how is rose progressing?

SundayGun1345163002

Well I'm sure everybody has messed up or done something wrong in practice.  In games as well as far as true freshmen go

Indeed.

Just pointing on something I witnessed as it echoing what his issue maybe - not currently playing physical enough for the SEC.

Well I'm sure everybody has messed up or done something wrong in practice.  In games as well as far as true freshmen go

Indeed.

Just pointing on something I witnessed as it echoing what his issue maybe - not currently playing physical enough for the SEC.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's somewhere between that and having some difficulty with covering man to man. Because of his height and agility, I wouldn't be surprised if the coaches want him to play corner rather than safety, which was his presumed ultimate position, and I seem to remember him having some issues with coverage last year.

He has all the talent in the world, it's just a matter of the light coming on for him. I think a year of working with Willie Martinez in position drills will help him tremendously, and having a year to focus more on putting on the right kind of weight should go a long way toward getting him ready to play.

Archived