Gabriel posts Auburn's first Triple-Double

AUSportTalk

2/3/05- Marita Payne becomes first Auburn basketball player, male or female, to record a triple double as she tallied 15 points, a school-record 13 blocks and 12 rebounds in Auburn's 62-51 win over Arkansas.

I kid, I kid! Just had to throw that in there. Congrats to KG, this is a very big accomplishment. WDE.

I have seen this talked about everywhere, and I just have one question....

what is a triple double?  (and forgive my basketball ignorance :))

24 points, 12 rebounds and 10 blocks

double digits in three statistical categories

I was there and this was something amazing to watch.  The guy was everywhere.  Auburn had a block party tonight, and KG was the host.  Not to mention it seemed like everything he shot went in. Simply amazing.

Auburn Forward Kenny Gabriel posts first Triple-Double in Auburn Basketball history.

24 points, 12 rebounds and 10 blocks!

I think these guys as a collective group are going to be pretty good by seasons end.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Feb. 3, 2005 - Marita Payne becomes first Auburn basketball player, male or female, to record a triple double as she tallied 15 points, a school-record 13 blocks and 12 rebounds in Auburn's 62-51 win over Arkansas and on December 5, 2008 - Auburn sets a women's school record, scoring 119 points in a 119-54 victory over Sam Houston State. Whitney Boddie becomes the second AU player ever, male or female, to record a triple-double with 13 points, 12 assists and 10 rebounds.

Archived