Jeffrey Whitaker

I'm expecting great things out of Jeffrey...as a matter of fact, I'm getting excited about this season because of the way the coaches have been talking about the work ethic of the team. It reminds me of the way Cam came in and pushed himself so hard to get where he needed to be, quite honestly, just on a larger scale.

I love listening to his interviews. He's charismatic and a great quote. I played d line in high school and my coach always said you have to be the meanest nastiest sob on the field every play. i hope with all the new found power and agility these guys have this year, they line up every play with bad intentions.

What a year of work can do for a guy...he looked like a different guy physically. 

It would really be great to see either he or Kenneth Carter take the "Fairley jump" from the soph. to junior year. That would make our defense extremely nasty.

:believe:

Impressive attitude by Whitaker in this video.  I enjoyed the way he kept his head up and looked at the person asking the queations and gave spontaneous answers. 

I'm beginning to have flashbacks to the 88 defensive line...my Lord, can you imagine if this group gets even close to that one?

Love Whitaker. Great representative of AU and our team. That said I do not think he was living up to his potential last year. He played well enough for a sophmore, but he has the talent to play at another level. Glad to see him around 300lbs now with the same strength. IMO, getting in better shape is exactly what he needs to take it to the next level where he is more consistant.

It would really be great to see either he or Kenneth Carter take the "Fairley jump" from the soph. to junior year. That would make our defense extremely nasty.

I'm not counting on Carter to be that kind of player. That's not a shot at Kenneth, just that he's more the Mel Blanc type, IMO: dependable, solid player, with the potential to make big plays (like Blanc did on the safety against Oregon), but not the guy who is going to grab the headlines.

I'm beginning to have flashbacks to the 88 defensive line...my Lord, can you imagine if this group gets even close to that one?

We are a long ways from the '88 Dline, one of the best if not the best in AU history. A very long ways. We did not come close to controlling the LOS last year, much less dominating it. Our guys are maturing though and we will be a lot better this year I expect. 2010 was a dominant Dline as well. The D as a whole was not, but the Dline was. I'm happy if we can get in that ballpark this coming year.

I'm not counting on Carter to be that kind of player. That's not a shot at Kenneth, just that he's more the Mel Blanc type, IMO: dependable, solid player, with the potential to make big plays (like Blanc did on the safety against Oregon), but not the guy who is going to grab the headlines.

Plus, he was amazing when he did the voices of Porky Pig, Daffy Duck, Tweety Bird, and the rest of the Looney Toon characters.  ;D

Impressive attitude by Whitaker in this video. I enjoyed the way he kept his head up and looked at the person asking the queations and gave spontaneous answers.

He has always given great interviews. He seems very personable and gives genuine answers. I really hope he steps up and becomes a true leader on the defensive side of the ball. He does have the talent to be an enforcer in the middle of the line.

Preesh the link, Bird. I think we all agree that Jeff has the mental and physical tools to be a huge( literally)  piece of the puzzle for us this year. Let's hope this is the year he finally puts it all together. WDE Jeffrey.

you need popcorn to watch his interviews. had the chance to meet and chat with him for a minute last year and couldn't have been more impressed. war damn whitaker.

Jeff is mature, well spoken and you can tell he understands the game very well. I fully expect him to be a real leader on that defense this year.

man, that positive attitude is contagious! JW officially has me pumped about the coming fall already. not sure I have ever seen a more positive, upbeat young man. also loved his impression of coach BVG. "tough, firm......but likes to have fun". War Eagle guys!

Also remember guys, if our offense can move the ball and run some clock, our defense will be fresher!  Defensive coaches will actually have time to make in game adjustments.  We went 3 and out a lot last year.  That was typically only a few minutes rest and coaches could not make changes.  This years d-line will rise up and play lights out.  Depth will not an issue from DE to DT we are loaded with speed and strength.  Just sit back and enjoy the show that Mr. Whitaker puts on this year!!!! :we:

JW is always a great interview.  i hope the leaner JW is also meaner, as I think he can wreak som havoc in the middle if so.  I feel really good about out d-line and hope we can solidify a strong 2-deep rotation to keep the big uglies fresh.  I truly all starts with them, on both sides of the ball.

was a whitaker fan from his recruitment.  when he was picked as one of the strongest DL recruits at one of the allstar games or combines ... in conjunction with his place as family male role model - if i recall, he has a bunch of siblings that look up to him.  i felt as though he has unsung auburn superstar in the interior DL written all over him.  he had an ok year last year - he will be the rock of our DL this year (whether he starts or not with the young phenom sophs we have coming back) simply due to his leadership skills.

Plus, he was amazing when he did the voices of Porky Pig, Daffy Duck, Tweety Bird, and the rest of the Looney Toon characters.  ;D

Glad to see I'm not the only one who caught this. Uh buh d, uh buh d, that's all folks!!!

Glad to see I'm not the only one who caught this. Uh buh d, uh buh d, that's all folks!!!

I was wondering if anybody was going to give me anything on that one!  :laugh:

Archived