Arik Armstead

ellitor

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grimes has not been involved at all with his recruitment.  If he is flying to Cal. it is to see somebody else.  I highly doubt this report is accurate. 

He's visiting Menelik Watson.

Doug Flutie was on my flight back from Phoenix and I had no idea....walked right past him. 

Of course, so was Holtz, so maybe I was just dumbstruck by him (or had too much spit on my glasses to see!)

Good one!

Grimes would not be visiting him.

An AU rivals mod just posted that one of the things that is the most important to Arik is that his parents get to see him play.

That is the biggest hurdle and IMO the reason he signs with Cal. I hope I am 100% wrong. I think he really does like AU and the coaches.

An AU rivals mod just posted that one of the things that is the most important to Arik is that his parents get to see him play.

That is the biggest hurdle and IMO the reason he signs with Cal. I hope I am 100% wrong. I think he really does like AU and the coaches.

We'll be on TV almost every week  :thumbsup:

Anyone own a house in the AU area that could use a "house sitter"?  I'm sure you and the Armsteads could work out a Trent Richardson type deal. 

This can't hurt our chances...

Tosh Lupoi has been named defensive line coach and defensive run game coordinator at Washington, Husky head coach Steve Sarkisian announced today.

Lupoi comes to Washington from California where he spent the last four years as defensive line coach.

http://www.gohuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/011612aaa.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Tosh Lupoi has been named defensive line coach and defensive run game coordinator at Washington, Husky head coach Steve Sarkisian announced today.

Lupoi comes to Washington from California where he spent the last four years as defensive line coach.

http://www.gohuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/011612aaa.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

He was their best recruiter. That does help.

Bryan Fischer @BryanDFischer 1m 

Arik Armstead was set to announce today, we'll see if he still does (good news for ND).

He just tweeted this. He's a CBS Sports writer.

He was their best recruiter. That does help.

It also appears he was Arik's recruiter.  I have a bad feeling though that it might come down to the one thing that Cal has that we don't, an address in California.

Arik Armstead was set to announce today, we'll see if he still does (good news for ND).

Is he saying its most likely ND?

That's what it seems like he is implying.

I think our biggest competition for him is cal. I like our odds against ND.

If he goes to ND, that throws the whole "distance" thing out the window. Hopefully he would choose us over ND but you never know.

I think that what the sportswriter is getting at is the longer the wait after the visit the more likely he would be to go elsewhere. He must think.

His brother would need a waiver to play at Auburn because of the new SEC transfer rules.  I'm wondering how big of an obstacle this is for Auburn.

I think the only thing that he is basing the "good news for ND" comment on is that he is committing right after his ND visit. But he has to pick today in order to be an EE no matter if he liked ND or not.

If he goes to ND, that throws the whole "distance" thing out the window. Hopefully he would choose us over ND but you never know.

I like our chances against ND. Last year the signed six, yes 6, DE with two of them being 5 starts on Rivals, one of them just missed out on a 5th star, and 4 of them were top 100 prospects, ND 2011 class.

...And the plot thickens.

I think the only thing that he is basing the "good news for ND" comment on is that he is committing right after his ND visit. But he has to pick today in order to be an EE no matter if he liked ND or not.

To be an EE, especially here at AU, wouldn't we have to hear word ASAP? Given the time he would need to pack, get back here, and get his classes lined up??

All that said, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have this kid on our D-line.

...And the plot thickens.

DUN DUN DUNNNNNHHHHHH!!!!  WDE!  :we:

Archived