F'bomb on Bama

Old School Tiger

If you think ruining your university;s reputation, their coaches, their hostess etc is entertainment you have serious

issues....He is under the REC propaganda and this is not entertainment to me...just my 2 cents....How many of you

could stand constant criticism on an daily basis?  After while you would get sick of it.  I hope his show is cancelled

and we can get someone who actually talks sports again.

I may very well have serious issues, but finding humor in the idiots on both sides of the AU UA rivalry that call in that show is not one of them. I dont really care if Finebaum is the biggest Bama fan ever, he did defend Auburn when the Cam s#%+ first hit the fan when nobody else in the national media would. Auburn and Alabama both being very relevant nationally is the best thing that ever happened to his show and he knows it.  He isn't trying to bring either program down, no matter how many tin foil hats you wear or how many black helicopters you think you see.   his show is pretty damn funny to alot of people, especially ones who can keep the rivalry in perspective.   Now, dwelling on what the other team is doing more than on what your team is doing, praying and hoping that they will get in trouble instead of wanting your team to just be able to beat them no matter what you think or wish they are up to, that may be an issue you should address since so many of your posts are REC related.

I agree tigerjeff.  Some here lets our orange and blue glasses keep them from believing that anyone who beats us on a recruit did it with out cheating. Very few big programs have to outright cheat to get good players. Most have minor violations every now and then, but few cheat.  I wear orange and blue glasses also but I try to just see the facts, which by the way are seldom found on internet boards or blogs.   

U ain't kidding

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont really care if Finebaum is the biggest Bama fan ever, he did defend Auburn when the Cam s#%+ first hit the fan when nobody else in the national media would.

Fbaum was enlisted to debate the Cam situation in defense of the Newtons in the national media.  ESPN told him the side they wanted him to argue, and he accepted (becasue he's only out for himself).

Since he is no longer on ESPN every day to discuss it, you're finally getting to see what his real position is on the matter.

PF's defense of Cam was very tepid, and he still allowed callers a lot of leeway to slam Auburn and the Newton family. What he's doing now is not excusable just because he seemed to take Cam's side for a few weeks. It was a very backhanded defense, and was set up to benefit PF, not Auburn.

The only journalist who was fair to Auburn and the Newtons on a regular basis besides Phillip Marshall locally, was Jack Arute.

Phillip Marshall is not a very good example of "fair" journalism when it comes to anything AU related. I love his articles and read them a lot but he is the biggest Auburn homer out there and he, like myself and a lot of you all, wouldve defended Cam if he were caught talking war strategy with Bin Laden. And of course PF gives callers a lot of leeway to bash Auburn and cam.  He gives idiots like Iman and other bafoons plenty of leeway to bash the Tide and their players too. That's what gets his show rolling on a slow day, letting some fool who has nothing better to do call in and get all the other fools who have nothing better to do all worked up. Then, presto, the show gets entertaining again.  The key to listening to that show and not getting offended  by all the bull crap is to make sure you aren't a fool too.  And I don't care what anybody says, PF defended Cam and Auburn when nobody else that mattered would. Like him or hate him there is no denying that he has taken UA and even more so AU to a national audience that a great percentage of never even knew where the hell Auburn, AL was. That has helped  our school become closer to a national brand, a household name amongst football fans coast to coast than it has ever been.  Like Crimson Tide, Longhorns, Wolverines, Trojans, Sooners, and Fighting Irish are all national brands, Auburn is closer to that today than we have ever been. I know winning the BCS helped that more than anything, but it cannot be ignored how much national exposure the PF show has given Auburn so people need to stop hating on the guy. He is good for both schools and both should be thankful he is in our state. Like him or not he has made our state the new center of college football in the USA and that is good for everyone

I dont really care if Finebaum is the biggest Bama fan ever, he did defend Auburn when the Cam s#%+ first hit the fan when nobody else in the national media would.

Fbaum was enlisted to debate the Cam situation in defense of the Newtons in the national media.  ESPN told him the side they wanted him to argue, and he accepted (becasue he's only out for himself).

