F'bomb on Bama

Old School Tiger

He came close to losing it when a caller asked about the link between and new football operations guy. TO quote,"when Alabama does the do diligence a decision will be made on how the handle the problem. We would not want to fire and innocent person". And when asked about his prior shady dealings as head coach, Paul sh** his pants, and asked where is your proof, the guy quoted the wrong paper in California, Paul corrected and hung up. Not a word about Sheridan that I heard in the first hour. They must be screening the calls hard.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They've always been screening the calls. They only want point out their bias side. $limescum did when he was at that other station with Vickers.

He came close to losing it when a caller asked about the link between and new football operations guy. TO quote,"when Alabama does the do diligence a decision will be made on how the handle the problem. We would not want to fire and innocent person". And when asked about his prior shady dealings as head coach, Paul sh** his pants, and asked where is your proof, the guy quoted the wrong paper in California, Paul corrected and hung up. Not a word about Sheridan that I heard in the first hour. They must be screening the calls hard.

k.............keep us informed.

Don't be a thread filla, be a thread killa, come on now. ;)

It's Monday, so I'll take mercy on this one. ;D

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

I am ashamed to say that I heard that.  He was very rude to the caller.  Then the rest of the show that I listened to was more bammerganda.

:zapbama:

It's Monday, so I'll take mercy on this one. ;D

It's a wise decision, ;D Some of us are doing all we can. :cool:

Since when is proof necessary?  

Try calling and say "Row Tahd ,  I wanna tell Pawl he's the most poweful man in sports radio and the barn's a bunch of cheaters and he's my He-Row"  

They'll let you thru.

Say it with a mouth full of soda crackers and they'll think you're Darryl

Do your ears and brain a favor......DeJOXify .

Good AU football coming up at 4:00 pm CT every M-F.

4- 6pm CT, M-F               (Thanks for your help w/ this BirdofPrey)

SportsCall

http://sportscallauburn.com/listenlive.html

http://tunein.com/radio/WQSI-959-s23117/

Mobile Streaming: TuneIn app, Wunder Radio

93.9 WTGZ-FM in Auburn, AM 620 WTRP in LaGrange, Georgia

Host: Bill Cameron; Bryan Matthews is a regular guest on Monday.

Toll free: (888) 984-4379

Local: (334) 887-3401

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SportsCall/177078282305981?v=wall

WDE !!!

He is digging the hole that is a about six feet deep, the only reason that I listen, is at some point he will hag himself on national radio. I moved to B'ham a year ago, all I heard on the boards is F'bomb. While I can't stomach much, it is funny to see the walls crumbling around this SOB. His ego has gotten bigger in the last year as he thought there was blood in the water. I is easy to see what he no longer writes column for anyone. I learned a long time ago when you see a person who dish it out but can't take it, he is on his way down. RIP Paul.

WDE

I live in the Bham area and listen in occasionally.  If you take the show for what it's worth, it does provide some comedy relief.  There are times it makes my blood boil, so I either change staions or turn on the iPod.

But because he has proceeded to alienate all the Auburn family, my perfect scenario would be that when the pendulum swings back the other way (and it will a la suitgate, ex-Miami coaches, etc.), this is what you'll be able to hear on his show.....(cue the crickets).  That, or we can listen to the Gumps' feeding frenzy on each other.

WDE :wareagle:

He is digging the hole that is a about six feet deep, the only reason that I listen, is at some point he will hag himself on national radio. I moved to B'ham a year ago, all I heard on the boards is F'bomb. While I can't stomach much, it is funny to see the walls crumbling around this SOB. His ego has gotten bigger in the last year as he thought there was blood in the water. I is easy to see what he no longer writes column for anyone. I learned a long time ago when you see a person who dish it out but can't take it, he is on his way down. RIP Paul.

WDE

I don't like the guy, but I don't see finebaum going anywhere (unless it's up). He's too smart to slip up and has the support of the bama nation and many Auburn listeners like yourself. He also loves it when we start threads about him on our message boards. It means he has Auburn listeners, despite what he says about us.

People are quite capable of choosing what they listen to. If you want to listen, do , if you don't, don't. But again I say, it is never a wise idea to ignore the mouthpiece of your perceived enemy no matter how well intentioned you are. I first heard and instantly posted about Updyke, when I heard it there, I first heard from Slive and he said we did not have a tainted championship there.

There are interesting interviews on there occassionally and the rest is a Howard Stern show without the F word. If you are upset by it , you don't need to be listening to it, IT IS NOT REAL LIFE.

Just in case you haven't noticed , it is the radio equivalent of fan forums and message boards, in some instances.

It is what it is, if you don't know that, you don't really have the brain to filter the everyday info you need much less the media info you hear.

As has been stated: Paul knows where his bread is buttered. He doesn't hate Auburn. He loves money. Problem for Paul is that over the last year or so his usually trick of alternating his "bias" between Tuscaloser and Auburn has backfired, becuase fewer and fewer Auburn people are listening. So now he's got to go, um, All In with Alabama folks who I suspect now constitute 4/5 of his listeners. Before, Alabama may have been a clear majority but he had enough Auburn numbers to justify tweaking the Crimson Necks every now and then. No more. So, I say we drive that 4/5's estimate even higher. He wanted it this way. Let's give it to him.

And, while we're at it, I wish our media relations department would deny him credentials. Do you think the White House, under any administration, spends a briefing room seat on Jon Stewart or Stephen Colbert? I happen to love those guys. They are brilliant. But they are, by their own admission, entertainers, not journalists. Hasn't Paul said the same? Yep. Well, Paul, press credentials aren't for entertainers. They are for reporters and opinion journalists. You aren't either.

Archived