Saban Oversigning

watsontiger98

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's face it.  This is another of the devil's tactics to keep players from signing with other teams, and to "sign" over the 25 limit.  The devil will get away with this for a year or two, then other schools will do it, and the NCAA will step in and stop this.  This will be the 25th rule violation named after the devil, although he will have gotten to use it for a couple of years first.

The NCAA is corrupt, and they are destroying college football.  Go ahead and stop teaching your kids that cheaters never win.  All they need to do is look at The University of West Vance to see that cheaters always win!

Getting him a job is not an NCAA violation. Who can't work if they want to? Improper benefits are things given to athletes that people wouldn't normally give to regular college students. People give college students jobs everyday. I know it's Saban but c'mon, nothing will come of this.

If Taylor signs a letter stating his intention to accept a scholarship to uat next January wouldn't that be the equivalent of signing a Letter Of Intent?  His signing of a Letter of Intent now would include him in the current class, wouldn't it, no matter of when he intends on enrolling?  Am I off base here? 

I have to ask who the "they" is that he is referring to. I think if he meant that to be UAT, then it would be a violation. You can't do anything for a student athlete that you do not do for a student.  My guess is that he meant some other they. If not, someone might have a problem; he could have killed his eligibility at UAT with that statement.

Also, at some point I have to stop placing ALL the blame on Saban for this (he is what he is) and place some of this on this kid and his family.

Either they are gullible enough to buy this or the kid really really wants to go to UAT. If it is the latter, I don't fault him, Ultimately he should get to go where he wants, even if he has to walk on.  However, it seems odd that a kid from GA would feel this way, I could understand it a little more if he was from B'ham or T-Town.

If Taylor signs a letter stating his intention to accept a scholarship to uat next January wouldn't that be the equivalent of signing a Letter Of Intent?  His signing of a Letter of Intent now would include him in the current class, wouldn't it, no matter of when he intends on enrolling?   Am I off base here? 

Players only count to the class year they sign their official NLI. If he does not sign 2012 scholly papers or a 2012 NLI he will count to the 2013 class when he enrolls in January. He may count to the 2012 class then as an IEE if players from the 2012 class are not on the roster come January 2013.

If Taylor signs a letter stating his intention to accept a scholarship to uat next January wouldn't that be the equivalent of signing a Letter Of Intent?  His signing of a Letter of Intent now would include him in the current class, wouldn't it, no matter of when he intends on enrolling?   Am I off base here? 

Players only count to the class year they sign their official NLI. If he does not sign 2012 scholly papers or a 2012 NLI he will count to the 2013 class when he enrolls in January. He may count to the 2012 class then as an IEE if players from the 2012 class are not on the roster come January 2013.

I wonder is the kid had a "committible"  offer when he committed? Also, is there a date when you can start making comittible offers for next year?

It's this kid's choice.  If he agrees to this plan and thinks this gives him the best chance to reach his goals, then so be it.  Saban is not forcing this kid into the situation.  I would not sign up for this plan, and I definitely would not sign my kid up for it, but to each their own. 

Do you honestly think uat would "accept" a signed LOI from the kid?  The kid can sign any dang thing he wants, but uat is not offering him the opportunity to sign a LOI on NSD in 2012. 

Taylor hasn't signed anything, saban hasn't signed anything, and no one has found him a job.

The kid would be smart to look elsewhere if he wants to sign and play football in the 2012 season.

Can AU use him, do we need him, have our coaches recruited him?  What about LSU/FLA/Arky/SCarl/UGA?  What other offeres has he received? 

The kid has now decided to go elsewhere.  The REC must have sent him a salad by courier service.  He got the message.  Sad part is, he has been so dedicated to them, he has not even looked at another school and doesn't know where he can go now.

Alabama did the right thing and told him to look elsewhere.

What really happened: Someone call this kid and tell him to look elsewhere, we need to dissociate from him.  He as said too much and can't be trusted. Besides we need to cut 8-10 players over the spring/summer for various reasons no need to draw more attention to our roster management.

The kid has now decided to go elsewhere.  The REC must have sent him a salad by courier service.  He got the message.  Sad part is, he has been so dedicated to them, he has not even looked at another school and doesn't know where he can go now.

He probably got a call from weeman or one of his assistants telling him to keep his mouth shut and to move on, his scholly offer has been dropped. 

He probably got a call from weeman or one of his assistants telling him to keep his mouth shut and to move on, his scholly offer has been dropped. 

Ding Ding Ding!!!!!!!  :thumbsup:

Must have been like back in my teen days when my steady girl friend told me she still like me but we should be free to date others... but she still wanted to be friends.    The first time, I was dumb enough to actually believe her.  Looking a little more at this situation I expect that NS thought the kid would get the message..."we can still be friends" but apparently not.  Guess someone has now cleared up any misunderstanding.  Too bad for the kid....made him look foolish, just trying to be loyal to UAT....so how did that work out?

What other schools have looked at him?  What other offers has he got on the table?

He didn't play at all last year due to his injury, now he's gonna have to still rehab seven days a week.  Will he even be able to play come August?

Must have been like back in my teen days when my steady girl friend told me she still like me but we should be free to date others... but she still wanted to be friends.    The first time, I was dumb enough to actually believe her.  Looking a little more at this situation I expect that NS thought the kid would get the message..."we can still be friends" but apparently not.   Guess someone has now cleared up any misunderstanding.  Too bad for the kid....made him look foolish, just trying to be loyal to UAT....so how did that work out?

Yeaaaahhhhh. That's how it happened.

Must have been like back in my teen days when my steady girl friend told me she still like me but we should be free to date others... but she still wanted to be friends.    The first time, I was dumb enough to actually believe her.  Looking a little more at this situation I expect that NS thought the kid would get the message..."we can still be friends" but apparently not.   Guess someone has now cleared up any misunderstanding.  Too bad for the kid....made him look foolish, just trying to be loyal to UAT....so how did that work out?

So... you went out with Nick Saban?  :-X

I think it is funny that weeman tells Justin Taylor that he did not have room in this class for him but weeman continues to recruit other players for this class.  Anybody else find that funny?  Why can't these recruits and their parents see through this guy's tactics?  :rolleyes:

This while story is simply amazing. This kid commits early, then gets punished for it because he gets hurt? Saban actually admits it's because he got injured that he lost his scholly. Isn't this the same Saban who wants kids to honor their commitment?  I guess it's only a one way street. My daughter's boyfriend was recently recruited for basketball. A school told him if he committed before his senior season that he would still get his scholarship if he was injured during the season. If he waited and didn't commit, then the offer may or may not be there. I talked to the coach who recruited him and he said this way both parties were protected. This seems like the moral thing to do, but in the Wee Ones warped world, the only thing that matters is winning. I wish all recruits would read about this incident and realize the Wee One doesn't really care about them as a person. If someone better comes along, then he will be processed.

Nick Saban will look a recruit, or a current player, and his parents right in the face and lie. My friend experienced it many times over the course of a whole year. He messed up her son's college football career, and did it deliberately, and never gave a damn about it either. He DOES NOT care about these kids at all. He DOES NOT CARE when his lies have a negative effect on a young man's life.

It's really quite the scheme-lie and make up stories about just how bad the kid is injured. Then offer to "sign a paper" guaranteeing his scholly for 2013. Wee One knew full well the kid wouldn't want to sit out another year. When the kid goes elsewhere, then the Wee One can spout some BS about how it was the kid's choice not to take the offer for 2013.  This one stinks to the high heavens.

Archived