UK game

AuburnBasketball

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jojo1515

We went from playing great for 15 minutes to playing the final 5 like a middle school team.  Well, atleast we played for 15 minutes more than last game!  BTW, KY on a 19-4 run.....nasty

Guest jojo1515

Down 51-49 at one point and lose 68-53.  Oh well, the guys looked a heck of a lot better...especially considering that was KENTUCKY we just played and the game was still in doubt with 4 minutes left.  AT Vandy, the game was over in about 4 minutes...HUGE improvement!

Our guys played hard tonight. I was very happy to see that. We just need to play smarter at times IMO. I have said it all year and I will say it again, we are just still thin talent wise. The class we have coming in next year will help. We need to learn to finish games also.

Daggumit, so I figure Kentucky is generally about +15 pts. better than AU every morning when they get out of bed, so AU has to play +16 to win.  Against a great team.  Home or away, what a tall order.  Proud of the guys' general gameplan execution tonight, their rebounding and toughness for 32 mins.  If they had hit a couple 2 or 3 of those 3's before Kentucky's big final run, I say it would have been a 1 possession game in the final minute.  

And what has happened to Frankie Sullivan?

Man... the Auburn Arena was rocking tonight. I have never been to an AU Basketball game before this, and it did not disappoint. Well, except for the fact we lost, but our guys played hard. They gave Kentucky a heck of a game. War Eagle! Here's to beating Ole Miss on Saturday.

Yeah, im not sure if i would go if the tickets were free. ill say 76-48 UK

Ready to eat those words?

Our guys have worked as hard as any team in the country and it finally showed tonight. Couldn't be more proud.

The team has come to bal tonight.  I have loved what I've seen... up until the 5 minute mark.  

P.S. Can we get an announcer that doesn't get his jollies every time Kentucky makes a basket?

I was thinking the same thing

Not looking for a moral victory. The guys played their rear ends off against a team ranked #2 in the country for a darn good reason. Gonna be some bumps in the road along the way, when CTB came in we had miles to go. CTB, the staff and team have done a good job and will do better. WDE, men. Helluva an effort. First  league game that was really enjoyable for me in a while. It's coming.

Yeah, im not sure if i would go if the tickets were free. ill say 76-48 UK

Ready to eat those words?

Our guys have worked as hard as any team in the country and it finally showed tonight. Couldn't be more proud.

I will be more than glad to eat them. I actually thought i was being generous with us only losing by 28 considering we lost our previous 2 by more than that. We were playing a better team too. But im glad they played well last night. Hopefully this game will start something and carry over saturday.

the student section was lights out tontite, thanks to the AU family for coming out in full force!

My daughter and her friends were there in full force last night. The students got an e-mail inviting them to sign up for a free T-shirt which said "The Jungle."  By signing up they also got to be admitted at 5:00 instead of 5:30. My daughter and her friends stood in line at 5:15 and got seats at mid-court, third row from the floor. I saw her on ESPN many times. It was cool, and nice to see the students so into the game!

the student section was lights out tontite, thanks to the AU family for coming out in full force!

My daughter and her friends were there in full force last night. The students got an e-mail inviting them to sign up for a free T-shirt which said "The Jungle."  By signing up they also got to be admitted at 5:00 instead of 5:30. My daughter and her friends stood in line at 5:15 and got seats at mid-court, third row from the floor. I saw her on ESPN many times. It was cool, and nice to see the students so into the game!

good to hear Dad, how's your daughter doing at AU? I remember when you signed on to AE and announced your girl getting that scholarship, I believe your in Wisconsin I may be wrong cause of the dementia.

Archived