Since he is no longer on ESPN every day to discuss it, you're finally getting to see what his real position is on the matter.

PF's defense of Cam was very tepid, and he still allowed callers a lot of leeway to slam Auburn and the Newton family. What he's doing now is not excusable just because he seemed to take Cam's side for a few weeks. It was a very backhanded defense, and was set up to benefit PF, not Auburn.

The only journalist who was fair to Auburn and the Newtons on a regular basis besides Phillip Marshall locally, was Jack Arute.

Phillip Marshall is not a very good example of "fair" journalism when it comes to anything AU related. I love his articles and read them a lot but he is the biggest Auburn homer out there and he, like myself and a lot of you all, wouldve defended Cam if he were caught talking war strategy with Bin Laden. And of course PF gives callers a lot of leeway to bash Auburn and cam.  He gives idiots like Iman and other bafoons plenty of leeway to bash the Tide and their players too. That's what gets his show rolling on a slow day, letting some fool who has nothing better to do call in and get all the other fools who have nothing better to do all worked up. Then, presto, the show gets entertaining again.  The key to listening to that show and not getting offended  by all the bull crap is to make sure you aren't a fool too.  And I don't care what anybody says, PF defended Cam and Auburn when nobody else that mattered would. Like him or hate him there is no denying that he has taken UA and even more so AU to a national audience that a great percentage of never even knew where the hell Auburn, AL was. That has helped  our school become closer to a national brand, a household name amongst football fans coast to coast than it has ever been.  Like Crimson Tide, Longhorns, Wolverines, Trojans, Sooners, and Fighting Irish are all national brands, Auburn is closer to that today than we have ever been. I know winning the BCS helped that more than anything, but it cannot be ignored how much national exposure the PF show has given Auburn so people need to stop hating on the guy. He is good for both schools and both should be thankful he is in our state. Like him or not he has made our state the new center of college football in the USA and that is good for everyone

I feel for you, I just can reach you...sorry I hate the PFBN.  :devil:

I don't really care if Finebaum is the biggest Bama fan ever, he did defend Auburn when the Cam s#%+ first hit the fan when nobody else in the national media would.

Fbaum was enlisted to debate the Cam situation in defense of the Newtons in the national media.  ESPN told him the side they wanted him to argue, and he accepted (because he's only out for himself).

Phillip Marshall is not a very good example of "fair" journalism when it comes to anything AU related. I love his articles and read them a lot but he is the biggest Auburn homer out there and he, like myself and a lot of you all, would have defended Cam if he were caught talking war strategy with Bin Laden. And of course PF gives callers a lot of leeway to bash Auburn and cam.  He gives idiots like Iman and other buffoons plenty of leeway to bash the Tide and their players too. That's what gets his show rolling on a slow day, letting some fool who has nothing better to do call in and get all the other fools who have nothing better to do all worked up. Then, presto, the show gets entertaining again.  The key to listening to that show and not getting offended  by all the bull crap is to make sure you aren't a fool too.  And I don't care what anybody says, PF defended Cam and Auburn when nobody else that mattered would. Like him or hate him there is no denying that he has taken UA and even more so AU to a national audience that a great percentage of never even knew where the hell Auburn, AL was. That has helped  our school become closer to a national brand, a household name amongst football fans coast to coast than it has ever been.  Like Crimson Tide, Longhorns, Wolverines, Trojans, Sooners, and Fighting Irish are all national brands, Auburn is closer to that today than we have ever been. I know winning the BCS helped that more than anything, but it cannot be ignored how much national exposure the PF show has given Auburn so people need to stop hating on the guy. He is good for both schools and both should be thankful he is in our state. Like him or not he has made our state the new center of college football in the USA and that is good for everyone

Testify, it amazes me the number of people who cannot comprehend that not everyone is going to say good things about you all the time. They never hear the good things said, because they are so focused on the bad.

You know what people call the people who don't listen and respond to the enemies propaganda? Defeated.

Just because some people can't listen and put it in the proper prospective doesn't mean that other people can't.

For people who don't and won't listen to it, some sure do talk about him alot. Being mentally strong, and resolute means that we can withstand the things said about us without letting it affect our knowledge of ourselves.

