Varez Ward and His Quad

For everyone that is questioning Varez and why he hasn't been a world beater, I have a little information for you.  Varez Ward has not bheen playing at 100%... not even close.  His old teammates from Jeff Davis have told me.  They, as well as us, are waiting to see the real Varez play ball at Auburn.  Just letting everyone know:

He is, in fact, a world beater.  He will be one of a hand full of players that will have Auburn basketball not only contending for the SEC championship, but making a push in the NCAA tournament. 

I hope you are right, and hope he gets healed up, because we won't take the next step without a point guard who can create scoring opportunities when they are hard to come by.

I hope that is the case. So far he has been a disappointment. In a tight I would rather see Josh handling the ball. We need a true point guard. One that can shoot.

It's taken yall this long to find out he hasnt been playing 100%

No... but it took someone that played with him to tell me just how off he is.

I'm sure VW hates it more than anyone else. I can't wait to see him play when he is all the way back.

It's taken yall this long to find out he hasnt been playing 100%

No... but it took someone that played with him to tell me just how off he is.

I'm sure VW hates it more than anyone else. I can't wait to see him play when he is all the way back.

dont know if we will ever see him when he is all the way back

I hope that is the case. So far he has been a disappointment. In a tight I would rather see Josh handling the ball. We need a true point guard. One that can shoot.

That quad has and probably will continue to give him problems. Barbee himself has said that it limits his speed and explosiveness a great deal. He is probably playing at 80-90% or so if that much. I don`t know if rest will help or not.

He tweeted me back tonight and said his leg was good to go.

Varez Ward (@Vward_1)

1/27/12 7:34 PM

@AuburnDominance yes I should be ready to go

Varez is good people. One of a small few Auburn players that will actually acknowledge a fan's tweets.

Varez Ward (@Vward_1)

Varez is good people. One of a small few Auburn players that will actually acknowledge a fan's tweets.

I`m glad he is good to go but after watching him Wed. night, I doubt he is 100%. I sure hope so but would be surprised. I hate him having these problems because he can be so explosive when well. Best of luck to him.

Varez Ward (@Vward_1)

That's really cool. Small gesture, but he just moved up a lot in my book.

Varez Ward (@Vward_1)

they all usually respond to my tweets

Varez Ward (@Vward_1)

they all usually respond to my tweets

It's funny, I was looking at my following list and Varez and KG were the only basketball players I was following. Thought I was following most of them.  :-[

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you are right, and hope he gets healed up, because we won't take the next step without a point guard who can create scoring opportunities when they are hard to come by.

I'm not sure what has happened (I've seen the stories about this two day rest that have invigorated him but I don't buy that as the reason), but Ward has been different the last 2 1/2 games.  Against MSU he drove the ball at will, and scored, got to the line, and created opportunities for others.  We scored the most points we have in SEC play even without much production from our post players.  Our offense was different.  I quoted myself above because, honestly, I didn't think Ward could be that guy.  I thought his former self was gone, but clearly not.  I hope to see in person tonight, a continuation of what he has shown the last couple games. 

Great AP article on Varez pulished yesterday.  Didn't know he had mad hops like a 38" vertical!  Too bad about the tendon tear.  I'm a personal trainer, and I can't imagine attempting to get a torn quadriceps muscle or tendon(s) to resume full explosive strength and flexibility in less than 2 yrs.  I'm proud for his determination.  WE Mr. Ward!

http://onlineathens.com/sports/college-sports/2012-02-09/auburns-ward-flashing-signs-former-self

Great AP article on Varez pulished yesterday.  Didn't know he had mad hops like a 38" vertical!  Too bad about the tendon tear.  I'm a personal trainer, and I can't imagine attempting to get a torn quadriceps muscle or tendon(s) to resume full explosive strength and flexibility in less than 2 yrs.  I'm proud for his determination.  WE Mr. Ward!

http://onlineathens.com/sports/college-sports/2012-02-09/auburns-ward-flashing-signs-former-self

So in your professional opinion, should Ward be 100% ready to play by the time next season rolls around?

Archived