Arik Armstead

ellitor

Guys, if you're going to follow the twitter accounts of 18 year olds learn the lingo. 'Ish' means s!*t...meaning things just got real, referring to his lead recruiter and position coach going to UW. I would also take this to mean Cal was his leader. Whether they still are remains to be seen. Also, the brothers have stated they would LIKE to play together but don't have to. Armond could choose ND while Arik chooses AU.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Losing his coach from Cal will help us, however; we probably are still probably the underdogs in this recruiting battle.  ND has a big advantage in my opinion in that they have been Armond's leader.  How our coaches did with Armond may have as much impact on whether Arik comes to AU as anything.

wde

You all have to remember that Armond and Arik could only play together for one year so it might not mean that much. IMO, what happened with his recruiter/position coach at Cal going to Washington helped Auburn a lot more than what people think. It really depends on whether or not his family is really ok with him coming all the way to the SE for college. That's a long way for parents to travel to see their son play college ball. IMO, that is the deciding factor when he meets with his parents over the next 24 hours.

You all have to remember that Armond and Arik could only play together for one year so it might not mean that much. IMO, what happened with his recruiter/position coach at Cal going to Washington helped Auburn a lot more than what people think. It really depends on whether or not his family is really ok with him coming all the way to the SE for college. That's a long way for parents to travel to see their son play college ball. IMO, that is the deciding factor when he meets with his parents over the next 24 hours.

ST do you think that ND running the 3-4 D puts them ahead of us? I'm hoping that if he moves past Cal that we are in the 2nd spot.

Its seems he wanted to go to Cal (  :bananadance: Now it gives more hope to us and Notredame)... or why would Coach change at Cal will lead to delay in his decision if he wanted to come to Plains.....

ST do you think that ND running the 3-4 D puts them ahead of us? I'm hoping that if he moves past Cal that we are in the 2nd spot.

No, I don't think that would help or hurt. I believe Cal still has a great shot but his position coach leaving has left him with a lot to think about.

Per BM on Twitter: "***This is not inside info, just compiling information in one place for everyone. Cal assistant coach Tosh Lupoi has left for Washington. He was the coach recruiting Armstead and most of their top prospects.

***Local reporter Joe Davidson from the Sacramento Bee spoke with Arik and tweeted the following...

Arik Armstead told us just now that "Tosh was a big reason I'd go 2 Cal." Said now "I've got more to think about." May announce tomorrow now

***Arik tweeted the following about 50 minutes ago...

ish just got real

***My take/opinion: If Arik was planning to enroll at Auburn or Notre Dame, what happened at Cal wouldn't have any affect on his decision. The fact that he may delay it tells me it does. He may still end up at Cal but it appears to be better news for Notre Dame or Auburn."

http://auburn.247sports.com/Board/Topic/42/6956734  FREE

EDIT:  See that some of this is posted on previous page.

:laugh: ok that was kinda funny to see people debating what ish meant....that kinda dates a few folks :-X

While we are giving lessons what does "smh" mean?

:laugh: ok that was kinda funny to see people debating what ish meant....that kinda dates a few folks :-X

Shake

My

Head

My philosophy of thinking based on what I've read from the last 8 pages of this thread. After the Cali DL coach going to Washington (see recent pages) and Joe Davidson from the Sacramento Bee tweeted that the Armsteads will stay in ND and announce schools tonight (see recent pages) I'm just going to say he goes to ND that way my hopes don't get pummeled by saying I he goes to AU. It would be fantastic to get AA & AA but if we only get one AA I'm totally fine with that. Besides, unless someone pulls a shocker and goes to somewhere out of nowhere besides Cal or ND at least we won't be seeing them in SEC play.

Shake

My

Head

:laugh:  

BM just reported on Sportscall that Cal is out per Arik's dad. Down to AU and ND.

Wow! That is big. Now how to get ND out of the way....

BM just reported on Sportscall that Cal is out per Arik's dad. Down to AU and ND.

Wow! That is big. Now how to get ND out of the way....

That's easy. Just line up against their weak defense.  :D

Archived