2014 5* LB Raekwon McMillan (Ohio State signee)

1167927.jpg

Raekwon McMillan, ILB

Hinesville, GA (Liberty County)

Ht: 6-2 | Wt: 242 | 40: 4.79

- Auburn offered 4/10/12

- Ellis Johnson primary recruiter

- OV for Iron Bowl

Offers: Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana-Lafayette, Miami (Fl.), Michigan State, NC State, Nebraska, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Oregon, South Carolina, Stanford, Tennessee, Texas Tech, UCLA, USC, Washington and Wisconsin, among others.

247Sports: 5* (Top247 - No. 17)

Rivals: 5* (Rivals100 - No. 19)

Scout: 4*

2012: 152 tackles, seven sacks, and five forced fumbles at linebacker. He added 9 touchdowns as a running back.

6.8.12 McMillan received an invite to play in the Under Armour All-America game.

2011: 97 total tackles, 20 tackles for loss, 5 forced fumbles, 1 sack, and 1 interception.

2010: 53 total tackles, 5 tackles for a loss, and 2 sacks.

McMillan has been a linebacker talked about since between his freshman and sophomore year. He is a big kid with a great frame and he is very strong. He is a good striker at linebacker and he can bring that thump when he makes a play. His biggest strength is attacking the ball downhill. He can still improve on his play side to side and his ability to drop back into pass coverage. He is a perfect inside backer that attacks. - Chad Simmons

http://auburn.scout....c=1&nid=5516900

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not ranked - not sure why - but has some impressive offers.  Interesting.  Thanks for the info!

Not ranked - not sure why - but has some impressive offers.  Interesting.  Thanks for the info!

He is in the 2014 class.  It is a little early for rankings.

• 1 month later...
Guest EagleDamnWar

Coach Martinez visited Raekwon today. McMillan will be at the Rivals100 Five-Star Challenge in June.

He has 12 offers so far: Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Miami, and most recently Florida and Florida State.  He has Auburn in his top 5.  Will visit sometime in July.  VanGorder is McMillan's lead recruiter for Auburn.  "I know he coached the Atlanta Falcons, that shows me he knows what he's talking about and he knows what it takes for me to get to the next level."

Coach Martinez visited Raekwon today. McMillan will be at the Rivals100 Five-Star Challenge in June.

He has 12 offers so far: Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Miami, and most recently Florida and Florida State.  He has Auburn in his top 5.  Will visit sometime in July.  VanGorder is McMillan's lead recruiter for Auburn.  "I know he coached the Atlanta Falcons, that shows me he knows what he's talking about and he knows what it takes for me to get to the next level."

Do you know who his top 5 is?

Do you know who his top 5 is?

I'm gonna take a wild guess.

UAT, AU, FSU, UGA, Clemson

Wonder if this kid was a founding member of Wu Tang.

Don't you mean Wang Chung. Doubt anyone gets it..

not tonight.

not tonight.

the line is "in the dark of the night" good lord musically challenged birds are a pain in the .............

not tonight.

the line is "in the dark of the night" good lord musically challenged birds are a pain in the .............

oh I know the line, I was just saying I'm not going to Wang Chung tonight.

not tonight.

oh I know the line, I was just saying I'm not going to Wang Chung tonight.

Now that's funny  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: back to the OP subj.

"Everybody" Wang chung tonight.

i am doing that right now!

Said in an interview I read today, he doesn't want to be in Reuben Foster's shadow. They are from the same high school, so whoever gets RF, will not get McMillan in my opinion. Sounds like either one would be an awesome pick up for us.

RM is a year behind RF, and RF will surely leave after three years; so RM could have at least two years without RF if they were both to attend the same university. That might be enough to remove the "shadow".

Said in an interview I read today, he doesn't want to be in Reuben Foster's shadow.

Then that should be motivation to outshine him, not a reason to avoid the school you may like the best just because someone else is there. 

I have no idea how he and Da'Shawn Hand have a relationship, but this is a recent tweet from McMillan. 

------------

"I'm gonna go ahead and say ,, if Da'shawn Hand commits to Ohio State ,, im going too , #BuckeyeNation #gobucks,"

------------

Obviously a long ways to go until that class signs, and you have to take them for what they're worth when it comes to twitter, but it sounds like he's got some serious interest in Ohio St.

Archived