Arik Armstead

ellitor

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when is he scheduled to announce, could he possibly enroll tomorrow

Not scheduled to announce. Will attend class at his choice tomorrow.

So, will we be notified of his choice via roll call in the morning?  :laugh:

So he decided against announcing at his Church?  or was he never going to announce there.

So he decided against announcing at his Church?  or was he never going to announce there.

Never saw anything published that he was announcing at Church. Only originally said he was going home Saturday and going to Church Sunday to pray about his choice.

There was an article last week with an interview with Arik where he said he probably would "announce from his church on Sunday" after his last visit....but that could have been delayed with his dad and Armond delaying their ND visit and staying at AU all weekend (which IMO looks good for us!). 

Nothing was ever "scheduled" but that is what Arik has said....I will try to find the article.  Anyway, I would expect him to announce something in the next day or two, since he is ready to get started in school somewhere.

There was an article last week with an interview with Arik where he said he probably would "announce from his church on Sunday" after his last visit....but that could have been delayed with his dad and Armond delaying their ND visit and staying at AU all weekend (which IMO looks good for us!). 

Nothing was ever "scheduled" but that is what Arik has said....I will try to find the article.  Anyway, I would expect him to announce something in the next day or two, since he is ready to get started in school somewhere.

Also probably got delayed since Armond and his father flew to ND last night and talked with the coaches at ND.

"On Sunday night, Armond visited with Notre Dame football coaches. He also has a great deal of mutual interest with Auburn, though the brothers insist each will make their own decision independent of the other."

http://blogs.sacbee.com/preps/archives/2012/01/arik-armstead-h.html

and here is where he mentioned his church. 

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/west/post?id=1759&_slug_=final-visit-for-armstead-could-announce-sunday&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fblog%2fncfrecruiting%2fwest%2fpost%3fid%3d1759%26_slug_%3dfinal-visit-for-armstead-could-announce-sunday

it's an insider article, but the last line of the free versions says that he could announce at his church on Sunday, or wait and just call up the schools.

Also probably got delayed since Armond and his father flew to ND last night and talked with the coaches at ND.

"On Sunday night, Armond visited with Notre Dame football coaches. He also has a great deal of mutual interest with Auburn, though the brothers insist each will make their own decision independent of the other."

Since we've been playing "Read too Much Into It" this week, I would like to be the first to read to much into the above quote. Clearly, the quote is saying that while Armond *is* very interested in AU, the fact that Arik is going to commit to AU in the next 24 to 48 hours doesn't guarantee that Armond will, too (although AU *could* strike the mother load and get both brothers).  :cool:;D

Since we've been playing "Read too Much Into It" this week, I would like to be the first to read to much into the above quote. Clearly, the quote is saying that while Armond *is* very interested in AU, the fact that Arik is going to commit to AU in the next 24 to 48 hours doesn't guarantee that Armond will, too (although AU *could* strike the mother load and get both brothers).  :cool:;D

Could be read that way, we'll find out tomorrow!

;)

I don't think you are "reading too much into it". I think you are just making stuff up. I have read the article three times and see nothing even mentioning anything close to what you are stating.

Maybe I'm nitpicking, but shouldn't a professional writer do better than this? "Auburn hosted nine players over the weekend, most of who were already committed to the Tigers." I mean, I realize he is a newspaper reporter, and thus is under a deadline and all, but did he not even read over it? The misuse of "who" instead of "whom" jumps off the screen at me...

Sorry, grammatical peeve. Carry on.

Maybe I'm nitpicking, but shouldn't a professional writer do better than this? "Auburn hosted nine players over the weekend, most of who were already committed to the Tigers." I mean, I realize he is a newspaper reporter, and thus is under a deadline and all, but did he not even read over it? The misuse of "who" instead of "whom" jumps off the screen at me...

I didnt know prefessionals worked at AL.com?? Wow, learn something new everyday.

Red, we would get along very well!

I didnt know prefessionals worked at AL.com?? Wow, learn something new everyday.

While their writing at least sometimes resembles that of the uneducated masses, there are a few on there who get paid to write what they write, whether it's of professional quality or not.

Somebody posted on AL.com comments section that Jeff Grimes is flying to Cal today.....Can anybody confirm if it is true?

:laugh:

Was it "updykesRincecstors" or "THEBEARISDEAD" that posted it?

That place is a zoo.

Somebody posted on AL.com comments section that Jeff Grimes is flying to Cal today.....Can anybody confirm if it is true?

:laugh:

Was it "updykesRincecstors" or "THEBEARISDEAD" that posted it?

That place is a zoo.

ALLTIGER85 mentioned it.  Don't know if he was the op.

Grimes has not been involved at all with his recruitment.  If he is flying to Cal. it is to see somebody else.  I highly doubt this report is accurate. 

Rumor came from the Bunker.  A poster on there said his wife is on a flight to Cali and Grimes is on same flight. 

Meanwhile, my wife could be riding in a car all the way to Cali with Grimes and not know who he was.

Doug Flutie was on my flight back from Phoenix and I had no idea....walked right past him. 

Of course, so was Holtz, so maybe I was just dumbstruck by him (or had too much spit on my glasses to see!)

Archived