Saban Oversigning

watsontiger98

Sounds like it would be in the kid's best interest to go to plan "B".  What other offers does he have from DI schools, SEC schools? 

Good to see this type of article in the news.  It just give further evidence of how some programs operate.  It also sheads the spotlight on the ridiculous 25/yr recruiting limitations that have been placed on schools now. 

The signing restrictions do nothing but hurt the kids in the long run.  IMO, we will be seeing a lot of "borderline" recruits left hanging in the wind that are forced to go to plan "B", because plan "A" bailed on them because of iffy grades, injuries, character issues, etc. 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's really quite the scheme-lie and make up stories about just how bad the kid is injured. Then offer to "sign a paper" guaranteeing his scholly for 2013. Wee One knew full well the kid wouldn't want to sit out another year. When the kid goes elsewhere, then the Wee One can spout some BS about how it was the kid's choice not to take the offer for 2013.  This one stinks to the high heavens.

You got it.  The recruiting rules are a mess and they seem to not only allow, but encourage a lot of unethical and immoral behavior by those willing to do so.  The presidents/chancellors of the universities should demand better.

It's really quite the scheme-lie and make up stories about just how bad the kid is injured. Then offer to "sign a paper" guaranteeing his scholly for 2013. Wee One knew full well the kid wouldn't want to sit out another year. When the kid goes elsewhere, then the Wee One can spout some BS about how it was the kid's choice not to take the offer for 2013.  This one stinks to the high heavens.

You got it.  The recruiting rules are a mess and they seem to not only allow, but encourage a lot of unethical and immoral behavior by those willing to do so.  The presidents/chancellors of the universities should demand better.

I agree, they are a mess.  But, placing futher restrictions on schools by imposing the limit to 25/yr only enhances the immoral behavior even more than it ever did in the past.  In the end, who suffers?

Processing pecking order (ellitor, or anyone else, feel free to critique): #1- D. Lake (DT); #2- C. Gulledge (OL); #3- K. Freitag (TE); #4- B. Hill (OL); #5- A. Morris (QB); #6- D. Ball (DT); #7 D. Philon (DT); #8- C. Gladney (ATH).

It sure hasn't taken long for this story to die down. I wonder if this would be the case if it had been Chizik, or even one of the other SEC coaches that had done this to this young man.

Not sure it's died down. They are going to talk about it on the recruiting show on Fox Sports South tonight and ESPN recruiting insider on ESPNU tomorrow.

saban is a sh*tbag, but a smart one.  he is not going to quit doing this until he is called on it and it begins to effect his recruiting efforts.  hopefully, these kids will start to see what he really is.

At some point you do have to start questioning not only the reasoning of the athlete, but their parents/guardians as well. 

Unfortunately for this kid, his legal guardian is good friends with Chris Rumph, so he probably has kept him hanging around...until the kid opened his trap for the AJC and put UAT in a pretty bad situation as far as a violation is concerned.

My wife is an Alabama fan. :beatmullet: I talked to her about the Justin Taylor situation. I tried to explain that this RB is basically being pushed out by Saban so he can have another RB that may be better; even though the kid gave his word back in August.

She says that the kid does not have any proof that this actually happened. :dunno: She says that because  :devil: is winning, there may be people that will make things up.  "Is anyone else having the same problem? What are the parents saying? Did he sign anything?  Money talks, b........ walks." This is the mentality of that fanbase. She can't name the first player on that team, but she's an Alabama fan.

Of course, we argued to the point that I said, "You know what, you win."  It's like talking to a rock. I feel for this kid. It's sad when someone has so much power that they can push a kid aside, and the kid doesn't have the capacity to understand what is happening.

Oh, but  :devil: will make sure he finds a job for the kid. While that nutcase is at it, he can find me a job.

I would say to tell your wife to read the articles. His coach said the same thing. But sounds like it won`t change her mind.

At some point you do have to start questioning not only the reasoning of the athlete, but their parents/guardians as well.  

^^This x 10000.  Saban has been recruiting in the SEC for 10 (TEN) years, albeit not consecutive.  His process/tactics/scheme/system of recruiting players has not changed one bit.  Every person in the business of HS & college football is well aware of how he operates his program.  Saban is not pulling the wool over anyone's eyes.  Any individual that comes in contact with saban, or uat is well aware of how they operate. 

They knowingly and willingly choose to play for him.  His results on the football field coupled with the potential to play in NFL obviously clouds some people's vision. 

In this particular case, I can't help but be a little skeptical of the kids legal guardian being his HS football coach. 

Have you noticed that many of UAT's recruits have those "legal guardians" gently guiding them to AL.  Head scratcher. 

The uat money men have been compensating the people *around* high profile athlete for a very long time. That's probably the biggest part of their system. Get the support people around these athletes in their pocket.

Have you noticed that many of UAT's recruits have those "legal guardians" gently guiding them to AL. Head scratcher.

The uat money men have been compensating the people *around* high profile athlete for a very long time. That's probably the biggest part of their system. Get the support people around these athletes in their pocket.

They aren't the only one's doing it. Men like Will Lyles (any numerous more) that are *around* high profile athletes have been compensated for years by the SCHOOL. There are men like Lyles running around all over the country with their hands out, while they shuffle these kids to the highest paying programs. For every one Willie Lyles, there are a dozen more around the corner doing exactly what he does. It's a dangerous buisness to be involved in, both for the player and the program. I hate to say it, but AU and our coaches aren't immune to dealing with individuals like I've mentioned. Unfortunately it's the nature of college football these days, and it has been this was for years.

• 1 month later...

I was looking for some Michigan meltdown comments after the Kozan signing and ran across this "open letter" to Napoleon Satan from a Meat-chicken fan in one of their blogs.  At least it's not just AU fans that will continue to be frustrated when nothing ever happens to the crimson demi-god.

http://mgoblog.com/diaries/open-letter-nick-saban

Archived