ZP and KF

cason

just had the realization that we will see both of these guys on the field at the same time in the coming years.

when you have players like ZP and KF you find ways to get them in the game, talent like that should never sit on the bench.

can you imagine the plays CGM is going to be able to draw up?  the opposing D will have to account for two qbs both with rocket arms and good running ability.  KF as a wideout or ZP as a tight end every once in a while would really give opposing defensive coordinators nightmares.

this years expectations are tempered and perhaps rightfully so.  we have a very young team with very few starters returning.  while we are a young team, we are exceptionally talented and will only get better as the year goes on. 

MSU game will be a real head knocker.  we owe them some payback for some "off the field" issues.  Clemson game will be tough too.  They feel they should have won last year and we got lucky.  I'm sure that will be a night game and Clemson plays two cupcakes the preceding weeks.  Dabo will have them ready to play.  I wonder if saban taught dabo how to read our signals...  but if we can get past MSU and Clemson look out!

War Eagle!!!!

cant wait for Saturday.

Clemson game will be tough too.  They feel they should have won last year and we got lucky.  I'm sure that will be a night game and Clemson plays two cupcakes the preceding weeks. 

The only problem is that the AU/cu game is 11am CST. Unfortunately, it's not a night game as I will be headed back home from Disney World that morning, and trying to listen to it on the radio.

its probably better for us that it is an early kickoff.  i want "death valley" (lol) to be nice and quiet...

I could see CGM using pike like he used Neil Caudle a few times. He threw Caudle out on the edge, the QB (I believe was Todd) would sling it out there to him, and he would then throw a pass down field. The difference being that Pike might actually take off and run with that bad boy.

So yeah, I could see CGM drawing up some plays with both on the field.

Would Pike possibly redshirt his first year?

Count on it.

Unless something catastrophic happens, I couldn't imagine Zeke burning a year of eligibility on a couple of gimmick plays- and with 3 other scholly QB's on the roster to boot. This is a perfect redshirt scenario IMO. I think this one is pretty obvious folks. WDE.

I think this is a perfect scenario if it works out. Because with Trotter being a junior, it's possible he will start for two years, Frazier will start as a junior(that's saying he doesn't start as a sophomore), that would put Pike starting as a redshirt junior. If we keep recruiting good QBs, it would work out to have the QBs keep starting as juniors in a perfect world.

Something else to consider about Trotter is he has already graduated.  If he has a mediocre season or somehow loses a starting position he may not return for his senior season. 

That's not going to happen.

I got too much faith in the CGM system to think that Trotter is going to struggle.

I think frazier plays some this year and pike gets a rs next year. This creates two years between the two. Also its irrational to expect malzahn. To stay many more seasons.

I think frazier plays some this year and pike gets a rs next year. This creates two years between the two. Also its irrational to expect malzahn. To stay many more seasons.

I didn't want to say it, but you're right...I still think we have at least a fair shot at keeping him around for 2012, though, if for no other reason than his daughter being a senior, but :dunno:

I got too much faith in the CGM system to think that Trotter is going to struggle.

So...if he does struggle, will you lose faith in the Malzahn system? I don't think he will, or at least I think he will be successful a fair amount more than he struggles, but let us not forget that we play in the SEC, where the best defensive minds in the business have resided for decades. It's not out of the realm of possibilities that they might find a flaw in Trotter's game, or even in Malzahn's system, and make Barrett look bad for a game or two, and we need to be sure we remain supportive while Gus adapts (which is what he does best), if indeed those struggles do come.

I'm def excited about this season regardless of what may happen, and im very eager to see our future Saturday in JHS. Would love to get to see Kiehl take some snaps if we get up big on USU.

However, as far as Clemson's "cupcakes" go, they do play Troy this weekend....HUGE potential for an upset IMO.

Frazier will have a huge upper hand with the playbook knowledge and will play in 2011. The will have the advantage, Pike IMO would redshirt, but I heard there is no ceiling for his potential level.

May the best man win.

if trotter struggles it will be his own fault, not the system. the system is proven. trotter still has some proving to do. i honestly dont see him struggling, but im not worried. :wareagle:

!!

So...if he does struggle, will you lose faith in the Malzahn system? I don't think he will, or at least I think he will be successful a fair amount more than he struggles, but let us not forget that we play in the SEC, where the best defensive minds in the business have resided for decades. It's not out of the realm of possibilities that they might find a flaw in Trotter's game, or even in Malzahn's system, and make Barrett look bad for a game or two, and we need to be sure we remain supportive while Gus adapts (which is what he does best), if indeed those struggles do come.

I'm ALL In Baby!!!

Archived