That sure is A LOT of INK

Tbonic Tiger

Just how much does having both arms covered in a huge tat cost these days? Anybody know?

I'd bet anything he got the sharpie pen discount. ;)

I'm no expert, but just from what I can see there I'd say it'd cost at least 2 grand at most shops

He used his Pell Grant money for all those tats, wait he used his Pell Grant money for all those suits, wait he used all his Pell Grant money for his car payments.

TR should get a job with a Fortune 500 Co. after he graduates, he has some mad financial and budgeting skills.

Since the quality isn't really all that good in terms of detail, I suspect this was probably done by someone "practicing." A lot of times artists coming up will offer tattoos for the cost of supplies just so they can get the practice and hours in. If he paid for those, he lost out.

You could ask the same about several players for AU so I think this one could go both ways

yeah no kidding. I could care less who paid for Trent Richardson's tats anyway. He is however, the ultimate specimen. Kids a beast.

You could ask the same about several players for AU so I think this one could go both ways

yeah no kidding. I could care less who paid for Trent Richardson's tats anyway. He is however, the ultimate specimen. Kids a beast.

You ain't kidding....I remember watching a game last year where BSPN said he could bench 400+lbs and squats over 600lbs. He's in beast mode until he plays you know who....Well I take that back, has he rushed for 1000yds yet? Beast in the weight room, but just another running back on the football field.

You ain't kidding....I remember watching a game last year where BSPN said he could bench 400+lbs and squats over 600lbs. He's in beast mode until he plays you know who....Well I take that back, has he rushed for 1000yds yet? Beast in the weight room, but just another running back on the football field.

If I had anything to bet you, I'd bet you that he reaches 1000 yards with ease this season. I understand the Auburn bias, but he is not just another running back on the football field. That's just absurd.

If I had anything to bet you, I'd bet you that he reaches 1000 yards with ease this season. I understand the Auburn bias, but he is not just another running back on the football field. That's just absurd.

I don't think that he was questioning his potential, but just stating the fact that he hasn't achieved that mark in his first two seasons for whatever reason.  While in comparison, guys like Mike Dyer and Marcus Lattimore (sp?) were able to accomplish it as freshmen.  I will say that I'd be very surprised if he didn't have well over 1,000 yards this season, but I wouldn't trade Dyer for him.

I don't think that he was questioning his potential, but just stating the fact that he hasn't achieved that mark in his first two seasons for whatever reason.  While in comparison, guys like Mike Dyer and Marcus Lattimore (sp?) were able to accomplish it as freshmen.  I will say that I'd be very surprised if he didn't have well over 1,000 yards this season, but I wouldn't trade Dyer for him.

So you're just another back until you rush for 1000 yards? Both of those backs were starters and both had considerably more carries than Richardson. Lattimore almost rushed the ball 250 times...and Richardson averaged 6.5 yards per carry, which is better than both Dyer and Lattimore. And I'm not trying to make this a who's better than who, or who I'd rather have on my team argument, I'm just saying give the kid his due respect. Do you think that Ted Roof or Gene Chizik think that he's just another back? Do you think they prepare for him based on his potential? We've all seen enough of him to respect him for the player he already is.

So you're just another back until you rush for 1000 yards? Both of those backs were starters and both had considerably more carries than Richardson. Lattimore almost rushed the ball 250 times...and Richardson averaged 6.5 yards per carry, which is better than both Dyer and Lattimore. And I'm not trying to make this a who's better than who, or who I'd rather have on my team argument, I'm just saying give the kid his due respect. Do you think that Ted Roof or Gene Chizik think that he's just another back? Do you think they prepare for him based on his potential? We've all seen enough of him to respect him for the player he already is.

I just can't jump on this "bandwagon" until I see him do something when he's in the spotlight.\! In every article I read about the "best" backs in the SEC and in the Nation, Richardson is always, always, always in the top 3. It's disgusting to think that being a backup for Bama entitles you to more recognition than Dyer and O-Mac both of whom had more yards than Richardson last year.

