Writer is sorry he cheated himself out of enjoying Cam's magical season

BeachEagle

Tyler Beam apologizes for getting caught up in the storm of negative reports about Cam:

"I’m guilty of believing every far-fetched, wild Newton Tiger tale as gospel and I’m sorry I did. Rumors, secret tapes and bag men – pieces lifted right out of the real Watergate – distracted me from fully appreciating the best season an SEC player could ever have ... I’m disappointed because I was the biggest cheater during Newton’s epic season. Instead of marveling at his talents I spent more time hung up in the muckraking tornado."

Read the whole thing: http://www.mrsec.com/2011/10/tylers-take-week-7-picks-cam-newton-edition/

The cheater media missed out on the greatest single season by a SEC college football player, but I don't feel sorry for them one bit. Justice would be served only if a "mukraking tornado" were unleashed on them. Instead, most of these so-called journalists carry on as if the media rape of Cam was completely within the bounds of human decency. They relentlessly tried to destroy a good kid. They would have been happy to see him floating face down in a gutter in New Orleans.

Just venting. It's a new day. Now let's beat Florida! War Eagle!

I know one thing. Perfect justice has not been served. Vindication maybe, but not justice. BSPN and their cohorts have not gotten what they deserved. Like losing credibility in more markets than merely Alabama.

I know one thing. Perfect justice has not been served. Vindication maybe, but not justice. BSPN and their cohorts have not gotten what they deserved. Like losing credibility in more markets than merely Alabama.

:bow:

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

There was one writer that was more well known for his bashing of Cam and his race for the Heisman.. Does anyone remember his name?

There were so many , it's hard to know, but you could be talking about Bianchi from the Orlando Sentinel. He was a real horse's rump and I believe he has written a column since the NCAA released that statement, that was still very critical. Impossible for some people to admit when they are wrong.

Why delete my post? Ridiculous. At least give me the courtesy of a PM.

I did.  I also thought that you knew religious post weren't allowed. Next time I'll PM you for permission first. :-\

I did.  I also thought that you knew religious post weren't allowed. Next time I'll PM you for permission first. :-\

So can we say that we will pray for people? That's religious. Just saying. Also, there is a member here who has amazing posts about faith in God and her posts are allowed to remain on the board. I am a huge fan of rules and believe that they are absolutely necessary to keep this message board the best Auburn message board on the web, but it seems some posts are allowed to stay while others are made an example of.

So can we say that we will pray for people? That's religious. Just saying. Also, there is a member here who has amazing posts about faith in God and her posts are allowed to remain on the board. I am a huge fan of rules and believe that they are absolutely necessary to keep this message board the best Auburn message board on the web, but it seems some posts are allowed to stay while others are made an example of.

Quit being so logical and expecting Bird to be consistent...  :tease:

Weegs, your signature quote, who said it?

It's a quote from The Gladiator.

10-4. Thanks and WDE. :)

There have been a few of these public "crow eating" blogs/articles, but for the most part they ring hollow.  I said when the story first broke, and have said many times since, that the worst part about this sensationalized story was that there would be no accountability for those who publicly raked Auburn over the coals and convicted them in the court of public opinion without a shred of evidence, let alone proof.  There is no way for those folks to ever get "what is coming to them."  They will continue on, eventually finding a new target of their completely inaccurate accusations.  It's a shame really.

Its "Gladiator" not "The Gladiator". :)

Hey,were you that kid in school at the end of the period when the bell rang that would say, " Teacher,you forgot to give us our homework assignment?" grrrrrrrr  :laugh:

Even with his apology, he still couldn't quite resist:

"Did Cam ever take money? Sure, he probably took a few extra benefits on the side so what’s the big deal? .... And if he did accept cash, I’m sure it was a figure missing several zeros that everyone so desperately wanted it to be."

He and all the rest of the Auburn haters can crawl back into their holes as far as I'm concerned.

Archived