Channing Ward

PA Tiger

Sorry if mentioned before , but is Ward playing in the Under Armor game?

Yes. He is on the same team with the 3 monster D Linemen committed to FSU. I would not want to be the O Line for the other team. Here is a breakdown of the rosters by position.

http://sports.espn.go.com/college-football/recruiting/feature/index?page=underarmourgame2012

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Explain to me again how UAT can sign 28 this year and Florida 32 to 34 when the SEC this year instituted an absolute 25 recruit limit. I may have missed something, else it got lost in the translation.

Explain to me again how UAT can sign 28 this year and Florida 32 to 34 when the SEC this year instituted an absolute 25 recruit limit. I may have missed something, else it got lost in the translation.

Some of the same loop holes that were in the old rule still exist in the new rule. Bama signed 23 last year then minus 1 for Aaron Douglass's tragic death =22. I finally found something concrete that players can be slotted in a previous class if there is room.

4)  Reduced the permissible number of signees from 28 to 25 and moves back the start date for the window for counting date back to Dec. 1. Allow signees to be exempt from the 25 limit if they can be counted as an initial counter in the current year.

http://blogs.ajc.com/uga-sports-blog/2011/06/03/sec-presidents-vote-to-cap-football-scholarships-at-25-per-year/

This is Florida's case from an article I posted in a different thread...

quote:

The magic numbers are 32-34. That’s the amount of recruits Florida coach Will Muschamp said he will be able to sign in the 2012 class.

Our numbers are down,” Muschamp said on his radio show last week. “With the new SEC rule, you can sign 25 National Letters in February. But as long as you can sign players back to the previous year, which is what we’ll be able to do with some of the high school graduates that are coming in January (early enrollees), we can add anywhere from seven to nine players.”

If Muschamp wants to, he can add more than that.

UF signed 19 recruits last year, but seven of them enrolled early and were counted toward the 2010 class. That leaves the Gators will only 12 players counting for 2011, meaning they could sign up to 38 prospects in February if they have 13 early enrollees (highly unlikely) to count back toward last year.

Florida already has seven of its 17 commitments planning to enroll in the spring, and Muschamp talked about why some recruits choose to get a head start in college.

“I think more than anything the young man has to be all in,” he said. “It’s hard because some of the best times you have is in the spring of your senior year. But a lot of guys are a little bit more mature and they want to come in early. It does help to go through spring practice.”

Despite the possibility of 38 signees, the Gators only have room for 28 right now following the transfers of Josh Shaw and Lynden Trail.

There are currently 67 scholarship players on the roster and 10 seniors will be gone in December, putting UF at 57 players for next season (28 short of the NCAA limit of 85). However, more guys are expected to leave and each one that does will open up another scholarship.

Here is the source.

Not too many AU commits on that roster. I was hoping to see more.

Well of our 16 commitments only 5 are from Alabama. That means only 30% of the class are instate kids. That may very well be the lowest ratio of in state kids Auburn has ever had. Winning the BCS title has opened doots for AU all accross the nation. Also Javy was hurt and would not have been able to play so don't worry too much about only having 2 players in the game.

Much to the Dismay and shock to the West Side Pups, AKA Miss. State, I would be surprised if Ward is not a Tiger on February 1.

Interesting read, Ellitor, but for schools significantly below the 85 scholarship, i.e. Auburn, this seems a bit unfair, and I'm afarid it's a hole big enough to drive a Mack truck through. Especially if the reason they could only sign 22 the previous year is because they were bumping up against the 85 scholarship limit. Just my humble opinion.

Interesting read, Ellitor, but for schools significantly below the 85 scholarship, i.e. Auburn, this seems a bit unfair, and I'm afarid it's a hole big enough to drive a Mack truck through. Especially if the reason they could only sign 22 the previous year is because they were bumping up against the 85 scholarship limit. Just my humble opinion.

They have processed more players as usual. They also have a big senior class plus will lose 5-7 Juniors to the NFL. So bringing in 28 will still have them at or under 85.

Ward, Kwon, and Goldman are the top 3 targets left for the Defense. If we get all 3, maybe some of these Debbie Downers will quit crying.

Add Bush to this list and you are correct. There is not one any higher than the other. Bush and Holsey are as good as any DB in this class. If you add those two, the defensive back field will be extremely talented and should allow a big help to the front 7.

On a side note, does Holsey's mom still post on here?

Auburn undercover just put a link out about him having his announcement soon , but it doesn't say when. Does anyone know what date it will be? i feel really good about this guy! :tdau:

In the article it says Ward is announcing at the UAAA game on January 5th. We could get 2 from that game...Ward and Bush.

Auburn undercover just put a link out about him having his announcement soon , but it doesn't say when. Does anyone know what date it will be? i feel really good about this guy! :tdau:

In the article it says Ward is announcing at the UAAA game on January 5th. We could get 2 from that game...Ward and Bush.

And Trey Williams...  ;)

And Trey Williams...  ;)

Have not heard Trey Williams was announcing at that game since he is committed to TAMU now.

And Trey Williams...  ;)

Have not heard Trey Williams was announcing at that game since he is committed to TAMU now.

He is "at the moment" committed to TAMU...  ;)

And Trey Williams...  ;)

True but even still, he is not on Auburn's radar yet. We will know more after jthaub's next update. Even if Trey were to flip to AU it would be after the all star game because Trey can not take an OV to Auburn til after that game.

And Trey Williams...  ;)

True but even still, he is not on Auburn's radar yet. We will know more after jthaub's next update. Even if Trey were to flip to AU it would be after the all star game because Trey can not take an OV to Auburn til after that game.

Trey has already been to AU on more than 1 occassion. I don't think he would need another visit.

Archived