Channing Ward

PA Tiger

my concern with this class..Not DT's, i think we are good..Its DE's and LB's..i see no play on..CB's LOL!! safeties..no problem there

DE's isnt really a concern. We are stacked at that position with young players.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my concern with this class..Not DT's, i think we are good..Its DE's and LB's..i see no play on..CB's LOL!! safeties..no problem there

Patience, grasshopper!

we are in great shape with channing ward. He is giving us a OV and his mom loves auburn and trooper taylor from what i have heard. We all know what type of influence a mother can have on hear boy. There is a pretty good chance we get this one in the end IMO

we would take channing ward and quay evans I am sure,they are high on the board and jenkins and goldman are longshots at the moment. neither Jenkins or Goldman have us as there leader. We will take probably anyone near the top of our board unless we are pretty sure about a top tier recruit.

I think Ward would give us great flexibility at DE to come off the edge...and as for Quay Evans, I think we would gladly take him if we miss on Goldman and Jenkins, and if Shanks sticks with F$U. But we would need to get on Evans hard to let him know he could have a spot.

I didn't know Auburn was a serious player for Quay Evans.

He's down the list from what I've seen....after Goldman, tryin to switch Shanks, and one or 2 others.

• 3 weeks later...

Mark Murphy says he is getting a lot of local pressure to stay in-state. He doesn't seem to think we get him.  >:(

I'm torn....LB7 says we've led for him for a while (and LB7 is usually spot on) and i know that he talks to our coaches sometimes once but almost always twice per week.

BUT there is a ton of in-state pressure on him, so that will make it tough.

For what it is worth, ESPN recruiting nation does not even mention auburn when talking about CW.  They said last night that it was down to ole miss, miss st, or ala.  I hope someone in this thread has a very good source that really knows about the situation?????

• 1 month later...

Apparently Channing can play corner too.

Quote from ESPN "You know you have something special when you can ask your massive All-American ESPNU 150 defensive end Channing Ward to play cornerback and shut down the opponent's top receiver. "

For what it is worth, ESPN recruiting nation does not even mention auburn when talking about CW.  They said last night that it was down to ole miss, miss st, or ala.  I hope someone in this thread has a very good source that really knows about the situation?????

they're HORRIBLY out of touch on ESPNU. DO NOT take anything they say seriously. Regional guys have far less insight than local "team" coverage people. LSU is the biggest threat for Channing Ward right now outside of the state of Miss.

• 1 month later...

Read this also

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FWIW the Mississippi State boards are thinking Channing Ward is favoring Auburn

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rumor has it that Dan Mullen may take the Penn State job and if that is true a lot of players will be rethinking Miss St. Unless Ole Miss and Miss St can find a big name coach and soon (assuming mullen leaves), it is hard to believe either one will be able to get the excitement to keep players they don't have relationships with

Miss st fans seem to think hes AU to lose.

He is, right now....a lot will depend on who Ole Miss hires, if Mullen stays and if Mullen leaves, who Miss. St. hires.

I can't overstate this, his mother LOVES Trooper. They love the rest of the staff too, but Trooper has done an incredible job sticking with Channing.

Miss st fans seem to think hes AU to lose.

He is. The other teams he is high on may not have a spot for him in the end.

Archived