F'bomb on Bama

Old School Tiger

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bammers will claim that FB is objective about UAT and refer to FB's calling for the ouster of Mike Shula.  In actuality, the powers at UAT wanted to get rid of Shula and enlisted FB's support to lead a fan revolt against Shula.  The Shula family is quite bitter about the whole way it was handled to this day.  I guess you could say that Mike Shula is no longer a bammer booster

bammers will claim that FB is objective about UAT and refer to FB's calling for the ouster of Mike Shula.   In actuality, the powers at UAT wanted to get rid of Shula and enlisted FB's support to lead a fan revolt against Shula.  The Shula family is quite bitter about the whole way it was handled to this day.   I guess you could say that Mike Shula is no longer a bammer booster

No boosters needed help in inciting the inmates.  Shula accomplished that on his own....and Tuberville nailed the lid shut on him !

WDE !!!

:zapbama:  :zapbama:  :zapbama:

If you are getting pissed off listening to finebaum you are taking it too seriously and listening for the wrong reason. Its for entertainment only

I fail to see the entertainment value.

If you are getting pissed off listening to finebaum you are taking it too seriously and listening for the wrong reason. Its for entertainment only

I fail to see the entertainment value.

Some people like to point and laugh. That's all.

Guys, I really don't buy into this Finebaum not having anything against Auburn bit. Let us not forget that when he thought no microphones were on, he likened Auburn to a Ponzi scheme.

I don't care if he hung Shula out to dry, I agree that was in accordance with what the powers that be in Tuscaloosa wanted. Believe it or not, Shula wasn't that bad of a coach. He carried Bama out of the probationary period, which is exactly what they wanted, and when he had a bad year after losing a great deal of talent off of a 10 win team in 05, they fired him. Without Finebaum spoon feeding the bammers that propaganda about him needing to be gone, there would have likely been a fair number who didn't want to see him go.

As it is, he rallied the troops around Shula's dismissal in order to give the BOT at Bama an unfettered opportunity to spend an enormous amount of money to bring in a "recruiting genius" as a cover for their less-than-exemplary recruiting methods (come on, does anybody really think all Julio, Ingram, etc did was go on fishing trips and sell the textbooks they got for free?).

If you think ruining your university;s reputation, their coaches, their hostess etc is entertainment you have serious

issues....He is under the REC propaganda and this is not entertainment to me...just my 2 cents....How many of you

could stand constant criticism on an daily basis?  After while you would get sick of it.  I hope his show is cancelled

and we can get someone who actually talks sports again.

Finebaum has no anti-AU agenda??!?!  Right.  That's why he will give wide berth to any and all AU bashing whether by the "experts" in one of his segments or by all his crazy callers.  But if anyone even begins to try to present something bad about bama or saban, PF will cut them off, belittle them, etc.  Yeah, he's got no agenda.  (sarcasm off)

Remember the little punk in high school that had a loud mouth but was too much of a pansy to back his mouth up? He would start fights between two or more people and then duck out before the punches were thrown? That is who fineburn is.

If you think ruining your university;s reputation, their coaches, their hostess etc is entertainment you have serious

issues....He is under the REC propaganda and this is not entertainment to me...just my 2 cents....How many of you

could stand constant criticism on an daily basis?  After while you would get sick of it.  I hope his show is cancelled

I may very well have serious issues, but finding humor in the idiots on both sides of the AU UA rivalry that call in that show is not one of them. I dont really care if Finebaum is the biggest Bama fan ever, he did defend Auburn when the Cam s#%+ first hit the fan when nobody else in the national media would. Auburn and Alabama both being very relevant nationally is the best thing that ever happened to his show and he knows it.  He isn't trying to bring either program down, no matter how many tin foil hats you wear or how many black helicopters you think you see.  his show is pretty damn funny to alot of people, especially ones who can keep the rivalry in perspective.  Now, dwelling on what the other team is doing more than on what your team is doing, praying and hoping that they will get in trouble instead of wanting your team to just be able to beat them no matter what you think or wish they are up to, that may be an issue you should address since so many of your posts are REC related.

I dont really care if Finebaum is the biggest Bama fan ever, he did defend Auburn when the Cam s#%+ first hit the fan when nobody else in the national media would.

Fbaum was enlisted to debate the Cam situation in defense of the Newtons in the national media.  ESPN told him the side they wanted him to argue, and he accepted (becasue he's only out for himself).

Since he is no longer on ESPN every day to discuss it, you're finally getting to see what his real position is on the matter.

I dont really care if Finebaum is the biggest Bama fan ever, he did defend Auburn when the Cam s#%+ first hit the fan when nobody else in the national media would.

Fbaum was enlisted to debate the Cam situation in defense of the Newtons in the national media.  ESPN told him the side they wanted him to argue, and he accepted (becasue he's only out for himself).

Since he is no longer on ESPN every day to discuss it, you're finally getting to see what his real position is on the matter.

I have to agree. We are seeing his true colors now. I believe that AU should deny press  privileges to PF and his whole staff for the Iron Bowl this year at JHS.

PF's defense of Cam was very tepid, and he still allowed callers a lot of leeway to slam Auburn and the Newton family. What he's doing now is not excusable just because he seemed to take Cam's side for a few weeks. It was a very backhanded defense, and was set up to benefit PF, not Auburn.

The only journalist who was fair to Auburn and the Newtons on a regular basis besides Phillip Marshall locally, was Jack Arute.

PF's defense of Cam was very tepid, and he still allowed callers a lot of leeway to slam Auburn and the Newton family. What he's doing now is not excusable just because he seemed to take Cam's side for a few weeks. It was a very backhanded defense, and was set up to benefit PF, not Auburn.

The only journalist who was fair to Auburn and the Newtons on a regular basis besides Phillip Marshall locally, was Jack Arute.

PF only supported CAM. He was careful about giving Auburn a pass during this whole matter. However, on several occasions he has said the matter between Cam, Auburn and the NCAA was over.

I may very well have serious issues, but finding humor in the idiots on both sides of the AU UA rivalry that call in that show is not one of them. I dont really care if Finebaum is the biggest Bama fan ever, he did defend Auburn when the Cam s#%+ first hit the fan when nobody else in the national media would. Auburn and Alabama both being very relevant nationally is the best thing that ever happened to his show and he knows it.  He isn't trying to bring either program down, no matter how many tin foil hats you wear or how many black helicopters you think you see.   his show is pretty damn funny to alot of people, especially ones who can keep the rivalry in perspective.   Now, dwelling on what the other team is doing more than on what your team is doing, praying and hoping that they will get in trouble instead of wanting your team to just be able to beat them no matter what you think or wish they are up to, that may be an issue you should address since so many of your posts are REC related.

I agree tigerjeff.  Some here lets our orange and blue glasses keep them from believing that anyone who beats us on a recruit did it with out cheating. Very few big programs have to outright cheat to get good players. Most have minor violations every now and then, but few cheat.  I wear orange and blue glasses also but I try to just see the facts, which by the way are seldom found on internet boards or blogs. 

Archived