From the Decatur Fishwrap...

DKW 86

I can see many of the over reactionary crowd throwing stones at any coach that does not meet their ideas of success. Problem is that real success takes a while to build.

See CTT and CJK this year. Last year there was much complaining about several coaches at :ua: and :au: too. Now they are a year more into their systems as coaches and suddenly they are much better....Miraculous how that happened.

Read the article on Kines.

Some of these sidewalk fans are just a joke... :yes:

Just to get the bammers going on this glowing article, with the powerful schedule they've played and such a great D, how come they rank right behind the little brother (UAB) in the polls. Must be a conspiracy.

I was just making fun of the Fire Rader, Kines, Tuberville, Saban, etc every tiime they lose one game crowd.

Let's see how they feel about kines AFTER the next 4 games. :big:

Based on the article's ranking of their rushing defense (39th nationally-below even last year), looks like maybe Caddy will have one more game to make up many of those yards he wasn't able to get during the two years he was hurt for the Iron Bowl. :big:

I'll agree that the passing situation looks more troublesome, though. But again, their three biggest games are still to come.

Just to get the bammers going on this glowing article, with the powerful schedule they've played and such a great D, how come they rank right behind the little brother (UAB) in the polls.  Must be a conspiracy.

113218[/snapback]

We rank behind UAB in the polls because we've lost two games. No conspiracy. I wonder how much more powerful AU's schedule is then bama's? Some of you guys kill me with your rock throwing.

Now on to the topic at hand. The people who are the first to call for a coach's head, are the first to bask in the glory once they actually do good. We had the same thing happen with Torbush his first year. Some wanted him gone, until he was actually gone, then they wanted him back. I'll call shotty playcalling like I see it, but I won't call for a coach's head. Kines made some mistakes last year, but he's doing great so far this season. :ua:

I think Kines has done an excellent job considering the situation he's been put in.

Everyone wanted a scapegoat last year...and Kines was it.

113235[/snapback]

Who will be "it" THIS year? :D

I wonder how much more powerful AU's schedule is then bama's?

113259[/snapback]

You are joking, right? How many top 10 teams have you played so far?

Just to get the bammers going on this glowing article, with the powerful schedule they've played and such a great D, how come they rank right behind the little brother (UAB) in the polls.  Must be a conspiracy.

113218[/snapback]

We rank behind UAB in the polls because we've lost two games. No conspiracy. I wonder how much more powerful AU's schedule is then bama's? Some of you guys kill me with your rock throwing.

113259[/snapback]

I've been having rocks thrown at me since 1963!!! I've got probably 2 or 3 tons of UA rocks I've been saving. It's time to start throwing those rocks back. Of course, I'll probably die before they are all gone, but it sure is fun at present.

Archived