Latest T-Town pics

Tiger Oak

Now bama LB Nico Johnson (I think) is pictured signing cleats, pictured at at least two dinners at the now infamous Japanese steak house, and of course posing for pictures with customers at T-Town. I'm all for letting the facts come out but at what point does someone have to answer these pictures with more then bama has already looked into them and found nothing? They are beginning to sound like that Iraqi minister claiming the U.S. was not in Baghdad when we were watching the tanks roll through the streets.

I think bammer is taking the refusing-to-even-acknowledge-a-problem approach in hopes that it will die down and they can escape punishment.

Agree. It is becoming quite obvious this involves a LOT of key players. The gumps know it could devastate the season and have chosen their course of action (claiming no violation occurred). This is going to get ugly IMO after they continue to play all the players.

Last year, the turds yapped and yapped (and still haven't stopped yapping) about us "rolling the dice with Cam". However, there was zero evidence that Cecil solicited AU or Cam knew about the alleged MSU solicitation. This situation is ENTIRELY different. All the evidence is there, everyone is aware of it (including Bama's compliance department), and a clear cut violation occurred.

Personally, I like the way bama is handling it. It is going to make it worse and worse the longer they continue down this path.

How would the NCAA classify something like this if it turns out that the only wrongdoing was the owner of T-town Menswear used players for advertising and no players received anything of monetary value?  Would that be considered a secondary violation?

How would the NCAA classify something like this if it turns out that the only wrongdoing was the owner of T-town Menswear used players for advertising and no players received anything of monetary value?  Would that be considered a secondary violation?

I think that was a possibility if bama had reported the violations and announced a suspension for all players involved (like 2-3 games). However, bama did not want this to see the light of day and were willing to take a BIG gamble in taking the stance of "nothing to see, no violations here".

Now, it is too late for even that.

I think that was a possibility if bama had reported the violations and announced a suspension for all players involved (like 2-3 games). However, bama did not want this to see the light of day and were willing to take a BIG gamble in taking the stance of "nothing to see, no violations here".

Now, it is too late for even that.

Don't forget that the Gumpdykes are still under NCAA probation until June 2012.

How long can this go on?  Ridiculous.  And like said, I hope they keep denying it, it'll make it that much worse for them if/when the NCAA comes'a'knockin! 

How long can this go on?  Ridiculous.   And like said, I hope they keep denying it, it'll make it that much worse for them if/when the NCAA comes'a'knockin! 

The NCAA has their platter FULL to the brim right now with the OSU & Miami fiasco.  I'm not so sure they'll expend too many resources on a suit shop.  I hope I'm totally wrong, but after the expose' on Yahoo yesterday on Miami and the other OSU allegations - the NCAA is way under-manned as it is right now. 

It would not surprise me at all to see the NCAA wait until after next June to officially do anything with all this t-town menswear stuff, just so that bammer can be off probation. Since we all know they are darlings in the eyes of everyone.

^^^ Wouldn't matter!! It is when the violation occurs, not when they investigate. So if they are on probation when the violation occurs they are in hot water no matter when the NCAA investigates or rules on it!

How long can this go on?  Ridiculous.   And like said, I hope they keep denying it, it'll make it that much worse for them if/when the NCAA comes'a'knockin! 

The NCAA has their platter FULL to the brim right now with the OSU & Miami fiasco.  I'm not so sure they'll expend too many resources on a suit shop.  I hope I'm totally wrong, but after the expose' on Yahoo yesterday on Miami and the other OSU allegations - the NCAA is way under-manned as it is right now. 

Mr. Emmert himself said they are tripling their investigative work force, and have already hired a lot of new investigators.

Mr. Emmert himself said they are tripling their investigative work force, and have already hired a lot of new investigators.

Great job stimulus plan.  Maybe they can hire all the unemployed census workers.

:P

But he didn't say that they were hiring QUALIFIED investigators!!

So we have pretty reliable media reports of NCAA investigators looking @ LSU, UCF, Miami, tOSU, OU, UT, UNC,...

Rumored to be looking @ AU (Big Cat Weekend/Tiger Prowl ???) & UAT* (7-on-7 Camps/BC-CK-Pagan-Blakely recruitment/street agents )... also UGA & FL...

Question: Does anyone outside of the NCAA & perhaps the admin. of the individual schools know if an active investigation is actually ongoing?

Is there a NCAA web-site that gives any creditable and current information?

I personally have grown weary of reading quotes from Baghdad Bob-like bloggers who really don't know any more facts than I do... I'd really like to know the truth...

Getting to be like Grimm's Fairy Tales 

Many things about the whole "Cam" fiasco continue to bother me more than I would like to admit.  I wish I could just let it all go until IF and WHEN we actually hear something of significance.  This is one part that still gets me.  From a post above, there was the following line which many of us say in various forms: "there was zero evidence that Cecil solicited AU or Cam knew about the alleged MSU solicitation".

As I recall, Cecil admitted to having discussions with Kenny Rodgers about getting money from MSU (boosters?) for Cam's LOI signature.  I never heard anywhere that Cecil actually initiated those conversations or that he admitted to having initiated any such discussions.  There is a BIG difference and based on what we know about Kenny Rodgers, I believe that he is the one who, most likely, brought the subject up.  Perhaps Cecil indirectly solicited money from MSU as Kenny Rodgers tried to obtain money with, or without, Cecil's consent.  If it was without Cecil's consent, it would seem reasonable that Cecil would have never told Cam about the whole escapade.

I can bring something up to you and we can talk about it.  You might admit having had the conversation with me but, in doing so, you would not be admitting that you started the conversation.  The media has taken it much further via insinuation.  It is common to hear the following phrase stated as fact: "Cecil Newton was shopping his son".  Really?  Does anyone know that to be a proven fact?  Am I the only one who, upon hearing this, gets a vision of Cecil standing on a corner with a sign hung around Cam's neck which reads "For Sale?" 

Couple this with the fact that HC Chizik had to be convinced to look at Cam and the fact that it seems pretty clear that even our coaching staff did not really know what they had until the 3rd or 4th game of the season and I say it appears very unlikely that anyone gave any money to Cecil or his churches.

If we did something wrong, I would like to know it.  That having been said, the time has come for the NCAA to "fish or cut bait!"

:wareagle:

i don't know what went on with cecil and rogers.....rogers or rodgers,whatever,is a sleazebag and i wouldn't trust cecil to be squeaky clean either...all that i know is that there has been no proof presented publically,nada,zero,zilchshitt,that AU or cam or cecil or rogers or miss st, did anything that was against ncaa rules.....there are no photos,recordings or anything to say that rules were broken....i do know where some are .....

Great post Aubie79, and very accurate. I really believe this sleazeball Rogers started this whole thing. Dude has a history. And you are dead on, the only thing Cecil admitted to was that he was present when Rogers brought up the pay scheme, that is all.

The FBI homed in on Kenny Rogers as soon as John Bond admitted he was contacted by Kenny Rogers and asked for money to deliver Cam Newton to MSU.  State regulators from Mississippi got involved too.  I think that is the hold up with the NCAA, waiting to see what falls out from the FBI and state regulators.

I think bammer is taking the refusing-to-even-acknowledge-a-problem approach in hopes that it will die down and they can escape punishment.

From the lack of exposure from really any media outlet...it would seem that their strategy is working.  I am amazed at the lack of attention of all of this, especially when the NCAA seems to have already turned its head to focus on Miami.

Archived