2014 5* LB Raekwon McMillan (Ohio State signee)

From reading his interview with Rivals, he will not be playing behind Foster.

"I am tired of being in his shadow," McMillan said. "When people write about me they compare me to him. Just because I am younger doesn't mean I can't compete with him and it doesn't mean I can't be better already.

"He is a beast and an awesome player but I am not the guy in the background, I am not the next Rueben Foster. I want to make sure that is known."

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow I think that is some strong words.  I don't think playing behind RF is this kids problem as far as talent goes(atleat not to him) but I think he is just tired of being compared to him in general. I like his statements about being his ownself and not a RF clone.  Did kind of call out RF alittle. Man I hope to see them on the field this year for their hs team because that is going to be a competition between those two.

Said in an interview I read today, he doesn't want to be in Reuben Foster's shadow. They are from the same high school, so whoever gets RF, will not get McMillan in my opinion. Sounds like either one would be an awesome pick up for us.

From reading his interview with Rivals, he will not be playing behind Foster.

"I am tired of being in his shadow," McMillan said. "When people write about me they compare me to him. Just because I am younger doesn't mean I can't compete with him and it doesn't mean I can't be better already.

"He is a beast and an awesome player but I am not the guy in the background, I am not the next Rueben Foster. I want to make sure that is known."

Is there an echo in here?  Is there an echo in here?  :P

I have no idea how he and Da'Shawn Hand have a relationship, but this is a recent tweet from McMillan. 

------------

"I'm gonna go ahead and say ,, if Da'shawn Hand commits to Ohio State ,, im going too , #BuckeyeNation #gobucks,"

------------

Obviously a long ways to go until that class signs, and you have to take them for what they're worth when it comes to twitter, but it sounds like he's got some serious interest in Ohio St.

Don' know the relationship either, but we just offerred Da'Shawn Hand this past week.  kkolumbo ??

• 1 month later...

http://auburn.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=2&c=1196063&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fauburn.scout.com%2f2%2f1196063.html

Can anyone summarize this article? I thought he was tired of being in Reuben's shadow?  If we can pull off flipping Foster, then I would love to add this guy to next Year's class!!

:wareagle:

Nothing positive for AU. Says turds offered him and would not mind playing with Foster. Says they could get him to NFL. :laugh: Plans to visit AU in July.

Nothing positive for AU. Says turds offered him and would not mind playing with Foster. Says they could get him to NFL. :laugh: Plans to visit AU in July.

So he is cool with playing in the shadows of Foster now.  :thumbsup:

Raekwon McMillan is a very cool name, NFL ready.

:banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

If I hear about  :devil: getting players to the NFL one more time I am going to slam my head through this computer.

You and me both.  :banghead:

So you can hear the words you are reading? That's talented.

If I hear about  :devil: getting players to the NFL one more time I am going to slam my head through this computer.

:laugh: The voices in my head are just one of the many problems I have.

Guest EagleDamnWar

Will be visiting AU in July along with tons of other schools. Auburn will be the only camp he attends. If Hand commits to Ohio State then he will commit there.  UGA and OSU stick out although he claims no leaders. He’s planning to narrow his list to 15 schools after his junior season and announce a decision at the Under Armour All-American game in January of 2014.

Guest EagleDamnWar

"Dee Liner was probably the coolest guy there (Rivals Challenge)"  "Dee and Carl talked to me about Auburn a lot."  Ohio State, UGA, and Auburn stand out.  Once again, he hints that if Hand commits to Ohio State then he will be there.

Guest EagleDamnWar

Raekwon McMillan® ‏@Kwon_daTRUTH

@JalinMarshall you cool bruh , I'm thinken about becoming a Buckeye !!

• 3 weeks later...

Raekwon McMillan®‏@Kwon_daTRUTH

@THEtreyjohnson haha naw bruh ,, I see y'all auburn boys loaden up

Trey Johnson‏@THEtreyjohnson

@Kwon_daTRUTH you still stuck on O-State?

:laugh: The voices in my head are just one of the many problems I have.

Maybe the voices you are hearing are from banging your heads so much....  ;D

• 3 weeks later...

"I really built up a relationship with Dee Liner, who is committed to Auburn. He's a really cool guy."

"I'm making trips to Clemson, Auburn, Georgia, Florida and Ohio State this summer."

"I really built up a relationship with Dee Liner, who is committed to Auburn. He's a really cool guy."

"I'm making trips to Clemson, Auburn, Georgia, Florida and Ohio State this summer."

McMillan is the best RB since Reuben Foster!

• 6 months later...

Keith Niebuhr@Niebuhr247

5-star LB Raekwon McMillan says he will be an early enrollee. Scraps original plan to announce at All-America game.

"Meanwhile, back at the Hall of Justice.." Does anyone think that since what's his face flaked out and became a turd, that it could give us an in-road with him? E? KK? Jonesy? He hated being called the next "what's his face" so bad. Now he could play for the good guys AND make folks refer to "what's his face" as the next Raekwon?

I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want to see this young man run out of the tunnel @ JHS!!!

Archived