Channing Ward

PA Tiger

Recruitment: Ward recently visited Auburn and it looks like the Tigers are in a good position with his recruitment (it’s not a bad sign that he’s been wearing an Auburn hand-towel all week). However the in-state program of Mississippi State remains a major factor and LSU is also lurking.

the way these kids throw out misleading information, tweets, quotes, facebook messages and the like ... i am not sure him wearing an AU towel is really good or really bad.  I dont think you can read anything into that stuff any more, with one exception ... kids who are committed and sport that same colleges garb, are sending a reinforcing message.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Recruitment: Ward recently visited Auburn and it looks like the Tigers are in a good position with his recruitment (it’s not a bad sign that he’s been wearing an Auburn hand-towel all week). However the in-state program of Mississippi State remains a major factor and LSU is also lurking.

the way these kids throw out misleading information, tweets, quotes, facebook messages and the like ... i am not sure him wearing an AU towel is really good or really bad.  I dont think you can read anything into that stuff any more, with one exception ... kids who are committed and sport that same colleges garb, are sending a reinforcing message.

Like you said, it really means nothing. With the ways these kids work, and how some of them really try to make a show out of recruitment, you can't really tell what their decision will be until they've signed.

FWIW LSU is down to jus four slots, and they have at least six great prospects for those slots.

LSU did not sign a full class of 25 in 2011. They have more than 4 open spots.

I know it is not a strong indicator, but I would rather have an Auburn towel than no towel. Ask Trooper Taylor I bet he agrees.  :P

Huh?!! An Auburn towel is better than any towel!

FWIW LSU is down to jus four slots, and they have at least six great prospects for those slots.

Won't matter.....I've heard from SEVERAL people now, even bammers, that have confirmed he will likely not be swayed away from us. I am not saying he's given us a verbal yet, but I do think he's told our staff (Trooper) that as of now he's coming. The challenge will be keeping him after his OVs.

Won't matter.....I've heard from SEVERAL people now, even bammers, that have confirmed he will likely not be swayed away from us. I am not saying he's given us a verbal yet, but I do think he's told our staff (Trooper) that as of now he's coming. The challenge will be keeping him after his OVs.

That's amazing news. Thanks for your insight!

Awesome stuff KK  :tdau: But do not take this the wrong way. The posts wardon and I had were about LSU's numbers and the overall prospects on their board, not Ward specifically.

I may be wrong but I think their problem is much more the 85 limit than the 25. I've heard they plan on only bringing in 24.

I may be wrong but I think their problem is much more the 85 limit than the 25. I've heard they plan on only bringing in 24.

Here is one that will blow you guys away. The Gators plan to sign 32-34 this season.

He does visit MSU, UAT, & OM in Jan- Is Mullen gonna stay?

It does not matter. MSU fans are being delusional about Ward and Liggins. Ward's official to Bama will probably be just for fun for him because they will not have room to take him when they get Jenkins and McCullers.

It does not matter. MSU fans are being delusional about Ward and Liggins. Ward's official to Bama will probably be just for fun for him because they will not have room to take him when they get Jenkins and McCullers.

So you are saying he would go to uat if they had room?

So you are saying he would go to uat if they had room?

No. When I say a team does not have room it just eliminates them from contension. Who teams get sometimes depends on who other teams get. Especially more so because of the 25 limit. Ward would still choose AU even if Bama had room. But Bama simply won't have room.

Bama can sign up to 28 this year. The 85 limit means nothing to saban and he will cut 10-12 as he does ever year after spring tryouts.

I know. I was not limiting them to 25. When they get Jenkins and McCullers they are done on the D Line and LB except for trying to get Goldman. With the first 2 I mention that gives them 24. They would then have 9 guys they are seriously looking at for 4 spots.

Bama can sign up to 28 this year. The 85 limit means nothing to saban and he will cut 10-12 as he does ever year after spring tryouts.

I know. I was not limiting them to 25. When they get Jenkins and McCullers they are done on the D Line and LB except for trying to get Goldman. With the first 2 I mention that gives them 24. They would then have 9 guys they are seriously looking at for 4 spots.

UAT will try to bring in an additional CB in this class-

Yes and their #1 choice is Landon Collins. They may get him to since his GF just got admitted to UAT.

Yes and their #1 choice is Landon Collins. They may get him to since his GF just got admitted to UAT.

They were making a big deal about his gf during the SECCG possibly swaying him to gumpland.

Archived