douche." If I had a dime for every post that used that word in relation to brooks I'd be rich. Now everyone wants to quote him as if he has a lot of credibility. I tell you, that's one heck of a redemption story.

People love a great story that is all about redemption. A guy really messes up and then turns things around. We love that. brooks may go down in history as one of the all-time great redemption stories. Last year everyone on here called him a "douche." If I had a dime for every post that used that word in relation to brooks I'd be rich. Now everyone wants to quote him as if he has a lot of credibility. I tell you, that's one heck of a redemption story.

Nah, he's still a scum-peddling douche.  The shoe's just on the other foot this time.

Also, please please please stop acting like these pictures mean anything solid. YES they do look suspicious and YES they've probably done something against the rules, but there can be an explanation (good or bad) for the pictures. Let's let it go and stop acting like the rest of college football did about the Cam situation.

I feel the same way. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty. We need to take the high road and let the bammers have their day in "court".

I can see the "Take the high road" point. But last year were being served crap sandwiches everyday. We all took the high road then and just let them bash and bash away.

It's not our place to take any road. It's just our time to sit back and watch what kind of sandwiches they are going to be served. Maybe ask them if they need a warm glass of STHU to help wash it down

But, I for one, will not be defending them and saying innocent until proven guilty. It's their responsibility to prove their innocence. And lets not forget all the talk last year, that in the college football world it's guilty until proven innocent.

I can see the "Take the high road" point. But last year were being served crap sandwiches everyday. We all took the high road then and just let them bash and bash away.

It's not our place to take any road. It's just our time to sit back and watch what kind of sandwiches they are going to be served. Maybe ask them if they need a warm glass of STHU to help wash it down

But, I for one, will not be defending them and saying innocent until proven guilty. It's their responsibility to prove their innocence. And lets not forget all the talk last year, that in the college football world it's guilty until proven innocent.

Agree.

People that wish to take the mythical high road for college football fans can take it. The people that cooked up this crap need to be served some now, because it's may be the only way to stop it in the future.

They can bash away all they want. I'm not going to do that because it's not the right thing to do. I enjoy the look on their faces much more when they realize that I'm not going to stoop down to their level. It leads to lots of  :banghead: by them

I'm with you. My point in providing this link was to show that this is being picked up in other news media sites now. It is not going away like the updykes hoped it would. Maby most of you were able to totally enjoy all of last year. Maby you were insulated from the updyke nation, but I wasn't. I had to suffer through the last part of the season due to the fact that I have to deal with a huge group of redneck udyke bammers. I have no choice, unfortunitly, as I am a medical sales rep. and have had to take their crap or loose business. One of my partners played qb at bammer for 2 years befor transferring. It has been nice to see them squirm. I have never been an" in your face" AU grad fan and I never will be. Nothing may come out of all of this, but it is fun to see them continue to come unglued. WDE

I do not believe anything on Sports by Brooks.  We said it was bogus when it was about us and have to assume it is the same with any other team (as much as I would like for it to be true)

I do not believe anything on Sports by Brooks.  We said it was bogus when it was about us and have to assume it is the same with any other team (as much as I would like for it to be true)

If you discredit what he writes I would agree.  But time stamped pictures and quotes from the ncaa rule book are hard to deny.

You are free to feel like what he is saying is bogus all you want. That's your right. However, I refuse to ignore the NCAA bylaw that has NOTHING to do with SBB. It says current athletes CANNOT have their likeness used in any form to promote or advertise for any business. I'm pretty sure "HEY THIS IS MARK INGRAM'S HEISMAN SUIT THAT HE GOT HERE AT TTOWN MENSWEAR" is in fact advertising for your business. Along with the rest of the autographed merchandise in that store. My point is a rule is a rule. It has been proven wayyyy beyond argument that it happened and they knew it was happening. Doesn't matter who brought the bylaw up SBB, CT, or any of the other blogging morons. 

I'm with you. My point in providing this link was to show that this is being picked up in other news media sites now. It is not going away like the updykes hoped it would. Maby most of you were able to totally enjoy all of last year. Maby you were insulated from the updyke nation, but I wasn't. I had to suffer through the last part of the season due to the fact that I have to deal with a huge group of redneck udyke bammers. I have no choice, unfortunitly, as I am a medical sales rep. and have had to take their crap or loose business. One of my partners played qb at bammer for 2 years befor transferring. It has been nice to see them squirm. I have never been an" in your face" AU grad fan and I never will be. Nothing may come out of all of this, but it is fun to see them continue to come unglued. WDE

I would hardly say I'm insulated from bammers. My roommate is a bammer. EVERY single one of my close friends from high school went to bama, coincidently I was the only one to graduate on time and with a GPA over 3.0 but that's another story. My boss is a bama alum, she isn't a bammer she just happened to go there. The majority of the employees in my company are bammers.

I learned how to not care about what some people say a long time ago. What they say goes in one ear and out the other because I really don't care. I have even trained some of them to not bring up Auburn with me, unless its something good, because they know it will not get the rise out of me that they are looking for.

BTW post number 50 so I'm no longer a little tiger cub!!!

Well congrats l'll 3.0 tiger! I know you must be smart! I'm sure that those of us with multiple degrees and post grad degrees are really dumb to feel like we do. I guess it comes from being apart of the Auburn family for as long as we have been. I love Auburn for what it is, what it stands for, and for the influence that it has had in my life and the live's of my children and grand children! It may not bother you what the updykes say about our " Family" but it does bother me. I don't let it consume me, but it does bother me, and I doooooooooo love to see them squirm! So now that we know that you are smart 3.0 gpa and i am so dumb, we will just have to agree to disagree and be nice to each other since we are Family. Makes know difference if you are a cub or a Mod. We all have opinions and we have the right to own them. No offense intended to anyone on this wonderful site. WDE to all and forever! :zapbama:

Archived