2014 5* LB Raekwon McMillan (Ohio State signee)

Ellis Johnson is a dream DC. He has been successful everywhere he has been.

Our D is weak in a few areas, and we need these recruits to fill the gaps. If we land 70% of the Defensive recruits we are targeting, we will be back to an elite D to go along with the studs we currently have.

The future of AU is extremely bright! We are way ahead of schedule and only adding to our resume.

Starting to look like we might bring in around 15 defensive players averaging almost 4*s in this class alone. Um, yes please.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just hope quite a few of those guys are ready to go next fall. Not a lot of freshmen are prepared for that, but we're going to need rotation players in a number of spots.

Just off the top of my head, depending on what we do with Elijah Daniel, we'll need as many as 3 new rotation guys at DE (losing Ford, Sanders, and possibly moving Daniel in to DT full-time). At worst, we'll have an open spot at MLB (in place of Holland), but this is a spot where you could see a new starter. I'd assume any incoming LB could work into the rotation (if he can play). At CB, if Holsey is 100% healthy, we've got a top 3. No one will know about his health till summer. This is clearly an available rotation spot if the incoming guys can beat out Melton or TJ Davis. At Safety, assuming we move Holsey, there's an open starting position and a need for two more rotation players.

So yeah, I'd say the incoming defensive class should be ready to go from day one. The opportunities are there for early playing time at every level.

I just hope quite a few of those guys are ready to go next fall. Not a lot of freshmen are prepared for that, but we're going to need rotation players in a number of spots.

Just off the top of my head, depending on what we do with Elijah Daniel, we'll need as many as 3 new rotation guys at DE (losing Ford, Sanders, and possibly moving Daniel in to DT full-time). At worst, we'll have an open spot at MLB (in place of Holland), but this is a spot where you could see a new starter. I'd assume any incoming LB could work into the rotation (if he can play). At CB, if Holsey is 100% healthy, we've got a top 3. No one will know about his health till summer. This is clearly an available rotation spot if the incoming guys can beat out Melton or TJ Davis. At Safety, assuming we move Holsey, there's an open starting position and a need for two more rotation players.

So yeah, I'd say the incoming defensive class should be ready to go from day one. The opportunities are there for early playing time at every level.

They'll have no choice, so that simplifies things a little.

2 Things. ! reason Kwon is high on tOSU is his family, specifically his dad, is a huge tOSU fan.

If we get Kwon Tre is projected at the Will LB. Getting Kwon will not affect Tre commitmnt wise.

To clarify, since we run a 4-2 base defense now, bringing in two highly-ranked guys that are both listed as "inside LB" or ILB just means we will have two studs playing next to each other, as I understand it. :bananadance:

"Ellis Johnson is a dream DC. He has been successful everywhere he has been.

Our D is weak in a few areas, and we need these recruits to fill the gaps. If we land 70% of the Defensive recruits we are targeting, we will be back to an elite D to go along with the studs we currently have.

The future of AU is extremely bright! We are way ahead of schedule and only adding to our resume."

,, that's putting it mildly...But the biggest need with all that is coming back and coming in next year is obviously linebacker position...We have a great recruit coming in but..kwon would do wonders to the position.We have missed out on so many of those guys over the years. I don't know how a guy would pass up a chance to pay in the sec over Ohio but auburn offers so much more right away.

I could not agree with you more. A large large part of this championship run has been overlooked, and that is the job EJ has done with the defense . He has hidden and covered up a few weaknesses and played to our strengths. Saying that we simply outscore our opponents does an injustice to him. He and all his assistants are fantastic coaches. I hope we get McMillan, but if we don't so be it. We will get another, but I am hoping for him.

I don't have any specific info on RM, but would be presently surprised if we land him, from what little info I have heard.

But with this magical season, coupled with this coaching staff, I cannot make any emphatic statement either way on RM.

Would love to get him on board. But with Rashaan at about 90% now, we will be fine either way.

when will the visit occur?

Sometime Sunday. I'm told Gus, Johnson, DC & RG are going. Maybe Cheese & Smith. AU has made up a ton of ground. Fingers crossed but I think its OSU in the end.

Seems like most recruiting expects,are favoring Ohio State as well. I would love to have him.

I'm guessing UGA.

uga? OSU, uat & AU in that order. Who knows after Gus has his home visit. Most of AU's assistants will be making the visit with Gus.

Conventional thought is OSU. We may can make up ground with our back to prominence in the SEC and the personal visit, but still a long shot.

If we do have a verbal, then it should force Rashaan to act more quickly, unless we already have a silent verbal (which would not surprise me).

Not sure a silent verbal would force anything with Evans. Are we not looking at Evans at both LB and the Star position. I do agree with you on the OSU lean if though it seems to be a 50/50 split with them & bama. Regardless, if we could manage to pull Tre', Evans and Kwon in this class, WOW!

Not sure a silent verbal would force anything with Evans. Are we not looking at Evans at both LB and the Star position. I do agree with you on the OSU lean if though it seems to be a 50/50 split with them & bama. Regardless, if we could manage to pull Tre', Evans and Kwon in this class, WOW!

Evans is about 80% AU. He is going to take official visits (per his last interview), but I would be surprised if he moved away from AU. He was actually celebrating our win in the Iron Bowl.

Of course Tre Williams is fully on board. I would say we have a 10% shot with Kwon right now, but the coaching staff is scheduled to visit him this weekend.

Evans and Kwon are unrelated recruits. Kwon is strictly a Mike/inside LB. Evans is being strictly recruit at the Star position in this class but obviously could turn into a very good Will/outside LB

FWIW.There are rumblings that Evans may be rated higher than Kwon in the last 247 rankings.

I read the same thing about the comparison E. Still would be nice if we could snag both of them but agree with bikerider with us having about a 10% chance. My question is who (if anyone) is on the what I call the Elijah Daniel watch. I.e., what recruit may we pull on NSD that we didn't appear to even be on our radar?

I saw on 247 some experts are picking the crimson necks. Ridiculous. The dude could come in and make an impact right away...But instead may want to help those people reload into three or four deep. Whatever man...Hopefully our visit makes an impact.

According to the bio linked on page 1, Coach Johnson is the lead recruiter. Is this still accurate? I am very happy with him as a DC, but as a recruiter for such a key player at a key position is he the right coach for Raekwon?

Archived