Channing Ward

PA Tiger

Can anybody put a percentage on Channing?  :wedance:

No percentage needed. Miss State was our biggest threat for him. He had an OV scheduled with them on January 13th. Commiting at the UAAA game likely means he will cancel that visit and not pick the dogs.  ;) ;)

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you know something about trey williAms or just guessing he will switch

I don't know anything other than Trey was very high on AU, the coaches backed off of him because of TJ, and Trey wasn't too happy that Sherman got fired. He is rethinking his committment to TAMU. Maybe the perfect storm!

I'm not trying to be negative in any way, but when will we ever learn that commitments don't mean a thing?  Everyone wants to know for whom we "lead" and from whom are we going to get commitments. By now we should all have learned to just wait until signing day, and not to even get excited when a player announces, "I'm going to the University of Auburn!" (CK)  When the SIGNED LOI is in the coach's hands, then we can feel confident, and not a moment before. I've resigned myself to the fact that from now until National Signing Day, pretty much nothing matters. Recruits change their minds, they lie, they get sequestered, they get shuttled off before they can sign the LOI, and the drama continues. It's getting to be like a soap opera and I wonder how many different twists and turns the recruiting process can take.

I'm not trying to be negative in any way, but when will we ever learn that commitments don't mean a thing?  Everyone wants to know for whom we "lead" and from whom are we going to get commitments. By now we should all have learned to just wait until signing day, and not to even get excited when a player announces, "I'm going to the University of Auburn!" (CK)  When the SIGNED LOI is in the coach's hands, then we can feel confident, and not a moment before. I've resigned myself to the fact that from now until National Signing Day, pretty much nothing matters. Recruits change their minds, they lie, they get sequestered, they get shuttled off before they can sign the LOI, and the drama continues. It's getting to be like a soap opera and I wonder how many different twists and turns the recruiting process can take.

Yes those things happen but they are not the norm. So with all due respect please do not spread the negativity to those of us who love recruiting and get excited for commitments. Yes things can change but that does not mean we should not be excited when players commit to AU.

You right about that man!

Yes those things happen but they are not the norm. So with all due respect please do not spread the negativity to those of us who love recruiting and get excited for commitments. Yes things can change but that does not mean we should not be excited when players commit to AU.

I learned long ago that when I get excited about "commitments" and count my chickens before they hatch, it just hurts even more when they flip.  I'm not trying to be negative, but to each their own.  It's just a different way to look at things. I don't get overly excited about a two game lead in fantasy football with four games to go, I like to wait until I have the title clinched before I celebrate!

You are right, and when we have both OC & DC jobs still to be filled, that poses more twists & turns for our recruiting.  A recruit wants to know what kind of system he'll be playing in and who his position coach will be.

I understand the thoughts posted on this page but I wish it was posted in a different thread than one where a kid is going to commit to Auburn in 2 weeks. I would prefer to focus on the bright side of things.

I understand the thoughts posted on this page but I wish it was posted in a different thread than one where a kid is going to commit to Auburn in 2 weeks. I would prefer to focus on the bright side of things.

sorry couldn't help myself

I would be surprised he chooses Bama since he has not visited them and will not do so til January 20th but just said he will make a commitment at his all star game.

No, what will probably happen is he will commit to us during the All-Star Game. Then come Jan. 20th, take his offical visit to Bama since he had already made the commitment to do so. Then two days before national signing day, he will come up missing. Finally, a fax of his NLOI will come across Bama's fax machines on signing day.

No, what will probably happen is he will commit to us during the All-Star Game. Then come Jan. 20th, take his offical visit to Bama since he had already made the commitment to do so. Then two days before national signing day, he will come up missing. Finally, a fax of his NLOI will come across Bama's fax machines on signing day.

:laugh:

The Miss State scout board seems to think they don't have a shot and that it's between Ole Miss and bama. No mention of AU even being in th hunt for Ward.

The Miss State scout board seems to think they don't have a shot and that it's between Ole Miss and bama. No mention of AU even being in th hunt for Ward.

I can not confirm this but I am hearing Bama pulled a big coup at the Al-Miss All Star game by Jaboo, TJ, Ward, and the LBs committed to Bama that played in that game all deciding to play together inj college. We will know when Ward commits at the UA game. If he picks Bama look for Jaboo to do the same in mid February.

I would be surprised he chooses Bama since he has not visited them and will not do so til January 20th but just said he will make a commitment at his all star game.

And, Jordan Jenkins is all but committed to them as well.  They only have a few spots left.  I doubt they take both Ward and Jenkins. 

Frankly, I don't think we will have a recruiting class this year. There will be no more commitments, and the commits we have up to now will all sign with others on NSD. The apocalyse has begun and is gaining momentum! :(

That would make sense, except for Channing played for the OTHER side.  Don't know how much bonding time he got with the Alabama team.....

That would make sense, except for Channing played for the OTHER side.  Don't know how much bonding time he got with the Alabama team.....

The bammers making up the rumor probably don't realize that.

Archived