Latest T-Town pics

Tiger Oak

The Miami investigation will bring the NCAA to bammer's door. The question is whether they will open it.....

Bama will kick both of the coaches out the door as soon as they think the NCAA will come knocking. They can't chance the NCAA finding out about any REC schemes over a couple of bad hires. But then maybe they will roll on Bama as revenge. One can only hope.

I thought the purpose of the NCAA infractions comittee was to insure no school gets an unfair advantage. With

the media (especially local), Auburn and Tennessee has been at a great disadvantage. And one school in

particular have benefitted from it. The same school who keeps it going 24/7. The NCAA is the very one giving

them the unfair advantage. They were the ones that drug their feet on the Cam crap during the summer and

when bama started pissing and moaning they start all these proceedings before the SECCG. Every other member

school gets timely rulings. Now they NCAA is once again the investigative arm of the REC. "IF" AU would have

done anything wrong, the COI should call it time served. The NCAA is a joke. The entire country knows what

they are doing before they do. If not for yahoo, they would have missed the whole Miami stuff chasing updyke

rumors and conspiracy theories. I need to go somewhere and count to ten. Sorry about rant.  >:(

Many things about the whole "Cam" fiasco continue to bother me more than I would like to admit.  I wish I could just let it all go until IF and WHEN we actually hear something of significance.  This is one part that still gets me.  From a post above, there was the following line which many of us say in various forms: "there was zero evidence that Cecil solicited AU or Cam knew about the alleged MSU solicitation".

As I recall, Cecil admitted to having discussions with Kenny Rodgers about getting money from MSU (boosters?) for Cam's LOI signature.  I never heard anywhere that Cecil actually initiated those conversations or that he admitted to having initiated any such discussions.  There is a BIG difference and based on what we know about Kenny Rodgers, I believe that he is the one who, most likely, brought the subject up.  Perhaps Cecil indirectly solicited money from MSU as Kenny Rodgers tried to obtain money with, or without, Cecil's consent.  If it was without Cecil's consent, it would seem reasonable that Cecil would have never told Cam about the whole escapade.

I can bring something up to you and we can talk about it.  You might admit having had the conversation with me but, in doing so, you would not be admitting that you started the conversation.  The media has taken it much further via insinuation.  It is common to hear the following phrase stated as fact: "Cecil Newton was shopping his son".  Really?  Does anyone know that to be a proven fact?  Am I the only one who, upon hearing this, gets a vision of Cecil standing on a corner with a sign hung around Cam's neck which reads "For Sale?" 

Couple this with the fact that HC Chizik had to be convinced to look at Cam and the fact that it seems pretty clear that even our coaching staff did not really know what they had until the 3rd or 4th game of the season and I say it appears very unlikely that anyone gave any money to Cecil or his churches.

If we did something wrong, I would like to know it.  That having been said, the time has come for the NCAA to "fish or cut bait!"

:wareagle:

^^^This a gazillion times!^^^

I thought the purpose of the NCAA infractions comittee was to insure no school gets an unfair advantage. With

the media (especially local), Auburn and Tennessee has been at a great disadvantage. And one school in

particular have benefitted from it. The same school who keeps it going 24/7. The NCAA is the very one giving

them the unfair advantage. They were the ones that drug their feet on the Cam crap during the summer and

when bama started pissing and moaning they start all these proceedings before the SECCG. Every other member

school gets timely rulings. Now they NCAA is once again the investigative arm of the REC. "IF" AU would have

done anything wrong, the COI should call it time served. The NCAA is a joke. The entire country knows what

they are doing before they do. If not for yahoo, they would have missed the whole Miami stuff chasing updyke

rumors and conspiracy theories. I need to go somewhere and count to ten. Sorry about rant.   >:(

agreed

Many things about the whole "Cam" fiasco continue to bother me more than I would like to admit.  I wish I could just let it all go until IF and WHEN we actually hear something of significance.  This is one part that still gets me.  From a post above, there was the following line which many of us say in various forms: "there was zero evidence that Cecil solicited AU or Cam knew about the alleged MSU solicitation".

As I recall, Cecil admitted to having discussions with Kenny Rodgers about getting money from MSU (boosters?) for Cam's LOI signature.  I never heard anywhere that Cecil actually initiated those conversations or that he admitted to having initiated any such discussions.  There is a BIG difference and based on what we know about Kenny Rodgers, I believe that he is the one who, most likely, brought the subject up.  Perhaps Cecil indirectly solicited money from MSU as Kenny Rodgers tried to obtain money with, or without, Cecil's consent.  If it was without Cecil's consent, it would seem reasonable that Cecil would have never told Cam about the whole escapade.

I can bring something up to you and we can talk about it.  You might admit having had the conversation with me but, in doing so, you would not be admitting that you started the conversation.  The media has taken it much further via insinuation.  It is common to hear the following phrase stated as fact: "Cecil Newton was shopping his son".  Really?  Does anyone know that to be a proven fact?  Am I the only one who, upon hearing this, gets a vision of Cecil standing on a corner with a sign hung around Cam's neck which reads "For Sale?" 

Couple this with the fact that HC Chizik had to be convinced to look at Cam and the fact that it seems pretty clear that even our coaching staff did not really know what they had until the 3rd or 4th game of the season and I say it appears very unlikely that anyone gave any money to Cecil or his churches.

If we did something wrong, I would like to know it.  That having been said, the time has come for the NCAA to "fish or cut bait!"

:wareagle:

My thoughts exactly. I couldn't have said it better. great post...And stop reading my mind!

It wouldn't surprise me if the NCAA isn't already looking into T-Town and turdville. The gumpdykes hid "textbook gate" for almost two years if I remember right. You know the "jounalists" in the State aren't going to report anything about it. I am not ready to put this one to bed quite yet. tOSU, the U, Oregon, USCw, and other schools will not let this happen IMO.

It's hard to believe that as many players that we think have been crapped on by bama that one of them has not flipped and told the world if there were any wrong doings going on in turdtown.

It's hard to believe that as many players that we think have been crapped on by bama that one of them has not flipped and told the world if there were any wrong doings going on in turdtown.

Not hard at all... Logan Young was a message for all//// If they will go after someone as powerful as Logan, they will do a lot... Now Logan was about to go Miami on them, which would have destroyed the myth.

I think bammer is taking the refusing-to-even-acknowledge-a-problem approach in hopes that it will die down and they can escape punishment.

From the lack of exposure from really any media outlet...it would seem that their strategy is working.  I am amazed at the lack of attention of all of this, especially when the NCAA seems to have already turned its head to focus on Miami.

Be encouraged!  Remember, "Miami" was 11 months in the making according to the Yahoo report.  I know I for one had no clue, eleven months ago, that this would surface.  It stands to reason that, like the root system of a tree or the hidden dimensions of an iceberg, we tend to only see the tip...and from quite a range of viewpoints.  As we press on, chopping wood, loving, supporting, and praying up our Tigers and all who invest in them, the truth will come to light one way or another. 

Archived