Sheridan to meet with NCAA

Ed_

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heck bird even she knows that :dunno: That's why she makes you cook all the time :-X

no, that's why I volunteer to cook all the time.  ;D

Doug Amos will be talking about this latest Bagman Sheridan spectacle.  DA is an UpDyke fan, but fair, very fair in his broadcasts.  A caller just called asking about when "the sanctions" against AU would start and he quickly dispelled that by saying two things: 1)  There are NO SANCTIONS (his emphasis) against Auburn; 2) when the investigation regarding the recruitment of Cam Newton there will be NOTHING FOUND (my emphasis).  

He beats down on Bagman Sheridan often.  He considers him despicable.

To listen:

Noon- 2 pm CT, M-F

Max RoundTable 

Note: Buffer on TuneIn on Android drops when using router or ATT.  Program streams great on computer from site.

http://sportsradio740.com/includes/news_items/4/news_items_more.php?id=18&section_id=4

740 am Montgomery area

Hosts: Doug Amos and Josh Moon

NEED PHONE #

Kevin Scarbinsky on Tuesdays at 12.30pm

Twitter: @KevinScarbinsky

Tom Luginbill on Wednesdays at 1pm

Twitter: @TomLuginbill

http://www.facebook.com/SportsRadio740Montgomery

IMO I believe they want to know what DS knows, wanting him to acknowledge who his source inside the NCAA. In other words, need some proof to go with that pudding. I think the NCAA called his bluff!

Heck bird even she knows that :dunno: That's why she makes you cook all the time :-X

no, that's why I volunteer to cook all the time.  ;D

Funny the things we tell ourselves to feel better :-\ :laugh:

I've got to sound tough when she's not around.

Yes indeedy.

I think the NCAA is upset about their name being used and their

employees labeled as his inside source of information.

Privately I expect them to tell him to STHU and publically, at best say

he has no source within their organization or probably, "we do not comment on ongoing investigations".

From my view they are

POed at us,  have no proof, and their egos have been manipulated by others.

They will probably let the 4 yr punishment by inaction period play out without a statement clearing AU.

Hope I am wrong, but as it is said, "You'll never go broke underestimating human nature."

So, if you don't have a thick skin or sense of humor @ the pettiness of others try to grow one.

Weegs, the problem with your post is that its not the NCAA smearing Auburn. It's the media doing the smear campaign. With that said, the NCAA could end it all by making a statement to the effect of 'we have concluded our investigation of Auburn's recruitment of Cam Newton and we have found nothing wrong.'. But, this is against their standard policy of not actually closing investigations until they have something or the time limitation is expired. So that won't happen. I would be very curious to know what the NCAA really thinks about the obvious smear campaign by the media. 

easy enough to find out if he has an informant -- check phone logs and see if his number comes up. check text and see if danny S comes up. then you got your informant. He has used this guy/or friend fo r25 years. WHO has worked for the ncaa for 25 years. Can't be many.

to me its all BS, and for NCAA to call Danny s. for information, brings the NCAA to a new time LOW. All their noble ideas and ideals, gone.

How sad for the great sport of football and college sports.

a4e, As I'm sure you are aware about Emmert's recent public statements, those imply to me that he's careless or inept.  Probably both.  Emmert has not been professional in his approach and should be showing protection of AU with the statement of facts as allowed, ie. what the procedures are for the NCAA in such situations because he is now allowing Bagman Sheridan to characterize the NCAA as unscrupulous in that a staff member would be compromising their investigations by making public their work, and done through an "oddsmaker".

Emmert is on the stupid side of this issue now......and Bagman Sheridan is making $$$$ at his expense.

WDE !!!

ET, you are correct in that Emmert is doing northing to slow down the smearing by the media. The way he made the statement gives DS credibility. But, that is not what Emmert meant to do. My feeling is he wants to meet with DS to find out what he thinks he knows. Then Emmert will know if DS actually has a source in the NCAA. Either way, I think DS will get the STHU speech. 

If the NCAA ever tries to put us on probation because of Cam,they will be admitting that DS is right and that do have a leak.

IMO,ol Danny boy may have helped us :laugh:

Im sure we got Cam the right way,but if the NCAA sniffs around long enough...that aint good.

From my view they are

They will probably let the 4 yr punishment by inaction period play out without a statement clearing AU.

I've heard that the NCAA is PO'ed @ AU from several sources...

Why???? So far I haven't gotten an answer that makes sense...

I agree that the smear campaign has put us in a bad light, but so what???

How is it that the NCAA is maliciously after AU, an all-time top-15 program???

STHU should be the start...and I know you agree.  Yep, Emmert is on a fact-finding mission w/ Bagman Sheridan and when he verifies that Bagman Sheridan knows nothing he must address this matter publicly or he will continue to look foolish, not just in the eyes of the public, but also now in the media.  

AU needs to step up and remind the public that no Notice of Inquiry from the NCAA has been received because otherwise the cloud of speculation only continues to be fueled by the UpDykes.  AU should actually be grabbing the bull by the horns and create some sort of timeline of events with general explanation to the public about how these events unfold and where AU currently stands....with the emphasis that no NOI has been rec'd.  Then again, I don't know the downside of such.

WDE !!!

From my view they are

I've heard that the NCAA is PO'ed @ AU from several sources...

Why???? So far I haven't gotten an answer that makes sense...

I agree that the smear campaign has put us in a bad light, but so what???

How is it that the NCAA is maliciously after AU, an all-time top-15 program???

I don't think the NCAA is Po'ed at Auburn.  I do think they worry about what the media is thinking -- and after they declared Newton eligible, there was a firestorm.  Now they play their cards close to their vest. Meanwhile, Auburn swings in the wind.  I'm still not convinced the NCAA is really meeting with Sheridan.  I think it's BS, until when and if NCAA confirms that it met with him.

I just got this new information that I need to share with all of you. It is the transcript of Sheridan's meeting with the NCAA.

NCAA- So what do you know? :)

DS- Nothing. :dunno:

NCAA- You are an idiot! >:(

DS- Yes sir. :-[

Archived