BSPN and auburn...sigh

wareagle13

I was watching sports center and they did there thing on "Road Test Weekend" mentioning all these ranked and a few top unranked teams hitting the road. One glaring omission was the Auburn @ Clemson game... Now i'm not one for conspiracy theories but even I am starting to think this is getting ridiculous. No acknowledgement that the defending national champs, now 2-0 are going on their first road game is just egregious. /rant

I was watching sports center and they did there thing on "Road Test Weekend" mentioning all these ranked and a few top unranked teams hitting the road. One glaring omission was the Auburn @ Clemson game... Now i'm not one for conspiracy theories but even I am starting to think this is getting ridiculous. No acknowledgement that the defending national champs, now 2-0 are going on their first road game is just egregious. /rant

Well, their 30 minute show breaking down the big ALABAMA vs North Texas matchup was up next. I'm sure it was just due to time constraints. :laugh:

They did talk about it on NFL Live yesterday and had an interview with Dabo and Chizik.  Can't remember the other guy with Chris Fowler but he said something along the lines that we we have something magical and keep winning and that Chizik remains calm no matter what. 

Yeah I don't know when the OP was referring to but I've hear them mention us every time this week when the 'Road Test' Saturday thing is brought up. I think the guy who mentioned Chizik's calm demeanor was Trevor Matich.

I may be mistaken but I watched back to back episodes of sports center this morning and everytime they mentioned road test weekend they didn't mention auburn and Clemson. They mentioned Tennessee/Florida, Boise/Toledo, lsu/msu, Oklahoma/fsu, ohio state/Miami, Michigan st/Norte dame, Texas/ucla. Granted this was sports center only. Not CFlive or other programming that focuses on college.

Probably because AU is not playing on BSPN, I think they are going to be ABC right, and most if not all of the other match-ups you listed are playing on BSPN so they are plugging those games and hyping them up. I still don't like it, but this could be a valid reason.  :dunno:

Somebody must have emailed ESPN about this because last night during the LSU-MSU game, at a very odd time they just immediately went to a short feature highlighting the Auburn-Clemson matchup and went right back to the game. It was strange. Did anybody else see that?

ABC is the parent firm of bspn. They promo ABC games on bspn all the time. Having said that, late yesterday on the recruiting based show on bspnu, they interviewed Chizik, it was also about the clempson game. They were very complimentary about the class we have received verbals from so far and discussed the fact that playing time was a big influence as well as having the draw of the BCSNC to attract recruits. It was not a hatchet job on AU. For a change, imo, they did a reasonable job. Facts and no editorial comments.

Somebody must have emailed ESPN about this because last night during the LSU-MSU game, at a very odd time they just immediately went to a short feature highlighting the Auburn-Clemson matchup and went right back to the game. It was strange. Did anybody else see that?

I missed that.....but then again I was at BWW drinking....A LOT

I did and was like  :cool:

Archived