The Stan and Eli Show on 97.3FM

Weegle777

Eli just screwed the entire updyke nation up when he used the term "pugilism". Commodore 64's just melted down across Alabama trying to find out what that word means.  :laugh:

"Hey baby, where's at webster book?"

I think I just felt the earth shake from all the google servers being at full utilization from all the bammers looking up that word.

I'll be honest, it was refrshing to hear some sportstalk that did not sound like 14 yr old girls arguing in a mall parking lot. 

I'll be honest, it was refrshing to hear some sportstalk that did not sound like 14 yr old girls arguing in a mall parking lot. 

Are you saying they're not taking calls from listeners?

Are you saying they're not taking calls from listeners?

They do take calls from listeners... ;D

Got to hear nearly all of it. Very enjoyable show, despite Dawson calling in! Eli Gold's a likeable guy. Complete opposite of the rest of the bama nation!

Got to hear nearly all of it. Very enjoyable show, despite Dawson calling in! Eli Gold's a likeable guy. Complete opposite of the rest of the bama nation!

It's not too bad of a show. Stan and Eli mesh really well. Anything but JOX.

One caller called in and greeted Eli with a (common saying exchanged between Updykes), Eli repeated the disgusting saying....which got me wondering.  I often hear AU folks calling into Sportscall in the afternoons and the show hosts seem reluctant to return "War Eagle"s when offered by the callers.  Why is this...anyone know? 

Guest shirley4au9

I enjoyed the show as well, but Stan should be aggressive. Eli talks most of the time and mostly talked about himself this morning.  :o  Still, it's better than anything we have in the Birmingham area...I hear the show in the a.m. on my drive to work. Now, if I could find something to listen to in the afternoon going home.  :happydance:

Was this Dawson, the one from near west vance and also a preacher? If yes, he is a true updyke.  :beatmullet:

Sorry to burst bubbles.  I like the Morning Drive on Jox better.  Listening to Eli just doesn't keep my attention.  It's kind of like him and Stan are calling a game.  Eli talks, Stan puts some commentary behind it.

I do wish there was something opposite Finebaum for the drive home.

i like the show....i have listened for two days now,and it is way ahead of wjoxsux....stan does need to talk more,but eli is entertaining.....i would rather listen to him than mr. hypocrit.....this show has potential,once both guys get their feet under them

One caller called in and greeted Eli with a (common saying exchanged between Updykes), Eli repeated the disgusting saying....which got me wondering.  I often hear AU folks calling into Sportscall in the afternoons and the show hosts seem reluctant to return "War Eagle"s when offered by the callers.  Why is this...anyone know? 

good question

Archived