On the Precipice...

WinningTradition

Starting with Tubs in 2004, Auburn has been a fast rising national power (not saying we were not before). We are in the midst of probably some of the best football Auburn has or will every play to date. Enjoy it, relish it. Sure we will have downtimes but every great team does. Thats why in modern times you do not see repeat national champs. The turds cheated their way to back to back NC's during Bears time but thats a whole other can of worms.

To keep this focused on AUBURN, how many other programs have had 3 undefeated seasons since 1993?  Auburn is on the rise and the future is bright for this program.  I truly believe we will be in contention for a few more NC in the coming years.  WDE!!

To keep this focused on AUBURN, how many other programs have had 3 undefeated seasons since 1993?  Auburn is on the rise and the future is bright for this program.  I truly believe we will be in contention for a few more NC in the coming years.  WDE!!

JMO, but an undefeated season 18 years ago has nothing to do with a program being on the rise or in decline today.

I think we look more like 2001/2002 than 2003 right now.  We had experience that year...just no offense.  We didn't have a good passing offense in 2001/2002 either.  2004 it finally caught up to the running game.

Al Borges was a really good O Coordinator that got confined by Tubberville in my opinion. What he did at SD St and now Michigan is really impressive. Something that always stoof out to me was his use of the bunch formation. Wish we would use that more.

Sorry for straying off topic....  No to knock Borges, but it seems like his best play right now is snap the ball to Shoelace and cue the circus music.  Not sure if you are really seeing Borges' offense at UM right now.  Having said that, Shoelace is a stud (one of the most exciting players to watchi in all of college football) and by all accounts, Borges has a chance to be very successful at UM. 

Archived