Until he can prove to me that he's more than just Ingram's back-up he will always be ranked lower than O-Mac, Dyer, Davis, and Lattimore. I expect him to have a decent year this year but I also expect him to be banged up pretty early in the season. He has pretty much noone backing him up this year and we all saw what happens to a person who carries the ball a lot. Just look at Lattimore at the end of the season.

Not to bust anyone's bubble,

But Omac's avg was 8.1 yards per carry, he carried the ball 17 less times than TR and rushed for 89 more yards.

I would be willing to bet Omac can't bench 400+ lbs. Sure it makes for good pictures, but what does it really translate to on the field?

Amen to that JBro!  :thumbsup: And of course TR will be a 1000 yard rusher, when you don't have a QB that can throw a 10 yard out pattern, you better have a strong RB that can put 100+ players on his back and carry the team.

I'm interested to see if Richardson has what I like to call Marion Barber syndrome (also known as second banana syndrome).  What I mean by that is will he collapse when he's the number one guy or can he continue to produce.  Barber was a great running back for the Cowboys when he wasn't the primary back.  Then when he was named the primary back...well... 

The same can be said about all of Alabama's receivers.  None of them have had to be THE receiver for a college team yet.  The only time they have had to produce as the primary target was the second half of the Iron Bowl, and they failed miserably.

I'm interested to see if Richardson has what I like to call Marion Barber syndrome (also known as second banana syndrome).  What I mean by that is will he collapse when he's the number one guy or can he continue to produce.  Barber was a great running back for the Cowboys when he wasn't the primary back.  Then when he was named the primary back...well... 

The same can be said about all of Alabama's receivers.  None of them have had to be THE receiver for a college team yet.  The only time they have had to produce as the primary target was the second half of the Iron Bowl, and they failed miserably.

I agree with you.  There's a difference between coming in against 2nd and 3rd string players or after the #1 back has worn a defense down, and being the every-down back.  Not saying he can't do it, but I AM saying he hasn't done it yet.

I'm literally laughing out loud at everyone here's responses. Have none of you seen TR play football? Am I missing something here? What bandwagon do you speak of? I think he rushed for 144 yards against Penn State, as a starting running back. Does this not qualify as the spotlight?

And, what OMac did, to me is completely irrelevant. I think he's more unproven as a running back (not a runner, there is a distinction) than Richardson.  Yes, I did just say that. Why? Because OMac doesn't run between the tackles! Will he this season? I guess we've been hearing that he's been working on it, and I would love to see him do it, but the truth is I don't think we'll see him do much of it this year either. I said this a few months ago, and everyone around here just about lost their minds, but as far as running backs go, I refuse to include OMac in this discussion.

Either way, this is getting so far away from my initial point, which is that TR is not just another back.

Also, I'll go ahead and say this because many of you will misinterpret my defense of TR as either favor for Alabama or lack of support for Auburn. It is neither. I love Auburn football. Second, I am a fan of College Football, and I am a thinking person with opinions. From every bit of football that I've seen Richardson play, I cannot justify saying that he is just "another" back.

All I'm saying is that I hope he is ready to carry this team on his back. No doubt the guy is good.

I think at times this season they will require him to put their offense on his back, but their defense should be very, very good. And unlike the past three seasons, Alabama will have a quarterback, or quarterbacks who can stretch the field vertically, which will probably make Richardson's job a little easier.

Obviously Omac and TR are different styles of backs, I don't agree that Omac is less proven. Omac just didn't have all the pre-hype that TR did.

Its not a game of out powering you, its a game of out scoring you.

And I will take Omac any day in our system over TR. He happens to have more yards per carry than TR in 09 & 10

I would also take Dyer over Richardson as well.

Penn St also gave up an avg of 352 yrds per game on the ground.

:we:

I think TR sux......McCarron sux..... and the entire turd nation sux.......but, of course, those are just my opinions.

Archived