how is rose progressing?

SundayGun1345163002

anyone got any news on the db rose? I remember him being a big get in last years recruiting class and have not heard anything else on him. He was also not mentioned in the next years depth chart thread so i was wondering if he was just not college ready yet or had injuries or what it was that was keeping him off the field.

He played, mainly on kick-off and punt coverage teams.  He also played mop-up duty in the few games we had salted away by mid-4thQ... he gave up several plays to Ole Miss on their last TD drive including the score itself. 

He's a hitter for sure and I think he'll develop into a starter but some of his fellow trFr played ahead of him this season.

Rose enrolled early and went through spring practice. Seems like he needs to continue develop to become a force in the secondary. I'm disappointed we didn't redshirt him in retrospect, but I had no idea how well Jermaine Whitehead and Erique Florence would step up as true Freshmen. Our secondary will be deep and talented next season.

He also had some diciplianarey issues this season.  I hope this season lights a fire under all th under classmen, not to mention some of the veterans to come out with a vengeance in 2012.

I had wondered about Rose also. In addition, have not seen anything on Chris Landrum either...maybe I missed it if he got hurt, I know he is redshirted, but if not injured, wondered how he was looking on the Scout team. anybody know?

He also had some diciplianarey issues this season.  I hope this season lights a fire under all th under classmen, not to mention some of the veterans to come out with a vengeance in 2012.

Hopefully he's got his head on straight and has decided to do things Chizik's way.  I don't want to think of the alternative for him if he stays in Gene's doghouse too much.  He's got too much talent to waste.

• 7 months later...

This was Jay's quote- " I haven’t heard anything about Rose in a while, which makes me think he’s not in the picture at all".

The way I take this is that JR has fallen off the depth chart, not that he isn't on the team or might be leaving.

If that is the quote that we are going on then saying that he's not going to be back next year is a stretch. I think he was just saying that he's not in line for much PT.

I haven't heard anything about Rose, either, which suggests that there probably isn't a problem...else we would have heard about it on the news by now. I wouldn't be too surprised if he redshirted this year, since he didn't last year.

Rose big problem was that he was scared to come up and make the hit. I wouldn't expect to hear anything big from him until next year. He's got a ways to go mentally and physically. They go one and one though. A lot of the mental issues will clear up once he gets a bit bigger. He looked like a lima bean out there last year, tall and lanky. Gotta get some weight on him.

Rose big problem was that he was scared to come up and make the hit. I wouldn't expect to hear anything big from him until next year. He's got a ways to go mentally and physically. They go one and one though. A lot of the mental issues will clear up once he gets a bit bigger. He looked like a lima bean out there last year, tall and lanky. Gotta get some weight on him.

Still in the pod, I guess?

:tease:

Tate stated in the forum section he didn't expect to see Rose in an AU uniform this fall. I know some people dislike Tate but he was out front in the Dyer situation WAY before anyone else(at least publicly). Doesn't sound very encouraging on Rose.

If there is a problem let him go.... we need room.

giving up on dudes in one year?  That doesn't seem to smart.  Last year in like 3 of the scrimmages he had int's.  I was hoping with the coaching change the light would come on for him

Tate stated in the forum section he didn't expect to see Rose in an AU uniform this fall. I know some people dislike Tate but he was out front in the Dyer situation WAY before anyone else(at least publicly). Doesn't sound very encouraging on Rose.

...Which probably means he will be redshirted, because there are enough of the other guys who have stepped up to not have a need for pushing him into action before he's ready.

...Which probably means he will be redshirted, because there are enough of the other guys who have stepped up to not have a need for pushing him into action before he's ready.

What he said ^^^

We are stacked in the secondary and BVG and WM don't do the musical chairs like Roof where we rotated the secondary all game.

Rose big problem was that he was scared to come up and make the hit.

I think this was a pretty big part of it.  He just was not being nearly physical enough to warrant being on the field much.  I remember seeing video of Lolley really getting on him during one practice for shying away from a hit.

I remember watching a video clip of a scrimmage last season and remember seeing Rose specifically letting up and not hitting the receiver full speed after the catch was made. You could see Rose almost slow up and just kind of lacklusterly throw his shoulder against the receiver and quite honestly it looked pitiful. You could see one of the assistant coaches chew Rose a new a hole in the video after the play.

Archived