Arizona game 3

AU64

Tigers showing some life...6-0 lead in the 5th.....two on and one out. Koger pitching and doing a good job....think he has only given up one hit.    Good response to game two in which Tigers were blasted.

Loose play continues....in addition to errors, had a runner picked off and failed to get bunts down twice if I recall correctly.  Only good pitching by Koger kept AU in the game.  Ariz has donated a couple runs with errors too so maybe that's just college ball now.  Now that everyone is playing small ball, lots more ground balls and fewer flies to the outfield.   

Final  8-3 ...a good win over a ranked team.

Nice win anyway.  AZ is so tough to play at any time, but early in the season, on the road, is almost too much for most teams. I consider not getting swept a very good thing.

JB is a little scary because he gets behind in the count so much, but he did do a pretty good job.

Don't underestimate how important of win this was. It sucks we got whooped twice but to come back after those 2 and get a win is HUGE. Shows this team is capable of playing at a high level. If Derek and Daniel are both on we can beat anybody it looks like. I think tho we might need to move Slade to the week. He just seems to struggle in the weekend rotation.

Archived