On the hunt for Auburn Golfers at the South Gorgia Classic

Stripe

Good morning all. I find myself sitting on the 12th hole driving distance from the tee box on the Kinderlou golf course in Valdosta GA this morning. I'm a marshall for the South Georgia Classic, nationwide tour. I'm supposed to be spotting  balls as they hit the ground. Being In a blind corner I feel more like a target as balls drop In and around the trap that's 10 feet from me. Tons of fun.

Are their any Auburn affiliated golfers that I should be on the lookout for? If so a pic would help.

Just saw Lee Janzon play through 12. He's trying to play his way back on the PGA tour. Looking good. Wish I could get an updated score.

Lee Williams I believe is the only AU guy there. His currently 3 under and Luke List is leading at 9 under. Watch out for those flying golf balls

Luke List  -9 

Anthony Rodriguez  -6 

Ryan Zabroske  -6 

Sihwan Kim  -6 

Robert Streb -6 

James Sacheck  -5 

Brian Stuard  -5 

Jason Allred  -4 

Scott Gardiner  -4 

Alex Prugh -3 

Lee Williams  -3 

Thanks for the update.

As far as the balls I just had one land 10 ft past me. Earlier this morning I had one land 2 feet in front of me.

I just acquired a nice shiny new proV1. One of these guys hit his drive shot 2' from me on the cart path. Had I not ducked I would be unconscious right now. His ball dropped 6 feet down a ravine. He took a drop and left his errant ball. I acquired it. $5.00 saved!

Day 4 of this tourney. Day 3 for me.

Yesterday I almost took a shot to the neither regions. Lucky. For me I have quick reflexes and got out of thee way.

Had a few other close calls as well. They kept me busy as hell.

Duffy Waldorf gave me one of his famous decorated balls on the first tee box.

Spoke with lee Williams yesterday. Gave him a big War Eagle! And got one in return. He shot even yesterday. Sits at -3 for the tourney tied for 32d.

Reid Edstrom of Auburn AL is here as well sitting at -4 for the tourney.

As for today. DeCorso has passed me by and for the first time in 3 days didn't hit the ball at me. No running for my life yet today but I'm only 3 groups in to the day still 31 of 34 groups to play through the 12th hole.

This is a humbling experience as I watch these guys hit a 3wood 250+ yards.

Yesterday Christopher DeForest hit it over 300 yards. Longest drive on the hole by far. Knowing they are hitting a 3W and add in the fact its about an 8 degree incline to the top of the fairway amazes me.

Update c. DeForests drive yesterday was 370 yards...

Had my close call for the day. Chris DeForest hit it just over my head. I could here it pushing air as it flew by. It bounced off the cart path behind me and bounced in the woods. Just like the rest of the Golfers he looks at the ball where I show him it's about 6' in, and takes a drop. After the pair take their approach shots I dive in to the woods after what should be another Titleist pro V1x and discover he's hitting cheap Srixon z-Star X. Really. You get free Pro V1x's and u choose to hit what I use for water balls? I don't get it.

Oh A4E, thanks a lot!

Archived