Dr. Lou

BirdofPrey76

how does that man actually remain on espn?  how?  he is a horrible analyst, looks bad and talks bad ... he must have goat pictures of somebody ...

Comic relief....

Does anyone remember the Charlie McCarthy puppet from way back in the day???  My sister had one of these puppets, and it scared the living hell out of me as a kid, but I digress.  I think that Dr. Lou is the evil incarnate version of this puppet, and that Finebaum jams his arm up Lou's kiester and works his mouth.  Very few people know that Lou Holtz actually died about 8 years ago, and was given to a taxidermist to make into a doll.  Check out the resemblance below!!!

Edgar_Bergen_%26_Mortimer_Snerd_in_Stage_Door_Canteen.jpg

220px-Lou_Holtz_cropped.jpg

He is always half asleep when he does the College Football Final show.  It's embarrassing.  I respect my elders, but it's time for Lou and Lee to ride off into the sunset together...with JoePa.

He is always half asleep when he does the College Football Final show.  It's embarrassing.  I respect my elders, but it's time for Lou and Lee to ride off into the sunset together...with JoePa.

Yep, time for all of them to find their LazyBoy's and kick back and enjoy the rest of their golden years.  Kinda like I hate to see Dick Clark trying to do the Times Square New Year's show.  They are all just too sad to watch.

He's there because he has the pedigree (winning the national championship in 88, even if it was for a Notre Dame team that was NOT the best team in the country, goes a long way, and the fact that he has coached in the SEC as well gives him even more "credibility") and because he entertains people who don't know much about football. I've been on the fire Holtz bandwagon for some time now, actually. JoePa needs to go, too.

As for Corso, I disagree; I think Gameday needs him. He's getting to the point where it might be better for him to start limiting his interaction on the show, but in order for that show to work, they need his stupidity (and I say that in a nice way with him, because he does it on purpose) sitting across from Herbie to make it what it is. I don't know who they could get to replace him that would keep the show even close to par with the way it is now.

holtz is horrible.

i did not use to like corso, but he and that crew has grown on me.  i like the schtick and the chemistry between them is solid.  you can tell they enjoy each other, what they do and they are prepared.  i will disagree with some of their opinions, but they are some of the few tv personalities on espn that i dont feel like have prepared "company" angles/agendas.

• 2 weeks later...

if you can find an audio clip of "dr. lou" on the rick and bubba show it is hilarious. the one on cams recruitment is the one ive heard.

Corso is great. I don't know why he gets such a bad rap. It used to be just Corso and Kirk with Fowler. Then they brought in Desmond I think to prepare for Corso's retirement. Now they are starting to bring in David Pollack a bit. Perhaps they are planning on Desmond taking Corso's spot and Pollack to be like the Desmond Howard. If they phased out Corso, I guess I could be OK with it. But he's gotta be there for the head gear at the minimum, even if he were to retire. It'll be a sad day when he is not there to do that. That is legendary.

Archived