Arik Armstead

ellitor

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is the annoucement time?

Unknown....some reports were that he would announce last night. Some that it would come today, only the Armstead family knows for sure.

Bryan Fischer @BryanDFischer 1m 

Arik Armstead was set to announce today, we'll see if he still does (good news for ND).

He just tweeted this. He's a CBS Sports writer.

This does make it interesting.  I was very confident he was going to Cal, but not sure what impact this will have. 

Interesting......

Auburn Gold Mine @AUGoldMine

Recruited Arik Armstead... RT @sb_joedavidson: Cal guru recruiting coordinator Tosh Lupoi hired by Washington Huskies; major blow 4 Bears

This can't hurt our chances...

Tosh Lupoi has been named defensive line coach and defensive run game coordinator at Washington, Husky head coach Steve Sarkisian announced today.

Lupoi comes to Washington from California where he spent the last four years as defensive line coach.

http://www.gohuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/011612aaa.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I was thinking the same thing. Talk about timing.

I think the only thing that he is basing the "good news for ND" comment on is that he is committing right after his ND visit. But he has to pick today in order to be an EE no matter if he liked ND or not.

To be an EE, especially here at AU, wouldn't we have to hear word ASAP? Given the time he would need to pack, get back here, and get his classes lined up??

All that said, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have this kid on our D-line.

If he knows where he is going, I am sure he has told the coaches. He would have to pack and get to whichever school he picks anyways. ND is about as far away as Auburn. His classes are already lined up when he enrolled and are just waiting on him to start going if he picks us. Plus I doubt they would jump him for missing the first day of classes. Maybe he will pick soon.

This can't hurt our chances...

Tosh Lupoi has been named defensive line coach and defensive run game coordinator at Washington, Husky head coach Steve Sarkisian announced today.

Lupoi comes to Washington from California where he spent the last four years as defensive line coach.

http://www.gohuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/011612aaa.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I was thinking the same thing. Talk about timing.

This hire was being talked about on Seattle sports radio last Saturday...they were pumped.

I think the only thing that he is basing the "good news for ND" comment on is that he is committing right after his ND visit. But he has to pick today in order to be an EE no matter if he liked ND or not.

To be an EE, especially here at AU, wouldn't we have to hear word ASAP? Given the time he would need to pack, get back here, and get his classes lined up??

He said he is already enrolled at Auburn just in case, see below

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/01/five-star_erik_armstead_checks.html

He said he is already enrolled at Auburn just in case, see below

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/01/five-star_erik_armstead_checks.html

That's right....I forgot that quote. Thanks

If Arik is still trying to get a feel for what position he is most comfortable at the next level, then he would have two great coaches to help guide him in coach Grimes and Pelton. Not to mention that he would get to play under Barbee.

How will he announce? Is he going to put it on twitter or is he going to announce on tv?

He will probably just call the coaches and go to class...Most of you may not want to hear this but ND may have 1 advantage that no one on this board is talking about. In a number of articles he mentions he likes the 3-4 D. Well ND runs the 3-4 will we run the 4-3

Somebody posted on AL.com comments section that Jeff Grimes is flying to Cal today.....Can anybody confirm if it is true?

Grimes is scheduled to meet with Menelik Watson today, he just visited FSU this past weekend.

Thanks buddy

How will he announce? Is he going to put it on twitter or is he going to announce on tv?

He will probably just call the coaches and go to class...Most of you may not want to hear this but ND may have 1 advantage that no one on this board is talking about. In a number of articles he mentions he likes the 3-4 D. Well ND runs the 3-4 will we run the 4-3

And I don't think Armond would have to get a waiver at ND to play.  He would have to get one from the SEC.  So that uncertainty could play a role as well.

Keep the fingers crossed, but unfortunately Flexbone might be right about Arik.  We shall see.

I am right about what?  I posted I was sure he was going to Cal, but with his lead recruiter at Cal leaving, I don't know what he will do.  So even if he goes to Cal, I am taking no credit because I have no idea what he will do now.

Keep the fingers crossed, but unfortunately Flexbone might be right about Arik.  We shall see.

I am right about what?  I posted I was sure he was going to Cal, but with his lead recruiter at Cal leaving, I don't know what he will do.  So even if he goes to Cal, I am taking no credit because I have no idea what he will do now.

You've been consistently posting that he will not be attending Auburn.  I'm not saying he's not, but hearing that he was still considered a long shot after the visit. 

Still keeping the fingers crossed for good news though. 

I would take it to mean, "I knew this would be tough, but now that it is decision time, it is much more difficult that I ever imagined it would be." 

Well not sure what to make of Arik's last tweet:

RT ish just got real

Hmmm...

IMO, and I have no idea, but I think it means that he was all set to go to Cal when he heard that his coach/lead recruiter just left. Now he has a tougher decision. At least that is what I hope it means.

RT ish just got real

Hmmm...

Hoke said it was reaction to his lead recruiter from Cal signing with Washington today.

RT ish just got real

Hmmm...

Means only one thing -- he's going to New Mexico to play for Coach Davie.

Now this:

RT sb_joedavidson: Arik Armstead says departure of Cal recruiting boss means "got more to think about." May announce Tues

Archived