LP gives up football

Les81

Justin Hokanson ‏ @JHokanson

Gene Chizik said FB Ladarious Phillips "has elected not to play football". Says it was his decision.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So who we think will step up and provide depth at Fullback behind Prosch? I'm thinking possibly Jovon Robinson when he gets here in the fall.

So who we think will step up and provide depth at Fullback behind Prosch? I'm thinking possibly Jovon Robinson when he gets here in the fall.

Maybe Fulse?

Any reason why? I know its none of our business but just curious...wish him the best

Not sure by any means but probably because he was going to be either 5th string DT or 4th string FB. I hate to say this about somebody, but whenever I talked to someone either on the team or had access to the team the term "soft" was thrown around a lot with him. I never understood the hype, I thought we all knew he was going to be a project coming in. But good luck to him and his future.

And the 2013 signing class continues to grow...

Does anyone have a good idea on how many spots we have for 2013 as of TODAY?

Unfortunately, the only play I remember him from was the Florida play. I know he was out there more than that, but that is the only play I actually remember.

Unfortunately, the only play I remember him from was the Florida play. I know he was out there more than that, but that is the only play I actually remember.

Saw him on his back a couple of time during the lswhoo game.

Saw him on his back a couple of time during the lswhoo game.

Yeah, he was pancaked by an LSU kid much smaller than him.

Let's all just wish LP well, and move on!  Nothing to gain by throwing jabs at the kid on his way out. 

Keep your head on straight, LP, and stick with school!  Get that degree, and continue to be an Auburn Man!

War Eagle!

Any reason why? I know its none of our business but just curious...wish him the best

Not sure by any means but probably because he was going to be either 5th string DT or 4th string FB. I hate to say this about somebody, but whenever I talked to someone either on the team or had access to the team the term "soft" was thrown around a lot with him. I never understood the hype, I thought we all knew he was going to be a project coming in. But good luck to him and his future.

I threw around the term "soft" quite a few times for several of our players last season. :-[

Here's to our entire team having more production in the S&C department in the off-season. :we:

You're joking? right?

You're joking? right?

No way a freshman comes in and is productive at FB in the SEC, much less one that was recruited as a RB. It just isn't going to happen.

Sorry, I was not taking a shot at him. More at the people who thought he would be All SEC because he could do a standing backflip.  :dunno:

Good luck to him.

:dunno:

Look out when you here these stories of legendary status before a snap of college football. Hate it for the kid because he most likely lost a scholarship.

I thought the same thing. The man...The myth is over.  :'(

Archived