Sheridan to meet with NCAA

Ed_

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just about to post the same thing.

I would love to be a fly on the wall in that meeting.....or a bagman in the corner.

This could get interesting......

So what I'd like to ask Finebaum is why would the NCAA want to talk to Sheridan if they were where he allegedly got his info in the first place. 

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/08/ncaa_to_speak_to_danny_sherida.html

The NCAA already knows what he knows right???  His sources are from within the ncaa, sooooo........ :dunno:

That picture of him looks like he's about to utter that famous phrase:  "I guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue."

Yep and if he wouldn't give up the name because he feared reprisals against his source, why meet directly with his source's boss?

The ONLY things that the public will hear are:

1) Yes, the NCAA requested that I meet with them about information I have

2) No, I cannot talk about what the NCAA and I discussed

Bagman Sheridan has the perfect paper tiger, excuse the pun, to attempt to make AU's NC look illegitimate.  This continues his (and the REC) campaign to impugn AU.  He cannot "prove" the "bagman" because he will have been asked to not discuss their meeting.  On and on, around she goes, where she stops the Bagman knows.  

The bottom line, the UpDykes are having to deal with a real tiger on the field that they can't beat and so like children they make up stories about our team.

WDE !!!

:zapbama:   :zapbama:   :zapbama:

The only options are:

1. The NCAA does not have the info he has, and he has been lying the whole time

2. The NCAA wants to know who his source is

Even if it's #2, doesn't mean that there's anything to it or Auburn would already have been notified with an official letter. 

"I have no idea if the allegations against Auburn are true. I only know that what I reported was exactly what I was told." - Danny Sheridan

Thanks Danny.  That statement pretty much sums up why no one should care about what you are talking about.  There's a reason hearsay is inadmissible in court.

This is getting ridiculous.  Either DS is lying and trying to reclaim credibility or the NCAA has gone bonkers.  As some have said, if DS got his info from the NCAA, why would the NCAA want to talk to him?  By talking to him, the NCAA only helps create this type of publicity and rumor-mongering.  Sheridan is delighted to be the center of attention and now the NCAA is enabling him by pointing the spotlight at him. 

It's getting to the point that the NCAA is affecting the value of my diploma from Auburn.  I really feel the students and alumni of the school could sue if the NCAA doesn't have any evidence of wrongdoing yet keeps fostering an environment that allows the continual misinformation of libel and slander against Auburn.  This is surpassing athletics. 

This doesn't worry me at all...

he is repeating a lie as a part of a smear campaign...

AU = ok if this is all they have...

This is getting ridiculous.  Either DS is lying and trying to reclaim credibility or the NCAA has gone bonkers.  As some have said, if DS got his info from the NCAA, why would the NCAA want to talk to him?  By talking to him, the NCAA only helps create this type of publicity and rumor-mongering.  Sheridan is delighted to be the center of attention and now the NCAA is enabling him by pointing the spotlight at him. 

It's getting to the point that the NCAA is affecting the value of my diploma from Auburn.  I really feel the students and alumni of the school could sue if the NCAA doesn't have any evidence of wrongdoing yet keeps fostering an environment that allows the continual misinformation of libel and slander against Auburn.  This is surpassing athletics. 

I am no lawyer but that is an interesting point you brought up.  I wonder if there is something the school could do along those lines to help clear this mess up.  This is beyond ridiculous, no other school in the country is having to battle this type of smear campaign or negative recruiting.

I think it's going to take a school's President and AD to step up and have the stones to come out publicly and say, "We are clean." "And we are now sending a message to you, NCAA. Either produce solid evidence, or stop smearing our University's name." The NCAA needs to be publicly called out. The NCAA is a member institution and it's members need to demand transparency and stop being so afraid of this bunch. Have some stones guys.

I think it's going to take a school's President and AD to step up and have the stones to come out publicly and say, "We are clean." "And we are now sending a message to you, NCAA. Either produce solid evidence, or stop smearing our University's name." The NCAA needs to be publicly called out. The NCAA is a member institution and it's members need to demand transparency and stop being so afraid of this bunch. Have some stones guys.

Oh man, the world may be ending, I agree with weegs, :( :'( ;)

It would be a highly interesting turn of events if our President did that. Talk about a line in the sand. Would be good to see, but decorum won't allow for that to happen. I wish.

It would be a highly interesting turn of events if our President did that. Talk about a line in the sand. Would be good to see, but decorum won't allow for that to happen. I wish.

Come on over to the darkside TT.  ;D:laugh:

Right on.

TT only agrees with me. He loves and agrees with all my post ;D

Chizik already tried something similar -- unfortunately, the NCAA tried to look like a bully with the "we'll let you know when it's over" line.

Exactly, you can't allow a hack like DS and PF to leverage crap like this against a major university like Auburn. Someone at Auburn needs to bring the hammer down on them. 

if de is meeting with the NCAA then JLee should meet with them also.

Chizik already tried something similar -- unfortunately, the NCAA tried to look like a bully with the "we'll let you know when it's over" line.

Yes he did. I only wish CGC had asked that question in private...and not around a bunch of tattle tale gossiping coaches.

TT only agrees with me. He loves and agrees with all my post ;D

Who are you? J/K. You are actually in front of weegs. Not good. ;)

While I would love to see this happen, can you imagine what the media would do to Auburn if they publicly made a statement about that?

Archived