The Bham News is a prime example. All you read here is that it is nothing but a bammer homer paper. In the old days , there was some validity to that. Is anybody aware that the turds are now trying to get all bammers to cancel subscriptions to the paper? They have been doing that since the Cam stuff started last year. Why? Because they say, the news isn't reporting the facts. No one seems to understand that they see it the same way, that it is an AU homer paper. Here is a hint, both can't be true.

tigerjeff, i dont listent to pf because i personally dont enjoy the springer-esque nature of his shows.  i dont find it entertaining or sports radio, so i cant really commit on that aspect of your post.  i for one have never really liked the idea that any publicity is good publicity ... which is basically what i read from the end of your post.  This isnt hollywood and the folks being talked about individually are not millionaire actors.  they are 18-22 year olds, preyed on by professional talking hacks, who have yet to prove anything (i will admit, before i stopped listening to pf for good, that he did defend cam on a number of occasions in late nov, early dec)

now the last thing.  Pmarsh is as objective a journalist as i have read locally in this state.  he has not been a homer when he simply points out that none of the mudslinging by others is based on facts.  that is not homer, its objective journalism.  the will come a point where something is going on in auburn and he will write an objective piece that auburn fans hate.  he may write friendly pieces about auburn folks, but they are always factual.  (some of his blog posts have opinion in them, but he states it as such)

There are two types of responses in the world. Emotional and rational. People who are rational will evoke an emotional response from you and then instantly return to rational action. At that point, if you continue with an emotional response, without adding rationality, you will without question, lose whatever point you are attempting to make.

I'm constantly amazed at how easily people will allow themselves to be manipulated and defend their own manipulation at the same time. Entertaining.

Tigerjeffm; I do not agree with you about Phillip Marshall, and your take on Paul F, i sure as heck do not agree with. Paul F. did not put Auburn on the map, and he has had more negative things to say about Auburn to the National Media in his history than anyone in the state. If you think he is good for Auburn, then i hate to see what you think is bad for Auburn.  

Tigerjeffm; I do not agree with you about Phillip Marshall, and your take on Paul F, i sure as heck do not agree with. Paul F. did not put Auburn on the map, and he has had more negative things to say about Auburn to the National Media in his history than anyone in the state. If you think he is good for Auburn, then i hate to see what you think is bad for Auburn.  

What I think is bad for Auburn is people who want sunshine pumped up their rear end about Auburn all the time

What I think is bad for Auburn is people who want sunshine pumped up their rear end about Auburn all the time

I just want the truth.

And, yes, I can handle the truth.....

And, while we're at it, I wish our media relations department would deny him credentials.

Me too. There's nothing that can be done about what he says on his show (outside of just not listening to the trash) but I'll be d@m#d if I would let him set up shop on the Auburn Campus and do a radio or TV broadcast. If he tries every Auburn fan there should pelt him with rotten tomatoes for the duration of the attempt.

I fail to see the entertainment value.

Me either. Never cared to listen to drunken semi-literate white trash argue. Guess that's why I never watched the Jerry Springer show either.

I have a suggestion that has nothing to do with slimebaum. How about if the next time bspn comes to Auburn for "Gameday" none of us show up. I mean, what if all Auburn fans just flat out stay away from where the stage is set up and where hey have the cameras.

I have a suggestion that has nothing to do with slimebaum. How about if the next time bspn comes to Auburn for "Gameday" none of us show up. I mean, what if all Auburn fans just flat out stay away from where the stage is set up and where hey have the cameras.

That would be great. It really would. I wish Auburn fans would be coldly polite but offer them no Southern hospitality. They do not deserve it

I don't want sunshine pumped up my rear all the time.  But, I sure am tired of having the "Proctologist of Negative PR for Auburn"  up there everyday. 

I don't want sunshine pumped up my rear all the time.  But, I sure am tired of having the "Proctologist of Negative PR for Auburn"  up there everyday. 

I will agree that is starting to irritate me "down there" as well buddy

:thumbsup:

Archived